What's new

Who was the greatest mathematician of ancient and medieval India

Not 100%, and just because some people does not mean that ancient past can or should be neglected.
Lol what do you mean not 100%.Either you believe Muslims are totally separate people from Hindus and need separate homeland or you don't.There is no middle path here.This is called shifting of goalposts to change the facts where ever it suits you.
How can you claim Pakistan as a legitimate country and yet say with a straight face these mathematicians are actually your ancestors too?
I thought you were Arabs?Make up your mind about what you are and what Pakistan stands for.

P.S I think deep inside, educated Pakistanis like you know the absurdity of two nation theory, but just aren't willing to admit it.

P.P.S This doesn't mean I am pushing for unification.I am just saying we were same people once, but now we are too different.Your country has become extremist, radicalized while we are somehow stumbling along the path of modernity.

Thank you!
Every one of these mathematicians contributed to scientific advancement which has resulted in weapons of today.Do you think the computer flying a fighter jet can work without zero?
Friendly advice, next time leave the moderating to actual moderators.

I take it that you are Mrityunjay born again.

I take it that you are Mrityunjay born again.

I have no idea whatchu talkin about son!

When a person is left with no arguments, he can do one of two things.Either gracefully admit his mistake and move on or do what you are doing now.
Vaham ka ilaaj to Lukaam ke paas bhi nahi tha.

What a clever answer!

Which of these mathematicians' works helped to produce a weapon, any weapon? Not Archimedes, or da Vinci; these.

May be mods should move this thread to members section. You should have suggested that instead of wasting your bandwidth.

When a person is left with no arguments, he can do one of two things.Either gracefully admit his mistake and move on or do what you are doing now.

Leave about him. no need for offtopic things here.

Got you in 25 posts.

Let's see how far you can get next time.

Islam arrived in todays northern India in 1192 after the death of Prithviraj.
But I understand what you mean. The Muslims arrived in northern India after the end of
the golden age of Persian mathematics (12th century) and thats the reason why there weren't
any great muslim mathematicians in India.

after Islami invasion 400 to 500 years period was death to Knowledge,Science. Dark Age of India .

after Islami invasion 400 to 500 years period was death to Knowledge,Science. Dark Age of India .
So when did the dark age of India start. (Which century)
What do you think?

Lol what do you mean not 100%.Either you believe Muslims are totally separate people from Hindus and need separate homeland or you don't.There is no middle path here.This is called shifting of goalposts to change the facts where ever it suits you.
How can you claim Pakistan as a legitimate country and yet say with a straight face these mathematicians are actually your ancestors too?
I thought you were Arabs?Make up your mind about what you are and what Pakistan stands for.

P.S I think deep inside, educated Pakistanis like you know the absurdity of two nation theory, but just aren't willing to admit it.

P.P.S This doesn't mean I am pushing for unification.I am just saying we were same people once, but now we are too different.Your country has become extremist, radicalized while we are somehow stumbling along the path of modernity.

firstly i am arab, lol...i am not sure if i should continue to reply to this nonsense.

anyway.....i do not fully believe in the 2 nation theory in the sense that muslims and hindu's cannot live side by side, in that sense the creation of pakistan is a failure of north indian politics at the time and some british scheming, so the two nation had its genesis from that context.

....in any case.....the main point i was making was in post #13 - that just because you are a muslim does not preclude you from having an ancient history, so i am defending the right for pakistani people to learn and understand the ancient history of their people and land, if there are mistakes made in the past with regards to this view then that is not to say they are cannot be rectified.

actually, my main opposition does not come from the religious right in pakistan but funnily enough from those leaning towards the religious right in INDIA.

Got you in 25 posts.

Let's see how far you can get next time.
LOL!

Listen dude, I am a medical Intern working at CMC Ludhiana.My name is not Mritunjya.I do not know you personally.

I think you are in need of psychiatric help.Please get some help.I mean it sincerely.

firstly i am arab, lol...i am not sure if i should continue to reply to this nonsense.

Actually, this "nonsense" as you put it, is the basis of two nation theory, on which Pakistan of today was created.

anyway.....i do not fully believe in the 2 nation theory in the sense that muslims and hindu's cannot live side by side, in that sense the creation of pakistan is a failure of north indian politics at the time and some british scheming, so the two nation had its genesis from that context.

So you in essence saying Two nation theory was wrong and a result dirty politics of British and feudal lords that still hold power in modern day Pakistan to this day.Thats pretty much what I, and most Indians think too.

....in any case.....the main point i was making was in post #13 - that just because you are a muslim does not preclude you from having an ancient history, so i am defending the right for pakistani people to learn and understand the ancient history of their people and land, if there are mistakes made in the past with regards to this view then that is not to say they are cannot be rectified.

Yes I agree it does not.You have as much right to them as an Indian.But the thing is, officially, your own Govt. denies it.By supporting two nation theory.You can claim Vatican heritage for all I care, but when you say one thing, and your govt's position is another, we accept govt's position.

actually, my main opposition does not come from the religious right in pakistan but funnily enough from those leaning towards the religious right in INDIA.

Who is opposing you? They merely point out contradictions in your narrative.

Points in bold.

Points in bold.

just on your first response.....i am not sure if i can say two nation theory was with certainty wrong, i am speaking from a pretty idealistic viewpoint and with hindsight. its still one which i will defend but who can say what felt right at the time?

in that sense i hope the people of south asia can understand that those were different times to today in some ways, and the key point is whats right for the future?

what the govt. says can be easy to reverse and disregard, in short; "who cares". :)

Sure you are mate. Since you're from UK, I assume you're either Mirpuri Arab or Punjabi Arab. Totally makes sense. :) :agree:

But then again most Pakistanis have of Arabic/Persian and Turkic roots? :P

Sure you are mate. Since you're from UK, I assume you're either Mirpuri Arab or Punjabi Arab. Totally makes sense. :) :agree:

But then again most Pakistanis have of Arabic/Persian and Turkic roots? :P

dude, i was saying the exact opposite to what you think, that its funny to think of me as arab (hence why i said it was nonsense), maybe i didnt come across clearly, but i can assure you i have never claimed to be arab, lol.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom