What's new

Which Aircraft Will Replace the Mirage 5PA3 in the Naval Aviation for PAK Navy

We shouldnt depend only on one aircraft (JF-17)....we need more options...

Pal, sorry to rain on your parade , but your entire post is full of speculation

The Sniper Pod i.e AN/AAQ-33 (Advance targeting Pod) is an American product that is built for specific for American frames (eg. F16s) and so far has been tested on nato frames too. There is NO way a third party can be given, to put it on a chinese frame , even without the chinese. You are confusing this with another Targeting Pod, go check. Speculation here is which and when??

One thing that Pakistan has done well is innovate. Not sure if you've heard of the phased out F-6 aircraft (Chinese MiG-19). Pakistan Air Force put 140 modifications on it including improved Radar, Sidewinder Missiles, etc...

The Naval aviation wing do not have any Mirages to begin with so nothing is or can be replacing them.

Edit: Lolz, Just saw that sir Fatman have identified this too. :)

40+ JF-17 Block-II have already been ordered by PNAF.
Additional 40+ JF-17 Block-III might be order after 2020.

Yes last reports were that the Qataris wanted the French to buy-back the Mirages for their new Rafale purchase. Bought and delivered in the late 1990's.

As for the UAE, they're in a similar situation, but haven't quite bought the Rafale. But their heavy involvement in the Yemeni conflict crosses out any replacement of the 67 jets they are trained and have familiarity with.

This is Quwa's most recent article:
http://quwa.org/2016/07/27/pakistan-talks-qatari-mirage-2000-5s-not-likely/
Qatar has 18 mirage 2000s
It is too small a number

The current blocks dont stack against the upgraded MIG-29K/UPG's
JF-17 already started to replace Mirages

Mohammed We have just signed for Rafale & Tejas MK1A and signed MOU for FGFA
SO INDIA is plenty busy

PS why cant I participate in thread please
can we interfere Indian defense section:hitwall:

F16 & MIG29 have superior technology than thunders

Thunder has no HMD or off boresight/HMS combo for WVR combat

Both Mig29/F16 have superior TWR load and range

MIG29k have digital full quadruplex fbw

The MIG29/F16 have evolved from base line fighters to these super fighters WHERE AS thunder is just a baseline fighter at present .

bring up to scratch you will need huge investment and help from china and this ill take time and money
we don't want your suggestion go to indian defense sections, thank you

U need to add passive sensors (IRST ) ECCM , Jammers, Radar range longer - first detection (how many it can track and how many it can lock on), data link with both air and sea asset so Command & control is better, larger payload (for eg. it can carry more missiles and with buddy refueling the need for carrying refuel tanks can be reduce)

Forgot to add HDMS on the Mig29K, better situation awareness and excellent in close combat
it is not your problems please go to indan defense section thank you

Already purhased snipper pods
snipper is for F-16 not for Jf-17

Data link only with air assets (sea assets??) Snipper pod is american only for the F16s u have, can't just put them on JF17 without the americans or the chinese. (maybe another one??)

IRST is a still long way (2018??) JF17 is an all metal bird though small isn't invisible to radar
HMDs Negotiation?? (which one??)
Can't comment on the Radar here, does it have air to sea (surface) modes? how is it?
you knows JF-17 better than us:hitwall::crazy: it is multi-role fighter all your assumptions for blk-3 is wrong, i think it either Chinese or south african but and your MIG-29 is not ALL METAL:p: but comparatively small RCS

You can disagree mate, Your choice.
I flew in the PN air arm for 11 years, so I know better I guess.
then you might be in Faisal base not in the masroor base where anti ship Mirages is placed

100, J11 would do
Not possible sir because they unlicensed copy of Russian Su27

Background
Currently The Navy's Naval Air Arm operates the MiragePA3 for ASW roles. These aircraft are old and are costing more and more to keep operational. And the need for a replacement is becoming more in need considering India is soon to upgrade its Naval Fighter Aircraft, the MIG-29UPG/K's.

So what are the Options?
Not much. The navy spent most of its cash on 8 AIP Submarines which costed us a draw dropping 5 Billion Dollars. So we don't have a lot of cash in the bank. Luckily only 40 aircraft should be good, 2 squadrons. 1 based in Gwadar and the other in Karachi.

JF-17
Here is our only real option. A JF-17 variant for the navy that is fitted for ASW roles. Good thing is the JF-17 can already carry a wide array of weaponry including the CM-400AKG anti-ship missile. Though the Trade off isn't the best. The JF-17 block 2 currently is inferior in most aspects compared to the MIG-29K. Probably similar to the initial MIG-29's that rolled out in the 80-90's. Hopefully the Block 3 can actually be current with the worlds top 4.5+ gen fighters. Because as of now we will be blasted out of the sky against MIG-29UPG's and Rafale's.
Pakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BJF-17%2Bfighter%2Bwith%2BCM-400AKG%2Bsupersonic%2Bground%2Bmissiles%2B1.jpg
Just a quick point mate, the MiG-29K is the naval version of the MiG-29, specifically derived from the MiG-29M, the MiG-29UPG is an upgraded version of the MiG-29B of the IAF, it is not a carrier fighter.

I CAN SEE some PDF posters getting rather agitated I will vacate the thread for now

Good luck with your new J11/J16 /JF17 fr your navy looking forwardto their induction
Hey dont get disappointed by enthusiasts, but its always nice to have someone viewing the situation realistically. Thunder needs a lot of evolving before it can compete with the llikes of Migs and Falcons, but one can only hope PAF is able to take it there since PAF is in dire need of technological strength to gain back its superiority in quality.

An old turbojet based a/c like mirage etc where. The engine is only fuel efficient at very high mach and altitude vs turbofan based jf which is fuel efficient at majority of flight profile means range wise it will be better than mirage even though mirage may carry larger drop tanks 1300 liter vs jf 1100

Back
Top Bottom