What's new

Which country has the best food?

for my taste and appetite south asian spicy food is miles apart other food, i am living abroad and i have tasted all the food including chinese, western, middle eastern etc

I saw this stupid vid on you tube, thought i would share it .

Is it just me or did i just find ever thing in the vid looked delicious:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst food - Afhgan, Iranian and Middle Eastern.

Best food - Mediterranean countries' food

My favourites in no particular order:

French (Alsace/ Lorraine/ Provence)
Italian (Sizilia/ Napoli/ Toscana)
Chinese (Cantonese/ Sichuan)
Japanese
Korean
Vietnamese (just had them today: Banh Canh and Bun Bo)
Thai
Indian
Spanish (Andalusia/ Valencia/ Catalonia)
Mexican
Austrian
Singapore

Worst food - Afhgan, Iranian and Middle Eastern.

Best food - Mediterranean countries' food

May be you haven't tried that food. Afghan/Iranian/Middle Eastern food is similar to Western Pakistani food & i've eat it in Pakistan a lot of times...it's soo delicious yummy & mouth watering.

Any food not sour is good delicious food...:cheers:

I've eaten this rice in Pakistan, my friend(back in Pakistan) was ethnic Persian & his mom use to cook this kind of rice with kishmish & almonds...aah i miss those good old days.:cry:

Rice was invented by Iranians not indians. all indians know is how to steal other peoples culture india is a complete joke there whole culture is based of Persian:omghaha:

Götterdämmerung;4800707 said:
My favourites in no particular order:

French (Alsace/ Lorraine/ Provence)
Italian (Sizilia/ Napoli/ Toscana)
Chinese (Cantonese/ Sichuan)
Japanese
Korean
Vietnamese (just had them today: Banh Canh and Bun Bo)
Thai
Indian
Spanish (Andalusia/ Valencia/ Catalonia)
Mexican
Austrian
Singapore

You forget Turkish food in there...

best thread in here!
my favorites - indo-pak/ Persian. Also try this dish- kabsa rice(don't know the origin). The flavors are strong and varied.
Mexican is awesome. Italian, and Chinese come third.
I am going to try that Thai curry mentioned above- sounds delicious.
American fast food is good- not exceptional.
time to start travelling:-)

Ultimate comfort food is Chinese - Szechuan, Cantonese and all the other localised "Chinese" food world wide

Love Japanese - The Maki's, Don Buri and the amazing Ramen they make in small eateries in Japan that pork is to die for

Texan BBQ's.. No thing beats a Tex BBQ ribs as grills go

Street food in South East Asia, Foodie paradise - From Massalman curries in Bangkok to, Nasi Goreng in Jakarta and Nasi lemak and duck rice in Singapore

Korean - Kimchi to various BBQ's meats

Hyderabadi Biryani

And finally not the least home cooked Lankan food.. Love my Lampreis and Wattalappam, Chicken curry, Pol sambal and black pol pork.. Yumm

Best: desi food
Worst: Easter Fish Eater (also known as bongloston) cusine

Honestly, Pakistani food: It has the best of the meat-centric dishes from the regions west of Pakistan (middle east, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan etc) while incorporating the spice-heaviness of Indian dishes.

Not saying the others in the lists above are not very good either--living in America has given me plenty of options from them. But, given a choice, I'd pick a $1 chicken tikka from a street vendor of Karachi any day over the best steak or lobster dishes in the world.

Heck, even my American wife--grown on the bland American food all her life, now can't resist cooking dishes like Chicken KaRahi or Kofte--and even a very imperfect job is still wonderful. Such is the power of spices on meats and veggies!

Now...not to offend anyone but the most bland foods are what I call 'hospital food': Boiled greens, tasteless pastas, unflavored turkey wraps... And I see people here eat such food on daily basis. Sad sights. But 'Forgive them Lord because they know no better' :)

etwheaderdark1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom