What's new

Which Aircraft Will Replace the Mirage 5PA3 in the Naval Aviation for PAK Navy

4 dedicated Sqds of naval fighters

2 thunders

2 Flankers J11/J15

That's 70+ Planes for your Navy

It would be quatum leap in capability

NOT SURE COST but I would imagne not much change from $3 billion dollars.

TO put this into perspective your cash starved PAF FAILED to find 800 million dollars to buy 8 BLOCK 52s recently.

SO ON PAPER it looks fine BUT actually finding the means to deliver this is VERY DIFFERENT

4 dedicated Sqds of naval fighters

2 thunders

2 Flankers J11/J15

That's 70+ Planes for your Navy

It would be quatum leap in capability

NOT SURE COST but I would imagne not much change from $3 billion dollars.

TO put this into perspective your cash starved PAF FAILED to find 800 million dollars to buy 8 BLOCK 52s recently.

SO ON PAPER it looks fine BUT actually finding the means to deliver this is VERY DIFFERENT

we didn't ask your suggestions and comments on it please go to Indian thread and think about your own airforce which required many aircraft IAF left only with 33 squads whereas it requirement is 43

Mohammed We have just signed for Rafale & Tejas MK1A and signed MOU for FGFA
SO INDIA is plenty busy

PS why cant I participate in thread please

I dont thik that jf17 is inferrior to mig 29 ... Its radar and avionics are good ... For air to air combat sd 10 is much capable ... Why do u think that jf17 is inferrior ? It is far superrior to mirrages infact jf17 is already replacing mirrages
Exactly... F16 Mirage Mi29 are old fighters. But our jf17 is new and we keep upgrading to maximum as possible. So we must keep buying jf17 and hit Indian navy.

Please look listen to the indian Naval pilot on why the MIG29K is such a lethal platform.

Then ask is your Thunder defeating this beast

LOL beast who? Mig 29 are old my friend. Go no one asking you to flash Ur toys... Try with our f16 and Jf17

F16 & MIG29 have superior technology than thunders

Thunder has no HMD or off boresight/HMS combo for WVR combat

Both Mig29/F16 have superior TWR load and range

MIG29k have digital full quadruplex fbw

The MIG29/F16 have evolved from base line fighters to these super fighters WHERE AS thunder is just a baseline fighter at present .

bring up to scratch you will need huge investment and help from china and this ill take time and money

we didn't ask your suggestions and comments on it please go to Indian thread and think about your own airforce which required many aircraft IAF left only with 33 squads whereas it requirement is 43
There is a difference between Requirement and Sanctioned!... 43 is sanctioned , its up to the IAF to decide how many will be needed + this 43 was given like 10 year back
Exactly... F16 Mirage Mi29 are old fighters. But our jf17 is new and we keep upgrading to maximum as possible. So we must keep buying jf17 and hit Indian navy.

LOL beast who? Mig 29 are old my friend. Go no one asking you to flash Ur toys... Try with our f16 and Jf17
Pal ... Pls read on the MiG29"K" before commenting ... your lack of knowledge is showing again!

I CAN SEE some PDF posters getting rather agitated I will vacate the thread for now

Good luck with your new J11/J16 /JF17 fr your navy looking forwardto their induction

There is a difference between Requirement and Sanctioned!... 43 is sanctioned , its up to the IAF to decide how many will be needed + this 43 was given like 10 year back

Pal ... Pls read on the MiG29"K" before commenting ... your lack of knowledge is showing again!

IAF required what? 40+ still have 33

The current blocks dont stack against the upgraded MIG-29K/UPG's
On which basis ... Kindly give a comparison of existing capabilities of mig 29 vs jf17 ... Except for range and payload where is the disadvantage ... Speeds come into accojnt only when shoot and scoot is required which cannot be done in open seas ... Where else the advantage ?

IAF required what? 40+ still have 33

New Su30Mki be added will bring final no. to 272 + Upgrade Mig29 ,Mirages 2000 and Jags - all multi-role (except the last one) now adding Tejas and soon the Rafale. Possibility to reach 43 maybe close (wait and see) but not required as the IAF has frames that can be swing role . Still, it finally it down to the "depends" on the situation, the planning, and tactics that will be used.

F16 & MIG29 have superior technology than thunders

Thunder has no HMD or off boresight/HMS combo for WVR combat

Both Mig29/F16 have superior TWR load and range

MIG29k have digital full quadruplex fbw

The MIG29/F16 have evolved from base
I CAN SEE some PDF posters getting rather agitated I will vacate the thread for now

Good luck with your new J11/J16 /JF17 fr your navy looking forwardto their induction

This is not about fency stuff .. Its more about fighting capability so kindly compare avionics and wepon package ... Countermeasures ... Rcs...
Just only advantage is range

On which basis ... Kindly give a comparison of existing capabilities of mig 29 vs jf17 ... Except for range and payload where is the disadvantage ... Speeds come into accojnt only when shoot and scoot is required which cannot be done in open seas ... Where else the advantage ?
U need to add passive sensors (IRST ) ECCM , Jammers, Radar range longer - first detection (how many it can track and how many it can lock on), data link with both air and sea asset so Command & control is better, larger payload (for eg. it can carry more missiles and with buddy refueling the need for carrying refuel tanks can be reduce)

Forgot to add HDMS on the Mig29K, better situation awareness and excellent in close combat

Last edited:
Jf17 as Naval air arm for coastal defence is a good prospect but the problem is the limited range and sea capability. Can jf17 face off better in sea defence with its limited range as Pak has no aircraft carrier and no airbases in sea to land and fly away...and air refueling option is limited with only a bunch of Air Refuellers to serve whole Pakistan air skies + enemy skies. Pak needs 40 4.5Gen jet for effective range like heavies....su35, mirage2000s, EFs, F18s etc

U need to add passive sensors (IRST ) ECCM , Jammers, Radar range longer - first detection (how many it can track and how many it can lock on), data link with both air and sea asset so Command & control is better, larger payload (for eg. it can carry more missiles and with buddy refueling the need for carrying refuel tanks can be reduce)

Jf17 also has data link ... Irst is in process of induction in blk 3 ... Already purhased snipper pods ...hmd is already in negotiations... Radar range of klj7 is nit bad ... Small size of jf17 wil give it advantage ...

JF-17s will be used in Anti Ship role. Their range and payload will be increased with the passage of time. Base Commander Masroor already disclosed some information on 6th September. JF-17s are sharing the burden of mirages which they will solely shift the role towards them when Mirages will be retired.

JF-17 and its weapons package collectively providing a new capability to Pakistan in North Arabian Ocean. Now whole North Arabian Ocean is in our reach.

North Arabian Ocean -- :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian_Sea

Back
Top Bottom