What's new

Who Was The Best Fighter Pilot Ever ?

Have you noticed that all are heros and legends of PAF never made it 2 stars or 3star, well in our days back in the 80s becoming a Air Cdre was a very big thing now in PAF we have more AVM's them Air Cdre's.
After 65, 71 one word Jealousy, If you take out the list of the officers who fought with valour in 65, 71 they all retired before time and some never got promoted. Another word ( Hum Piyala hum Niwaly) they did not like politics they were from a very different breed. When they found out that they need to lick the other guys balls to get promoted they said go to hell.
I can give you countless examples just take MM Alam in the aviation community every one knows him, you only need to wisper MM and they will say Alam. Take Cecil Chaudhry a hero who doesn't know him but never got promoted. I think at times PAF has not been fair with its heros.
MM Alam was is a great man I know him since we were at the academy, strap him up in an F-86 and he will Chew your *** in seconds he was without fear and that makes a fighter pilot very dangerous. I remember he got Court Marshalled for doing a victory roll in front of Shah of Iran during the Demo but was excused, later on he proved to the world in 65 what he can do. Every one who has a name in PAF has been Court Marshalled one time or the other but excused later for there services, all of them were young and Hot shots.
Let me give you a live example look back that the photo where MHk Dotani is shaking hands with the CAS of Bangladesh and Hakim sahib pointed him finger at Dotani and telling the bangladesh CAS about his Record, while he was talking look at the 3rd person standing at his left side no names just look at his face the way he is looking at Dotani. That explains everything.

I have seen that picture on the DF, saved it to my computer then I watched it closely, That Particular person's eyes were really full of jealousy.

Last edited:
I hope someone else can shed some more light on the Red Baron’s personal diary (if he left any!) or even on Douglas Bader’s WWII feats…

Douglas Bader - read Reach For The Sky by Paul Brickhill if you can get it.

Richthofen - go here to read his diary:

The Red Fighter Pilot

As far as the PAFs records are concerned , there are many..

...First ever capture of an enemy fighter from another fighter ( IAF GNATs force landing by F-104s)

There are many recorded stories of planes being forced down in WWI by Germans and the Allies. Don't have a link, but have read of a few incidents.

who was the Blue Max! or was it a fictional figure in a movie starring George Peppard.

The Blue Max was a colloquial term given to the Pour Le Merite, the highest award for valour given by the German army until the end of WWI (after which Hitler instituted the Knights Cross series). There was also a pretty good movie by the same name.

On the subject of who was the best fighter pilot ever; it's a debate that will not end.

But for my money, WW I pilots had the most difficult challenges to surmount. Why?

Because there only two types of WW I pilots - flamers and jumpers.

For me the greatest fighter pilot, or at least in my top 5 would have to include Egon Mayer.
He was a reasonably chivalrous fighter pilot too. Especially when you consider that this was a time when Russian pilots were ramming their planes into Luftwaffe fighters.

I am on annual vacation in London and having little else to do watch a lot of TV. I chanced to see a program about an Israeli fighter pilot called GIORA EPSTEIN. He has had 19 kills in various wars with the Arabs. The most interesting feat was a dog fight against a whole squadron of Syrian MIG 21’s with Epstein flying a Nesher ( Israeli built Mirage 5) in 1973 Yom Kuppur war. Epstein was flying alone thus had no wingman to watch his six. It was claimed that he took on 10 Migs simultaneously, shot down 4 and came out unscathed.

IMO a tail less delta such as Mirage-5 should theoritically be less manouverable than a Mig 21. If this actually happened, Giora Epstein must surely be the greatest fighter pilot ever!

Humbly request Hon. Murad to comment on the veracity of this extra ordinary claim.

I am on annual vacation in London and having little else to do watch a lot of TV. I chanced to see a program about an Israeli fighter pilot called GIORA EPSTEIN. He has had 19 kills in various wars with the Arabs. The most interesting feat was a dog fight against a whole squadron of Syrian MIG 21’s with Epstein flying a Nesher ( Israeli built Mirage 5) in 1973 Yom Kuppur war. Epstein was flying alone thus had no wingman to watch his six. It was claimed that he took on 10 Migs simultaneously, shot down 4 and came out unscathed.

IMO a tail less delta such as Mirage-5 should theoritically be less manouverable than a Mig 21. If this actually happened, Giora Epstein must surely be the greatest fighter pilot ever!

Naiz SB GIORA EPSTEIN is lying from his As- , I was there as a kid and
Humbly request Hon. Murad to comment on the veracity of this extra ordinary claim.

Naiz Bahi GIORA EPSTEIN is lying his As- off I was there with my father he had 11 confirmed kills rest is all bullshit IAF at its best , He is the only pilot who had his claims without a witness, by is 11th kill the mirage was out of fuel and barley made it back.

sorry for posting my request here. for some weird resons am not allowed to make new posts.. anyway i need some help... is any one of you guys is a 65 or 71 war hero... am talking to pakistani war heros.. i need to conduct an interview for hilal.... please kindly hit me in my inbox... i wod be grateful... anyone please..??

I think it depends upon circumstances. The jet pilot with most kills is a Israeli who retired in late 80s .He shot down 17 jets including mig 21 and Su7 from his mirageIII and IAI Nasher (copy of mirage IV) repectively with cannon fire and side windes

Well Guys this discussion has taken a long time than expected, why dont we just stick Pakistani Pilots, firstly, then move to International Pilots...We figure out the performance of pakistani Pilots by the Wars they fought and by their skills other than war days...Some of writers in the forum have seen the real fights and some have not but surely they can judge each other's abilities, then we can make a final decision...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom