What's new

Whether India invites me or not, I will visit India. Nawaz Sharif

Excellent observation. Friendly ties with India are imperative to establish civilian supremacy in Pakistan.

Well, that I suppose Mian Sahab understands better than you or I.

of course civilian suprmeacy in necessary for unlimited loot plunder and rape .....no limits can be tolerated

but NS is moving too fast. Last experience shows every such enthusiasm ended in disaster. Go slow and steady and do one thing at a time.
And be less emo, difficult for punjabi, but he should mean only business.

In this case, NS has little choice. Paksitan is on a rapid economic decline, if he doesn't do something fast, then Pakistan's economy may collapse entirely.

The fact that Pakistan's stock market experienced a surge when NS was declared the winner shows that he at least has the experience to fix Pakistan.

The reason why he was kicked out before was because he kept on pissing off the military. He needs to stop trying to pick a fight with the PA and instead try and use other methods to force the PA to come into full civilian rule, and the best way that he realizes to do that (and I agree with him on this) is to improve trade relations with India. The PA wouldn't dare do anything if it meant that the economy would suffer, especially if India blocks off the trade routes with Pakistan in the event a military coup taking place in Pakistan.

India would also benefit from this, as it would have another large market to sell it's products and improve relations with a neighbor whom it has experienced hostilities with.

I'm telling you, whoever in India's government oversees this progress of relations between Pakistan and India will get a huge boost in popularity in India.

Who knows, it might even open up possibilities to reopen talks about J&K in a more positive atmosphere, because if talks break down, at least both nations won't say something dumb to jeopardize trade relations.

afterall Pakistan was part of india until 1947 !!!

he want to come in india but y ???

During his previous tenure in office, relations between Pakistan and India were at an all time high and trade relations were improving, unfortunately the military ruined everything (mostly because NS picked a fight with them). NS wants to resume relations between India and Pakistan and this time not only will the military not do anything to him, such actions will help Pakistan's economy recover. He knows this, and he also realizes that doing so will put the military under civilian rule completely.

Bada Besharam Banda Hai Nawaaz vi ...:laughcry:

Anyway he is most welcome ..:yay:

In this case, NS has little choice. Paksitan is on a rapid economic decline, if he doesn't do something fast, then Pakistan's economy may collapse entirely.

The fact that Pakistan's stock market experienced a surge when NS was declared the winner shows that he at least has the experience to fix Pakistan.

The reason why he was kicked out before was because he kept on pissing off the military. He needs to stop trying to pick a fight with the PA and instead try and use other methods to force the PA to come into full civilian rule, and the best way that he realizes to do that (and I agree with him on this) is to improve trade relations with India. The PA wouldn't dare do anything if it meant that the economy would suffer, especially if India blocks off the trade routes with Pakistan in the event a military coup taking place in Pakistan.

India would also benefit from this, as it would have another large market to sell it's products and improve relations with a neighbor whom it has experienced hostilities with.

I'm telling you, whoever in India's government oversees this progress of relations between Pakistan and India will get a huge boost in popularity in India.

Who knows, it might even open up possibilities to reopen talks about J&K in a more positive atmosphere, because if talks break down, at least both nations won't say something dumb to jeopardize trade relations.

During his previous tenure in office, relations between Pakistan and India were at an all time high and trade relations were improving, unfortunately the military ruined everything (mostly because NS picked a fight with them). NS wants to resume relations between India and Pakistan and this time not only will the military not do anything to him, such actions will help Pakistan's economy recover. He knows this, and he also realizes that doing so will put the military under civilian rule completely.
I understand about trade relationship. Both sides want more trade.
I just want him to keep the rhetoric of friendship down, and get down to business. He is a businessman and he knows trade is good for both country (and him as well :) )
By keeping it low key he will ensure army/ISI is not threatened or other jhadi groups does not sabotage the progress.
Would you rather have another mumbai or another coup or slow and stead progress?

india wasnt a country UNTIL 1947; the relevance here is NILL anyways so i wont waste time dignifying some earlier garble with more than a quick answer..

