What's new

Which air defense system should Turkey go for?

Which air defense system should Turkey finally go for?

• Total voters
I dont know,
There is no urgent need,will be another delay.

I voted for "Go with FD-2000"

The argument is simple: Go with the defense system that will come with most effective and complete transfer of technology, and will help local Turkish defence industry the most.

If U.S patriot or European systems come with the above mentioned things, then choose them. Otherwise, choose Chinese FD-2000.

Ultimate goal of Turkey should be to become 100% independent in military production including production of high-tech radars, air defense SAMs and what not.

ToT from China will help in this regard!

Delayed again.... :agree: (delayed for 4 months)

Füze ihalesinde flaş gelişme
Savunma Sanayi Müsteşarlığı (SSM), uzun menzilli füze ihalesinde Çin ile başlatılan görüşmelerin sürdüğünü, sürecin dışında kalmak istemeyen firmalardan da tekliflerini 31 Aralık'a kadar uzatmalarının istendiğini açıkladı.

Füze ihalesinde flaş gelişme - Milliyet Haber

Well I voted for another delay, such systems should not be purchased in a hurry. With no perceivable threat, and NATO providing air defense, delay.

Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı

Well I voted for another delay, such systems should not be purchased in a hurry. With no perceivable threat, and NATO providing air defense, delay.

This made me think negotiations is going in it's way... Otherwise negotiations would be cancelled... As you say this is a very detailed so a long process...

China could easily insert a trojan, I personally don't trust China for such complex systems. They could however provide tech to develop missile, like US and Israel or Russia and S.Korea.

I think It is a signal for Hisar-U but Why does SSM negotiate with other institutes ?

But why they say this >>>

Bu gibi görüşmelerin mevcut Uzun Menzilli Bölge Hava ve Füze Savunma Sistemi Projesi ile doğrudan ilişkilendirilmemesi hususunu da kamuoyu ile paylaşmak isteriz.

Maybe the red part is the key word about HİSAR-U...

Maybe this is for leading up ASELSAN ROKETSAN HİSAR-U project step by step... Who knows... :coffee:

I voted for "Go with FD-2000"

The argument is simple: Go with the defense system that will come with most effective and complete transfer of technology, and will help local Turkish defence industry the most.

If U.S patriot or European systems come with the above mentioned things, then choose them. Otherwise, choose Chinese FD-2000.

Ultimate goal of Turkey should be to become 100% independent in military production including production of high-tech radars, air defense SAMs and what not.

ToT from China will help in this regard!
yes, ToT will help, but Nato (read US) pressured and threatened Turkey. If the US and its allies sanction and/or avoid business with Turkish companies, it could harm us more than that ToT is worth. Our engineers have confidence in own indigenous system, so my opinion is to go with the indigenous system option and buy patriots or eurosam only if we really need a quick short term solution. Other than that, i agree that Turkey must develop quickly so that no country can blackmail Turkey for their own gain.

BTW result can be announced before 31 December because...

ssm.JPG

i voted for FD2000 , since i thought negotiations have brought a result but this delay might be sign of positive feedbacks from other offers in the favor of turkey .
Somehow chinese system is dangerous one with lots of reason; security ,not intergration to NATO and possible sanctions ,but still it was looking as the best offer with ToT and co production, also possible integration of indigenous parts. Whereas, now seems like other offers have reached a level with negotiations to be an option for China's offer.

Decision of SSM seems to be solid , going on with a foreigner partner , possible integration of indigenous parts , co production and receiving ToT with experience , to develop an indigenous system parallel to this pathway until 2020s ,gaining fully operation of turkish system until 2023s and integration to TF-2000 AAW FFG

yes, ToT will help, but Nato (read US) pressured and threatened Turkey. If the US and its allies sanction and/or avoid business with Turkish companies, it could harm us more than that ToT is worth. Our engineers have confidence in own indigenous system, so my opinion is to go with the indigenous system option and buy patriots or eurosam only if we really need a quick short term solution. Other than that, i agree that Turkey must develop quickly so that no country can blackmail Turkey for their own gain.

If you "allies" are threatening you to sanctions just on the purchase of this system, then Turkey is in biggg trouble.

I am sure U.S wont sanction Turkey just b/c of this.

If you "allies" are threatening you to sanctions just on the purchase of this system, then Turkey is in biggg trouble.

I am sure U.S wont sanction Turkey just b/c of this.
the sanctions mentioned ,wont be like sanction to not sell weapons,just they would end partnership with companies which gone into relationship with Chinese company ,which is in blacklist .
There was some solutions like a buffer joint company to go on with chinese company,to avoid sanctions on Roketsan and Aselsan , but i dont think Western countries will get this bat .
So as a result ;
-may end their existing cooperation, partnership with those companies
-may not accept those companies to tenders in future, or even accepted to join tender,wont be elected.

China is from the other camp. Buying defence system from them just doesn't make sense and will never happen. Just like I said a year ago when some Chinese and Pakistani were chearing for this.

Our priority should be make our own platform. We should make the best choice so we have to negotiate with all parties. True, but that doesn't mean every negotiation is a serious negotiation. Even Chinese government said we were using them to push down the prices of the other companies.

Back
Top Bottom