What's new

Which was the dirtiest pakistani city you've ever been to ?

The thing that get's me about Pakistan is why are streets, roads so narrow? There should be a law in Pakistan. No street should be narrower then 25ft. With 20ft given to vehicle right of way and 2.5ft on both sides as pedestrian right of way. Pakistan is large country. Far larger then UK. This simply policy would help to clean the place up and give it air of development.

In the modern Islamabad I noticed streets were often barely 15ft and without any provision for pedestrians. Buildings are built too close to each other.

Nehmatullah Khan dug up the whole city before handing over Mayorship to Kamal so that he has to complete the projects. Kamal did good job later on.
before Mushraf / kamal ere khi used to be a decent city after Fauji gave power to mqm khi has regressed and democrazy and partnership of ppp/mqm has destroyed the city.

ps: not a jamati or a pti supporter.

Last edited:
As residence of the Country how clean are some people? How much littering do they do? It’s disgusting and unpleasant.

I think people mentioning Gujranwala are being too unkind as its not that bad compared to other cities I have seen. Its probably most developed in Punjab after Lahore and Faisalabad.

I think most cities look very similar in Pakistan but I was really frustrated with Pattoki due to dirty water over there.

Outside Punjab I have only been to Karachi which somewhat resembles Lahore depending on the area you are visiting...
Dirty water in not just the problem in Pattoki but also parts of Faislabad, Gujranwala and Hafizabad. Only area adjacent to river Chenab get clean water. The rest is getting slowly polluted. My own village has been affected and all these areas require filteration plants.

Our minds are also narrow like our streets .
lol. Nice one. But seriously it annoys me big time. Hell to the JF-Thunder, hell to the next 5th gen fighter, hell the next stealth submarine but please can we get what our ancestors in Harappa got right, the Romans figured it and the Victorians built England. Wide streets, with pavements. All it takes a simple rule, employ the millions of unemployed to clear the garbage every week and or line it with bricks. We would have another Pakistan.

I was looking at the Chinese building the convention centre in the Gwadar free zone. What struck me about it was it did not look like Pakistan simply because it has tidy and well ordered external area with appropriate space given for pavement, wide road etc. What caught my eye was not the exp centre, there are far more grander buildings in Pakistan but the quality, space and detail around the building. Appropriate space, clear pavements, dinstinct roads, all with proper street marking and designed to create a clean ordered environment.

27292838_10159906250085494_1843014008_n.jpg

283_2_112745_POST_ALBUM.jpg

28263885449_10b10697e5_b.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

In Punjab it has to be Gujranwala, though I suspect nothing beats Lyari :lol:

Cities are the window through which we see the world... Unfortunately, We don't have an ideal situation in pakistan. But i have seen amazing people. Who try their best to clean their areas...Giving awareness "Clean your city". It's really easy to criticize, Make fun...Laughing at others... Inshort, "I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. i like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." Inshallah...Pakistan will be beautiful, clean and safest place... Hopefully that day is not so far... We pakistani are talented and legends...

Last edited:
Karachi was great in the past but now it turns into a garbage.very dirty city and mostly people burn garbage on roads which creates flames and smoke that are harmful to everyone including dogs and cats.i feel so sad for this situation of Karachi.

Never been to karachi, but pindi and gujranwala are pretty dirty

Back
Top Bottom