Re: this "invited or un-invited trip to bharat"

ask HIM why, and ask those who yapped about "new names and faces" but voted in somebody who served two terms - and failed to deliver on both

a democratic election (to the best of Pakistan's ability) took place with 80 million voters registered and a 60% turnout

we have issues at home, we have a potentially booming economy to re-vive after years of neglect and nepotism; we have security-related issues along an increasingly volatile border with a country whose govt will inevitably fall

and here he is talking about his first trip to a country that has engaged in media trials, smear campaigns, a country whose trigger happy forces mutiliate Kashmiri Muslims and imprisons them unjustly, a country whose armed services just months ago openeed fire on our positions @ Hajji Pir and other sectors; a country that provided (literally weeks ago) a state-dignified burial for a convicted terrorist -- a terrorist who bombed and incinerated 15 Pakistani citizens in Lahore -- which incidentally belongs to a constituency in which PML-N holds fairly good grounds of influence

the treachery, the locustry, the absolute disgusting nature of this all can only be ignored by the sorry azzholes on this forum who would probably never blink an eye when our soldiers are being killed or our national integrity being disrespected

I congratulate those who voted and regardless of your political views - we are all Pakistanis first.

But the locustry, the treachery will not be forgotten.

I understand about trade relationship. Both sides want more trade.
I just want him to keep the rhetoric of friendship down, and get down to business. He is a businessman and he knows trade is good for both country (and him as well :) )
By keeping it low key he will ensure army/ISI is not threatened or other jhadi groups does not sabotage the progress.
Would you rather have another mumbai or another coup or slow and stead progress?

None of those will happen anymore. The ISI and military are too bogged down dealing with the TTP that they don't have any will to question Sharif. They would face an immediate backlash from ALL parties, if they did.

Publicly and loudly stating that Pakistan wants good relations with India are exactly what is needed to counter any sort of sabotage effort by any group. The previous times when Pakistan and India have tried to talk, they've all be low key and it has always come back to bite Pakistan, because the Indian side has always made it seem like Pakistan doesn't want good relations. By stating it loudly, Pakistan can push for better relations with India, and leave no room for saboteurs and, the Indian media and Indian opposition groups, for them to say that Pakistan doesn't want good relations. This way the Pakistani side can say that they have been calling for peace with India and have ample evidence. This would give more room to the Indian government to continue negotiating with Pakistan, and pass of any incident as a way of extremists sabotaging talks between the two sides. The Indian government wouldn't have to bow to opposition groups calling for end to talks, because they can say that Pakistan is genuinely trying and "certain elements" are trying to stop India and Pakistan from continuing forward.

india wasnt a country UNTIL 1947; the relevance here is NILL anyways so i wont waste time dignifying some earlier garble with more than a quick answer..

Re: this "invited or un-invited trip to bharat"

ask HIM why, and ask those who yapped about "new names and faces" but voted in somebody who served two terms - and failed to deliver on both

a democratic election (to the best of Pakistan's ability) took place with 80 million voters registered and a 60% turnout

we have issues at home, we have a potentially booming economy to re-vive after years of neglect and nepotism; we have security-related issues along an increasingly volatile border with a country whose govt will inevitably fall

and here he is talking about his first trip to a country that has engaged in media trials, smear campaigns, a country whose trigger happy forces mutiliate Kashmiri Muslims and imprisons them unjustly, a country whose armed services just months ago openeed fire on our positions @ Hajji Pir and other sectors; a country that provided (literally weeks ago) a state-dignified burial for a convicted terrorist -- a terrorist who bombed and incinerated 15 Pakistani citizens in Lahore -- which incidentally belongs to a constituency in which PML-N holds fairly good grounds of influence

the treachery, the locustry, the absolute disgusting nature of this all can only be ignored by the sorry azzholes on this forum who would probably never blink an eye when our soldiers are being killed or our national integrity being disrespected

I congratulate those who voted and regardless of your political views - we are all Pakistanis first.

But the locustry, the treachery will not be forgotten.

In the end, it is all politics.

You forget that Pakistan is in no position to refuse India, and the reason why Nawaz Sharif wants better relations with India have more to do with economics rather than reconciliation. India is one of the only chances Pakistan has of improving it's economy and improving it's democratic institutions and keeping the military in check (away from coups).

India did what it thought was best, Pakistan did what it thought was best. Both sides cannot be faulted for such actions, as both sides have a responsibility to their domestic audience that they're willing to do what is necessary.

I would also like to point out that the reason why Nawaz failed to "deliver" was because his government was toppled two times, once by the president of the country, and the second time by the military. He's achieved quite a bit during his short tenures in this big chair and Pakistan's economy has tended to improve under his rule, regardless of the corruption of his party. This is why people elected him, not because he's loved by the people, but because people realize that he's not only the most experienced in statecraft in Pakistan, but his business skills can help bring Pakistan back from the brink of bankruptcy.

Don't you dare presume to know what people on this forum are thinking or doing, after all, you're no god.

It is a double edged sword for Congress. All the bonhomie will quickly backfire if (and when?) the ISI - LeT duo pull another Mumbai stunt. MMS seems to be betting heavily on Nawaz to keep the trouble makers at bay. For the sake of humanity, lets hope that Nawaz is sincere this time. :undecided:

In the end, it is all politics.

You forget that Pakistan is in no position to refuse India, and the reason why Nawaz Sharif wants better relations with India have more to do with economics rather than reconciliation. India is one of the only chances Pakistan has of improving it's economy

im all about regional integration and cooperation, but "one of the only chances"

you are kidding me right? :laugh:

and improving it's democratic institutions and keeping the military in check (away from coups)

strenghtening of democratic institutions is not contignent on our relations with that neighbour country

keeping military "in check" ???? They dont need to be "in check" because for the past 5 years alone they have shown the most political maturity....in fact, people ran to the Army to save Pakistan from a confrontation course between the Exec and the Judiciary (and that was when Mr. 10 Percent's tenure was in its infancy!)

The Army humbly asked for political maturity (behind the scenes not in public) -- and a solution was reached. The Army did not need to be "kept in check" then

so for you to say "keep the army in check" ?

Give me a break, i don't accept that.

India did what it thought was best, Pakistan did what it thought was best. Both sides cannot be faulted for such actions, as both sides have a responsibility to their domestic audience that they're willing to do what is necessary.

Exactly. We have a domestic 'audience' to tend to; and this guy on the same day after polls show he won a comfortable # seats --- he's talking about making visits to a country that ISNT EVEN OUR ALLY! I mean -- make an address first to the NATION.

An ADDRESS, not a list of promises.

I would also like to point out that the reason why Nawaz failed to "deliver" was because his government was toppled two times, once by the president of the country,

a civilian

and the second time by the military.

He ordered a serving Army Chief's CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT (one that was chock-full of civilians and so low on fuel that it was running on fumes) to be diverted to an enemy nation.

That's treachery.

He ran off to Bill Clinton because he couldnt stand a little bit of "international pressure" during what was initially a sweeping victory against enemy forces. And then to claim he didnt even know about the clandestine operation :laugh:

He dismissed himself when he did these things.

He's achieved quite a bit during his short tenures in this big chair and Pakistan's economy has tended to improve under his rule, regardless of the corruption of his party. This is why people elected him, not because he's loved by the people, but because people realize that he's not only the most experienced in statecraft in Pakistan, but his business skills can help bring Pakistan back from the brink of bankruptcy.

We were under sanctions for going nuclear. He has business savvy people in his cabinet; his brother his very talented and speaks well.

But the point is - he served 2 terms and he failed 2 times. Pakistanis voted and it appears that despite some rigging (in 3 Provinces) -- NS has won almost majority of seats.

What I say here is irrelevant on national level because my views alone don't matter against the "masses"

But if you yapped your mouthes about any major "change" but you still voted for an "old-timer" -- then kindly block me from your list b/c there's no grounds for me to talk to such people.

Don't you dare presume to know what people on this forum are thinking or doing, after all, you're no god.

80 million voters voted; 60% turnout.

A democratic process took place, and I'm glad about that.

It's the locustry, the treachery that gets me boiling. And don't go on about "Dont you dare" this or that because you don't know me.

Back
Top Bottom