What's new

Who’s To Blame For Pakistan’s Crisis Situation? Ft. Javed Hassan

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

In tonight’s conversation with our special guest, Javed Hassan. What’s happening in Pakistan right now? Is something being done? What can having a strong mandate change? How close are we to a catastrophe, and why? What can a strong government bring? Is there any silver lining? Why is sovereignty important? What about our underemployment issues & unproductive SOE’s? What structural changes need to be done and how? How do we save money? Why haven’t we been able to upscale our talent? Does agriculture merit expansion? Floods and how is this affecting Pakistan? Where is the money from the funds going? Technocracy and what can we see happening? Climate economy - is there a potential opportunity? Catch this and so much more in tonight’s episode.

00:00 Tonight’s guest: Javed Hassan
00:51 The Current Situation in Pakistan
05:32 Is something even being done?
10:55 What can having a strong mandate change for us?
14:47 How close are we to a catastrophe, and why?
19:33 What can a strong government bring?
20:15 Property taxes - tax structure equity
22:14 Fiscal deficit
22:55 Is there any silver lining?
32:01 Why is sovereignty important?
34:22 Underemployment & un-productive SOE's
41:11 Import substitution
42:04 What structural changes need to be done and how?
47:05 How do we save money?
52:19 Why haven’t we been able to upscale our talent?
1:01:48 Having the right incentives
1:05:46 Floods and how is this affecting Pakistan?
1:07:02 Where should the money from the funds go?
1:16:05 Technocracy & what to expect?
1:22:23 Energy Crisis - Is there any solution?
1:26:58 Why load-shedding is back?
1:29:15 Climate economy - is there a potential opportunity?

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123

Exactly, only we are responsible for the mess we are in and Javed Hassan explained this very thing in detail on the podcast.

Yes, but explanations are only needed where there is intent to solve the crisis. We have no such plans, so what good is an explanation that everyone who can see already knows?

Summary answer: We are. 100%. No one else.
From this recent video and Atif Mian’s recent video I gather the educated observers have the following prescription:

We need property tax to gain back out Economic Sovereignty and to have the few essential subsidies for the lower classes, to prevent lawlessness. The free lunch for the local elites and foreign firms needs to be over (such as Thailand sending cars in the form of Knock down kits to Pakistan, and not even manufacturing for Pakistan, much less export to the world) We are almost in the same league as Haiti. It’s that stark, because default is coming facing the nation and the rich will flee the nation anyway if the SHTF. Better to tax them now and regain stability. Incentivize COMPETENT people to run become politicians and economic managers of key industries. No to a technocratic government, which is basically dictatorship. Local government rule is a must. All incompetent or useless civil servants need to be fired.

But all this only comes when a strong mandate is achieved by a political party.

To be frank, the establishment needs to talk to PTI, and just come up with a agreed upon plan for governance for 2023 (including purging incompetents). After the other parties lose the next election, all their incompetents elements of those parties need to be purged as well. A new contract with the public needs to be achieved to motivate entrepreneurs and make the country productive.

Personally these two specific videos disabused me of thinking I could help Pakistan (through investing or working there), unless they structurally reform. They really helped me understand the mind set of those that leave the country. Such as Junaid Akram that said, well come back when you fix things. This is not to confuse people willing to work with rich people that have benefited from the system and just pull their money when the SHTF. These two videos as turned me off investing in real estate in Pakistan.

Last edited:

In tonight’s conversation with our special guest, Javed Hassan. What’s happening in Pakistan right now? Is something being done? What can having a strong mandate change? How close are we to a catastrophe, and why? What can a strong government bring? Is there any silver lining? Why is sovereignty important? What about our underemployment issues & unproductive SOE’s? What structural changes need to be done and how? How do we save money? Why haven’t we been able to upscale our talent? Does agriculture merit expansion? Floods and how is this affecting Pakistan? Where is the money from the funds going? Technocracy and what can we see happening? Climate economy - is there a potential opportunity? Catch this and so much more in tonight’s episode.

00:00 Tonight’s guest: Javed Hassan
00:51 The Current Situation in Pakistan
05:32 Is something even being done?
10:55 What can having a strong mandate change for us?
14:47 How close are we to a catastrophe, and why?
19:33 What can a strong government bring?
20:15 Property taxes - tax structure equity
22:14 Fiscal deficit
22:55 Is there any silver lining?
32:01 Why is sovereignty important?
34:22 Underemployment & un-productive SOE's
41:11 Import substitution
42:04 What structural changes need to be done and how?
47:05 How do we save money?
52:19 Why haven’t we been able to upscale our talent?
1:01:48 Having the right incentives
1:05:46 Floods and how is this affecting Pakistan?
1:07:02 Where should the money from the funds go?
1:16:05 Technocracy & what to expect?
1:22:23 Energy Crisis - Is there any solution?
1:26:58 Why load-shedding is back?
1:29:15 Climate economy - is there a potential opportunity?

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Falcon26 @Norwegian @LeGenD @Iltutmish @notorious_eagle @Akh1112 @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Horus @Ark_Angel @SQ8 @Goenitz @messiach @TaimiKhan @SecularNationalist @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Ahmet Pasha @White and Green with M/S @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @Great Janjua @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123

Pakistan Army

I am a huge fan of this guy “Muzamil Hasan”… would highly recommend anyone to subscribe his YouTube channel as it’s probably the best podcast I have come across where the economy of Pakistan is discussed at very technical details

For topic I would like to say that it is obviously us to be blamed for this mess. Pakistan and India gained independence together and some of the Indian cities like Bangalore are now World class cities and here we are… losing the glory of vibrant Karachi of 1960s to now being a very unsafe city. Same is the other story for rest of the country and the economy

With intent and political backing, everything can be solved as there's a lot of potential
But without intent, coming together, national unity, and will

nothing going to get solved and we'll all keep going down

Last edited:
Personally these two specific videos disabused me of thinking I could help Pakistan (through investing or working there), unless they structurally reform. They really helped me understand the mind set of those that leave the country. Such as Junaid Akram that said, well come back when you fix things. This is not to confuse people willing to work with rich people that have benefited from the system and just pull their money when the SHTF. These two videos as turned me off investing in real estate in Pakistan.

A swamp is a great place if one is an alligator, the larger the better. Not so good if one is a smaller animal who cannot swim very well. Aqalmand key liye ishara hee kafi hey.

Fundamental axiom of politics: A people get the government they deserve.

Of course, and one that I have repeated many times for over a decade here on PDF.

With intent and political backing, everything can be solved as there's a lot of potential
But without intent, coming together, national unity, and will

nothing going to get solved and we'll all go keep going down
They key is demand/forcing more from those that benefit from the system. The phrase “To Whom much is given Much is required” is apt.

Btw, here is food for thought. An economy that lags more and more behind India, makes achieving Kashmir independence or holding the northern areas become at risk, because this kind of weakness will be seen by the enemy as the right conditions to attack. I pray it doesn’t take the loss of territory, as in 1971, for the powers that be to realize what is needed.

My 2 cents:

PPP: 50%
PML: 20%
Mullahs:15%
Military Junta's:15%

My 2 cents:

PPP: 50%
PML: 20%
Mullahs:15%
Military Junta's:15%
I changed my mind........who ever setup a British style parliamentary system with little political stability......Deserves 100% of the blame. PPP had the biggest hand in that. CIA was their historical backer.

Funny thing is the British style parliamentary system is ruining Britain as well.......what a bad role model. We need an East Asian single party state. :lol: :lol:

I changed my mind........who ever setup a British style parliamentary system with little political stability......Deserves 100% of the blame. PPP had the biggest hand in that. CIA is the force behind them.

Funny thing is the British style parliamentary system is ruining Britain as well.......what a bad role model. We need an East Asian single party state.
no , multi-ethnic country

Presidential system at best but not single anything

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom