What's new

Which residential community is best in Rawalpindi or ISB?

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Guys.
Please share your experience .
Long story cut short.
The brilliant corrupt Government gave us the opportunity to buy a 2 kanal plot for 2 Crore in Sector D-12 Islamabad ,A very much impossible sum for a family that very much relies on what they have and not pick pocketing wealth through corruption.
Its just beyond me where our society is going and where the people and Government is taking it.
So we basically saved us some money but checked out bahria town Islamabad ,which sits outside the city of Rawalpindi ,Looks like a desert and is very much isolated due to its distance from the center of the city ,Not much there to begin with except the puffery .
Our budget is 70 to 90 lakhs .

Hi Guys.
Long story cut short.
The brilliant corrupt Government gave us the opportunity to buy a 2 kanal plot for 2 Crore in Sector D-12 Islamabad ,A very much impossible sum for a family that very much relies on what they have and not pick pocketing wealth through corruption.
Its just beyond me where our society is going and where the people and Government is taking it.
So we basically saved us some money but checked out bahria town Islamabad ,which sits outside the city of Rawalpindi ,Looks like a desert and is very much isolated due to its distance from the center of the city ,Not much there to begin with except the puffery .

You want to buy a Plot or a House with this budget.?
If plot .Then my preference is Gulberg ISB these days ..1 kanal residential plot will be easily available under 70 lakh ..
Behria town is a big NO these days here..
If you want to buy a house and can spare some more bucks then i would recommend you to check out Satellite Town Rawalpindi..or it's surrounding are also good ..
In Rawalpindi developed area's, Plot averages from 6 to 7 lakh marla ..

Bahria town and DHA may sound isolated scheme but they are providing all facilities so no issue of security, water, load shedding, picking dustbin etc they also have best school, playground, shopping centre and medical centre within housing society and saddar main city centre is just at distance of 20/30 minute but if you want to live independently then I will say chaklala scheme 3, fazaia colony and westridge in rawalpindi
as far as Islamabad then I guess its more expensive depend on which sector you are going after but those less developed areas in islambad might be cheap and in your price range

If plot .Then my preference is Gulberg ISB these days ..1 kanal residential plot will be easily available under 70 lakh ..
are you sure?
1 kanal residential plot in Islamabad under 70 lakhs?

Behria town is a big NO these days here..
If you want to buy a house and can spare some more bucks then i would recommend you to check out Satellite Town Rawalpindi..or it's surrounding are also good ..
In Rawalpindi developed area's, Plot averages from 6 to 7 lakh marla ..
Thanks bro ,I'm buying a house
Gulburg is 30 minutes from my current home where i live lol ,It is just being raised ,very underdeveloped just like bahria town.
Do you have any idea how much would it cost to build a home in gulberg ,7 or 10 marla? This is difficult to do because we northners are simple people and building houses is very much complicated.

Bahria town and DHA may sound isolated scheme but they are providing all facilities so no issue of security, water, load shedding, picking dustbin etc they also have best school, playground, shopping centre and medical centre within housing society and saddar main city centre is just at distance of 20/30 minute but if you want to live independently then I will say chaklala scheme 3, fazaia colony and westridge in rawalpindi
as far as Islamabad then I guess its more expensive depend on which sector you are going after but those less developed areas in islambad might be cheap and in your price range
Ya ur right ,All basic facilities are available in dha or bahria ,hence the only option we've left is bahria because it gives value for money ,or at least in Pakistan :

Although I checked out the fazaia colony because i once went there as one of our family friend lives there ,All houses there are above 2 crore (The one in isb expy).

Thanks bro ,I'm buying a house
Gulburg is 30 minutes from my current home where i live lol ,It is just being raised ,very underdeveloped just like bahria town.
Do you have any idea how much would it cost to build a home in gulberg ,7 or 10 marla? This is difficult to do because we northners are simple people and building houses is very much complicated.

Ya ur right ,All basic facilities are available in dha or bahria ,hence the only option we've left is bahria because it gives value for money ,or at least in Pakistan :

Although I checked out the fazaia colony because i once went there as one of our family friend lives there ,All houses there are above 2 crore (The one in isb expy).
Bahria is definately good value for money ..better market value and stress free life. Many of my realtives sold their houses and went in there because its not congested like other areas in rawalpidi where you get stuck in traffics for hours
Cost of buidling house is roughly between 50 to 70 lakhs depend on what material you use and whether single storey or double so building house cost same no matter where you build so building at good location is good for future

are you sure?
1 kanal residential plot in Islamabad under 70 lakhs?

yes I am sure ..:agree:

Chaklala Scheme would be a suitable place. Air port and Rawalpindi Saddar all in reach by just 10 minutes of drive.

