What's new

where is the cancer ? In Pakistan.. says Woodward

btw what happened after sidelining India from London?? Drone attacks into Pakistan became manned chopper attacks??

Relation between the two? Correlation or causation?

Relation between the two? Correlation or causation?

Could be both...

I mean it could be a simple coincidence (which I liked)

or

It could be a price US paid for Pakistani military/leadership allowing its troops to attack Taliban on Pakistani soil

I dont have the contacts that high to confirm this either way, so I am happy even with the correlation

If this was the case then the surgeon is failing badly, isn't it. You either stop something or it grows to threaten the whole process.

Curing of cancer takes time isn't it. The surgeon has never hinted that it will abandon the curing process financially.

Technically yes, but the other 'cured' one is still not clear.

?? :what:

It has already been initiated.

Right, it has been initiated, but I feel the 'topmost' position is yet to come, so we cant say as of now that the surge is not working.

Gotta have patience, especially in such complicated scenarios.

Oh yes, the cancer is so deep rooted and the whole world knows about it.

Obama and US Generals knows they can't win they are in search of high value targets so they can portrait it as a US victory.:partay:

10 years gone 60-70% A'stan is in Taliban control infact 2010 is the deadliest year for outsiders how can they win in coming years best option is to pull out asap.:hang2:

Could be both...

I mean it could be a simple coincidence (which I liked)

or

It could be a price US paid for Pakistani military/leadership allowing its troops to attack Taliban on Pakistani soil

I dont have the contacts that high to confirm this either way, so I am happy even with the correlation

Well let's just say the obvious: It's a correlation, and in no way or shape dependent on the other. .

The thing is, blaming Pakistan for their failures isn't going to solve the problem they're apparently trying to fix. It might be good for local consumption, which is most likely the case, but it won't put Taliban in any weaker position.

PN: Calm down, you've retreated into gibberish. If you don't believe what I wrote, do your own research. It's not like your unsupported statements have value, yes?

Seems like Pakistan is becoming a favourite punching bag for the critics specially after the chopper infiltrations .. Some people are really not happy with Washington Islamabad Cooperation and really dont want it to go on .. !!!

Firstly, Obama is no Bush. He is a lot less likely to think before he acts rather than the Bush way were thinking was considered to much of an exercise. Anybody with access to Wikipedia could have told you that the Iraqi Ba'ath party was progressive and secular compared to the Taliban. Obama will not rush into things. Nor will other countries in the world - including the UK support an invasion like Iraq - invade to find evidence to justify invasion. LOL.

But Pakistan is no Iraq either. Iraq had one major party - the military controlled Baath party. Pakistan has multiple centers of power. Iraq did not have WMDs, Pakistan does. Most importantly - Iraqis can deny that they had links with Al Qaeda - can Pakistan do that? If an attack emanates from Pakistan - you can forget the aid and the bonhomie. They will bomb you.

^ Most people talk about Pakistan's economy recovering after WoT, you talk the opposite. :disagree::disagree:

They say the power to imagine is sometimes greater than the power to comprehend the truth.

Well, they don't really say that, but I advise solomon to take heed...

West Bank mosque 'set alight by Jewish settlers'

The attack left walls charred, books burned and graffiti scrawled on the walls.

Israel is investigating Palestinian suspicions that a mosque in the West Bank was set alight by Jewish settlers.

Arsonists reportedly scrawled Hebrew graffiti on the walls of the mosque in Beit Fajjar, near Bethlehem.

The mayor of a nearby settlement condemned the attack and said those carrying it out must have been "extremists".

The assault comes as Palestinian-Israeli peace talks have faltered over the issue of settlements.

Israel has occupied the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, since 1967, housing nearly 500,000 Jews in more than 100 settlements. Some 2.5 million Palestinians live in the West Bank.

Jewish settlements are illegal under international law, though Israel disputes this.

Failed investigations

Residents of Beit Fajjar said a group of settlers went into the mosque overnight and set fire to carpets and copies of the Koran.

Reports say the word "revenge" was scrawled on the wall in Hebrew.

A spokesman for the Israeli military said it was taking the burning of the mosque very seriously.

:rolleyes2:

"We are doing the utmost in order to reach those law-breakers," army spokeswoman Avital Leibowitz told reporters in Tel Aviv.

Meanwhile Shaul Goldstein, the mayor of Gush Etzion, a local settlement, told the BBC he condemned the attack.

While extremists were present in every society, he said, "they do not represent the entire society. The settlers are against it."

Previous Israeli investigations of mosque attacks have failed to produce results.

In April, a mosque was vandalised with Hebrew graffiti, cars were burnt and olive trees uprooted in the village of Hawara, near the Yitzhar settlement.

And in May, a mosque in the Palestinian village of Lubban al-Sharqiya, near Nablus, was gutted in a fire which also destroyed holy books.

No charges were brought against anyone in either case.

Mohammad Hussein, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, came to inspect the damage and talk to the locals.

"The settlers' message is: terrorise the Palestinian people," he told Reuters news agency.

"Crimes like these do not terrorise the Palestinian people. On the contrary, such attacks will only embolden the Palestinian people and increase our determination to achieve all of our rights," he reportedly said after delivering a brief sermon.

'Price tag policy'
Some hard-line settlers advocate a "price tag" policy under which they attack Palestinians in retaliation for any Israeli government measure they see as threatening Jewish settlements.

The Palestinian leadership has said it will not continue peace talks with Israel unless a freeze on Jewish settlements in the West Bank resumes, after building started again last week.

Israel refused to extend a 10-month partial ban on settlement building in the West Bank which expired last Sunday.

Direct talks between Israel and the Palestinians resumed in September after a break of nearly two years.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Oh, forgot the link...

BBC News - West Bank mosque 'set alight by Jewish settlers'

Two Israeli soldiers guilty of using human shield in Gaza

Israel says it launched the Gaza offensive in 2008 to halt Palestinian rocket attacks
An Israeli military court has convicted two Israeli soldiers for using a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza in 2009.

The soldiers were found guilty of reckless endangerment and conduct unbecoming for forcing the nine-year-old boy to check suspected booby-traps.

It is reportedly the first such conviction in Israel - where the use of civilians as human shields is banned.

BBC News - Two Israeli soldiers guilty of using human shield in Gaza

Trial is happening for the boy now... but with Israel, we don't know if they'll punish the cowards they call 'SOLDIERS.'

Our armies might be weak, but at-least we are brave enough to not use human shields.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom