What's new

Where is the cheapest place to buy citizenship?

daring dude

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By far the cheapest deal for citizenship is on the tiny Caribbean island of Dominica.

For an investment of $100,000 plus various fees, as well as an in-person interview on the island, citizenship can be bought.

"Just like you diversify an investment portfolio, you want to diversify your passport portfolio," he says. The option has proven popular with Chinese and Russian citizens, as well as those from the Middle East.

Cash-strapped countries have taken notice. In the past year alone, new programmes have been introduced in Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Malta, the Netherlands and Spain that either allow direct citizenship by investment or offer routes to citizenship for wealthy investors.

However, concerns have been raised about transparency and accountability.

In January, Viviane Reding, vice-president of the European Commission, said in a speech: "Citizenship must not be up for sale."

But for now, at least, it seems that those with money to spare are in luck, with half a dozen countries offering a direct citizenship-by-investment route with no residency requirements.
It is a cliche used from Bond to Bourne: the classic spy image of a suitcase filled with cash and multiple passports for a quick getaway. But increasingly it is not spies that are looking for a second passport, but a growing number of "economic citizens".

Henley and Partners citizenship expert Christian Kalin, who helps to advise clients on the best place to spend their money, estimates that every year, several thousand people spend a collective $2bn (£1.2bn; 1.5bn euros) to add a second, or even third, passport to their collection.

Essentially, citizenship that is very much for sale.

I would rather go to those countries for holidays where there is no visa is required for Pakistan citizens.

I would rather go to those countries for holidays where there is no visa is required for Pakistan citizens.

12280_04.JPG
36 Countries Pakistanis Allowed to Go Without Visa - پاکستانیوں کو36ممالک میں ویزے کے بغیرجانےکی سہولت

It is 250,000 dollars for Canada and I believe 1 million dollars for United States.

Its probably easiest to get citizenship in Somalia: just 2 Kalashnikovs, 10 kg of explosives, 50 kg of Khat leaves and a Book (Al-Qaeda), thats all it needs.
If you flourish any decent amount of money; then you instantly become an ex-citizen with a decent burial in one of the Warlords' farmlands................ :D

In India one can get even for 10000 rupees. Proof? Ask illegal Bangladeshis...!

how does one get HK passport? I wanted Chinese but that's next to impossible, and I definitely don't want Taiwan.

So HK passport to my understanding is pretty much a Chinese passport.

Back
Top Bottom