Are there any Askari Housing Societies in rwp/isl ? Cause they are really good option for a stopgap. If you think that you will be a much richer man 20 years from now and will buy a better house then, then askari is very good till that time arises.

Chaklala Scheme would be a suitable place. Air port and Rawalpindi Saddar all in reach by just 10 minutes of drive.
Chaklala scheme has a water problem

Bahria is definately good value for money ..better market value and stress free life. Many of my realtives sold their houses and went in there because its not congested like other areas in rawalpidi where you get stuck in traffics for hours
Cost of buidling house is roughly between 50 to 70 lakhs depend on what material you use and whether single storey or double so building house cost same no matter where you build so building at good location is good for future
Bahria is great but the highway road is always crammed by trucks.

Hi Guys.
Long story cut short.
I may not provide the best answer but I suggest you stay away from D sector it's completely isolated.
Bahria town is cleaner than any area of rwp and it has the least load shedding.

Are there any Askari Housing Societies in rwp/isl ? Cause they are really good option for a stopgap. If you think that you will be a much richer man 20 years from now and will buy a better house then, then askari is very good till that time arises.

I belong from a long line-up of family bureaucrats ,Very average Middle class,I also plan to become a BPS-17 officer ,Its easy life with better pay than a 2nd lieutenant or captain after maximum increase but army life tends to give you plots and office cars quite early ,I don't see that happening till Grade 18 for a car or even 20 in some cases.
Askari last I checked is only for serving or retired military personnel.

I may not provide the best answer but I suggest you stay away from D sector it's completely isolated.
Bahria town is cleaner than any area of rwp and it has the least load shedding.

Not much choices except BT.
I never thought our country was in such a bad shape when my father was in service :o People are battling for their survival ,it reminds me of TV serial the walking dead ,Kind of sucks seeing our population explosion which is collapsing all known infrastructure.
Its like a blackfriday meega sale in a Mall store when it comes to buying Good houses in Pakistan lol

Go for Zone II.

And if you were given an opportunity for D sector well you should have opted it. I believe if it was from Housing foundation, it would have been on installments. D sector in future would be VIP area.

Chaklala scheme has a water problem
Most of Islamabad has a water problem :D

And if you were given an opportunity for D sector well you should have opted it. I believe if it was from Housing foundation, it would have been on installments. D sector in future would be VIP area.
I saw some really neat housing societies near ALipur goan he should pay them a visit they look nice i am not sure about the water situation in those societies though

Bahria is great but the highway road is always crammed by trucks.
Bahria is so far away from main Islamabad city it would be better if he moved to G-9 or I-10 atleast its Islamabad proper but that would stretch his budget maybe he should checkout G-13 i am not completely sure about land price of that sector but its lower than what we have here

Honestly Bahria in pindi stand out from others.

I never thought our country was in such a bad shape when my father was in service :o People are battling for their survival ,it reminds me of TV serial the walking dead ,Kind of sucks seeing our population explosion which is collapsing all known infrastructure.
Its like a blackfriday meega sale in a Mall store when it comes to buying Good houses in Pakistan lol

I'm not sure if it's population explosion or people migrating to cities in large numbers. Especially in ISB-Pindi, Lahore and Karachi. I hope it's migration and not population explosion, finger crossed. Pakistan desperately need to increase tax-to-GDP ratio to take care of cities expanding at rapid rate.

Most of Islamabad has a water problem :D

I saw some really neat housing societies near ALipur goan he should pay them a visit they look nice i am not sure about the water situation in those societies though

Bahria is so far away from main Islamabad city it would be better if he moved to G-9 or I-10 atleast its Islamabad proper but that would stretch his budget maybe he should checkout G-13 i am not completely sure about land price of that sector but its lower than what we have here
I-8 and F sectors don't have a water problem AFAIK.
I-10 is congested but its almost between rwp and isb so it's a good choice.
G sectors are also far away.

I belong from a long line-up of family bureaucrats ,Very average Middle class,I also plan to become a BPS-17 officer ,Its easy life with better pay than a 2nd lieutenant or captain after maximum increase but army life tends to give you plots and office cars quite early ,I don't see that happening till Grade 18 for a car or even 20 in some cases.
Askari last I checked is only for serving or retired military personnel.

There is still hope in buying good houses or land but no hope when it comes to cars.:(

:disagree: Post metro I-8 has a water problem and a really bad one but F sector is free from water problem
G sectors are most affected sector of water crisis
http://nation.com.pk/islamabad/26-Dec-2016/islamabad-faces-water-shortage
G sectors are also far away.
Not really G sectors are the heart of Islamabad :D

Pakistan desperately need to increase tax-to-GDP ratio to take care of cities expanding at rapid rate.
And by direct taxation not indirect anti poor taxation

Back
Top Bottom