What's new

Which of the following Arab countries has the strongest military?

Which of the following Arab countries has the strongest military?

• Total voters
None of these countries have any significant war experience except Iraq and Syria, both suffered a crushing defeat against Iran and Israel respectively.

syria seems to have strong army... holding on after years of civil war is not easy. They might not have latest hardware but surely better motivated than Iraqi army.

If there was no Russian help, Syrian army would not exist till now..

Particularly Hisbullah and Iranian. I think we all know that several years ago (before ISIS emergence), FSA and Islamist group advances rapidly in Syria in a time where Egypt was still in democracy and also in Muslim Brotherhood hand, both fact will enhance the moral of Arab Spring and Islamist follower to make a quick war in Syria, the war situation then changes after Hisbullah comes.

Last edited:
Particularly Hisbullah and Iranian. I think we all know that several years ago (before ISIS emergence), FSA and Islamist group advances rapidly in Syria in a time where Egypt was still in democracy and also in Muslim Brotherhood hand, both fact will enhance the moral of Arab Spring and Islamist follower to make a quick war in Syria, the war situation then changes after Hisbullah comes.

Hazbullah and Iranian were unable to do shit until Russia join the war officially..

Yeah but my point was that Iraqi Army should have fixed its issues and have recaptured the lost areas so despite being a 800,000-men army, it is a failure.
By the way, you are right...USA can't digest that Zarb-e-Azb has been extremely successful and we eliminated all their assets and that's why they attack Mullah Mansour in Pakistan so that the taliban hate Pakistan and attack it. But their plan will rub its nose in the dust and if something is going to get worse..it is for uncle sam himself.

800.000 this guy just said.

This thread question is not specific enough to receive useful answers, better off asking which country has the best infantry for example.

syria seems to have strong army... holding on after years of civil war is not easy. They might not have latest hardware but surely better motivated than Iraqi army.
Not true the Iraqis could eliminate the isis and their kind in few weeks except the Iraqi army hand cuffed by many factors that why we now have the PMF these people also hand cuffed but not to the limit of the army and as you can see these brave men took the city of tekreet from isis in one week without destroying the city.

The PMF is our answer to our enemies whoever they are.

I'm excluding Egypt and Saudi Arabia from the list in order to make this more interesting

Why do you exclude the two big losers? Has Egypt or the KSA won any war? Having a lot of ustensiles in the kitchen doesn't make you a good cook. Otherwise, I agree with you that best Arab army is the UAE. Their only hiccup is their small population.

Algeria has a decent airforce and navy, half a million active military personnel backed up by a large population (compared to the other nations on the list), and is rich in oil and gas resources. So for me its Algeria, no doubt.
That's the only army in the Arab league that can win and can bring war to an eventual ennemi.

None because the arabs known to be traiters and backstabbers every monarchy tried to build strong army a coup happened against them

The arabs doesn't know what military is they just have some thugs that they call it military while they are just slaves and mercenaries

This, topic should just end here. Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Algeria are semi-military/semi-regime influenced armies. The rest however have no interest in developing useful army, or competent military. To be fair to some of them, they are countries far from hot zone of ME and live in peace for long periods, so we shouldn't expect some nations to have high military ambitions, like Oman or Qatar, etc....

Syria, Iraq, SA, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon all need strong militaries, however.

If there was no Russian help, Syrian army would not exist till now..
And who wouldn't have. She has been attacked by the GCC, NATO, Turkey,The US and swarms of their respectives mercenaries . So far after 4 years, the Syrian army is still holding and with presence of the Russian, Iranian volunteers and Hazbollah those invaders have a bleak future in Syria

And who wouldn't have. She has been attacked by the GCC, NATO, Turkey,The US and swarms of their respectives mercenaries . So far after 4 years, the Syrian army is still holding and with presence of the Russian, Iranian volunteers and Hazbollah those invaders have a bleak future in Syria

Assad forces were in very bad shape before Russia joined him with bombing campaign last year.. and i agree he have big enemies against him.. no doubt about that..

On topic my choice is Algeria..

Why do you exclude the two big losers? Has Egypt or the KSA won any war? Having a lot of ustensiles in the kitchen doesn't make you a good cook. Otherwise, I agree with you that best Arab army is the UAE. Their only hiccup is their small population.

That's the only army in the Arab league that can win and can bring war to an eventual ennemi.
I excluded Egypt and Saudi Arabia from the poll because I was under the impression that most members would vote for them by virtue of the military equipment in their possession. It would've invariably made this debate very boring very quickly, if you know what I mean.

This, topic should just end here. Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Algeria are semi-military/semi-regime influenced armies. The rest however have no interest in developing useful army, or competent military. To be fair to some of them, they are countries far from hot zone of ME and live in peace for long periods, so we shouldn't expect some nations to have high military ambitions, like Oman or Qatar, etc....

Syria, Iraq, SA, Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon all need strong militaries, however.
I agree that Jordan needs to have a strong military, but I doubt Israel would allow that.

So far algeria is the one I choose, but if we consider the Iraqi PM forces an army of a nation then the PM forces my choice beside Algeria no doubt.

The good things about the Iraqi BM forces are determination and battle hardened fighters also experience.

i voted syria cause they are battle hardened , if they indeed manage to finish this ISIS - obama affair , and start a war with the zionist regime , it will be quick and swift , of course because iran would help them

What do the PDF members think of the Kuwaiti military? Is it a competent military? :-)

Back
Top Bottom