What's new

Where is INS Vikramaditya?

It would be suitable to remove that from your narrative, 1947, the first action of an independent state of Pakistan was aggression against India.
1965 was again unilateral agression against India; post 71, in a year India already demonstrated it's nuclear power, but took no action against the remnant of Pakistan post war, although Pakistani forces were decimated. So the Idea, India doesn't wants pakistan to exist never has or will hold true.

That again is due to your poor sense of history, tactically Kargil was similar to Operation Gibraltor of 65; in 34 years of planning, PA managed to modify it's tactics to "Janab Sardi mein chad jaate hain".

That is awesome, belief is a good thing, but when promulgated from PA, it lends itself to "1 mussalman greater than 10 hindus"; "Security of east lies in the west" and "Bleed India by 1000 cuts".These grand belief despite what your establishment would like for you to believe doesn't pan out the way they envision it.

Cool, read some of the views of "People from Pakistan"

Air Chief Marshal: Asghar Khan
Air Chief Marshal: Nur Khan
Brig (Retd) Saeed Ismat
Major (Retd.) Agha Humayun Amin
Col. S.G Mehd (SSG Commander)

(Combined military and service credentials that dwarfs pretty much every voice here)

What do you have to say about 1965 war?

If you were to ask me this question when I was a young officer, my reply would have been quite different because I fought in that war, saw tactical action and in my perception we did well and beat back the aggressor and won the war. As one matures, learns and has the ability to analyze, one begins to differentiate between myth and reality, of course, with the advantage of the hindsight. 1965 War manifested the shortsightedness and immaturity of our political and military leadership. Pakistan started with ‘Operation Gibraltar’ in Kashmir. We have been made to think it was very bold and imaginative in conception and prepared by a great General. In my opinion it was bold, unimaginative, unpracticable plan. It was not in harmony with prevailing environment in Indian Held Kashmir. It was based on dangerous assumptions and its time frame was unrealistic and quixotic. The plan reflected strategic naivety and immaturity. To top it all the preparation and subsequently the execution displayed lack of professionalism. Since it lacked politico-strategic framework and vision it placed Pakistan in a very precarious position. On its failure, ‘Operation Grandslam’ was launched, which did make military sense since it enjoyed the superiority of strategic orientation. The capture of objective (Akhnur Bridges) would sever the Indian lines of communication in Kashmir and force them to retract. This operation was to suffer a major setback when the advance was halted because of an explainable change of command in the middle of the battle. Indians were so threatened by this move that they attacked with full might across the international border threatening Lahore and Sialkot. Our leaders panicked, ‘Operation Grandslam’ was brought to a grinding halt. Later, a brilliantly conceived Riposte from Khem Karan failed because a correct mix of units was not mustered to achieve a superior relative strength situation at the right time at the right place. We won a lot of battles but lost the war as we failed to attain the political aim of defreezing and the ultimate liberation of the Kashmir. Ayub Khan thus ruined the national economy by one wrong decision that had taken him several years to build.

Brig (Retd) Saeed Ismat, SJ

Cover Story

This in short is Nur Khan’s version of 1965 war, which he calls an unnecessary war and says that President Ayub for whom he has the greatest regard should have held his senior generals accountable for the debacle and himself resigned.

This would have held the hands of the adventurers who followed Gen Ayub. Since the 1965 war was based on a big lie and was presented to the nation a great victory, the Army came to believe its own fiction and has used since, Ayub as its role model and therefore has continued to fight unwanted wars — the 1971 war and the Kargil fiasco in 1999, he said.

In each of the subsequent wars we have committed the same mistakes that we committed in 1965.

Air Marshal Khan demanded that a truth commission formed to find out why we failed in all our military adventures. It is not punishment of the failed leadership that should be the aim of the commission but sifting of facts from fiction and laying bare the follies and foibles of the irresponsible leaders in matters with grave implications for the nation. It should also point out the irregularities committed in training and promotions in the defence forces in the past so that it is not repeated in future

Nur Khan reminisces ’65 war - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Excerpt From the conclusion:

Major (Retd.) Agha Humayun Amin:

Ambition, lust for glory etc are perfectly reasonable aspirations where they are matched with military talent pertaining to operational strategy, low intensity operations, strategic insight or statesmanship! All these were sadly lacking at all levels, except unit level bravery and enthusiasm! Gibraltar failed because of pure and unadulterated military incompetence and Akhtar Malik bears the principle responsibility for Gibraltar! The Grand Slam story was different!It wasnot a case ofbalanced distribution of lack of talent at all levels that resulted in the failure of Grand Slam! The principle reason why Grand Slam failed was delay in initial launching and change of command!

Grand Slam - A Battle of Lost Opportunities

this is your Air Chief Marshal Asghar Khan.

Some of Col. S.G Mehdi wisdom.

Conclusion by SSG’s commander: “Had our Government initiated a probe into concept, conduct and consequences of 1965 War’, and raised the curtain from the acts of gross omission or that of the criminal commission, the ignominy of 1971 could have been avoided. “

1965 War — Some Harsh Realities | Ehtisham Siddiqui

now before we wan't to diss Nur Khan and alike, just be aware that ACM Nur Khan is pretty much the template for a Hero, Took the Fight to Indians, Fought Israelis in 6 day war, Program director of F86 Sabre's, Diffused a Plane Hijacking single-handedly, built the frame work for PIA, Transformed Hockey, Squash and Cricket in pakistan. Pretty much a statesman of no comparison in contemporary Pakistan. I would pay heed to his words,

sir i can also quote lots of people who still believe that we did well in 65.problem is they are part of history.sir all these operations including operation gibraltar and kargil,they all started for the same purpose which is kashmir.kashmir is still a problem.problem is india behave like it has no army in kashmir and when locals start to fight against indian army,you blame us.this blame game will not end soon.

as an indian,you can say that kargil was a failed operation and it served no purpose but for pakistan,kargil was the beginning of more aggressive policy towards india.sir we have this belief that we can defeat you.we don't accept indian dominance.india should look at it's relations with bangladesh.india is dominating bangladesh.we don't want the same relation with india.

sir it's absolutely true that you don't accept pakistan. now look at bjp.look at your nation.everyone in your country wants to attack pakistan.past is history. pakistan can't take indian attacks lightly.india always wanted a reason to attack pakistan. right now india have the reason and will to attack pakistan but pakistan understands indian intention and we are ready.

you can blame us for operation gibraltar but in 71,india interfered in pakkistani politics and how can we forget the role of indian army for the liberation of bangladesh? you can't show yourself as a victim. pakistan still remembers indian army role. you should accept kashmir problem. as i said earlier,indians are not innocent and pakistan also made mistakes but it doesn't mean that you can conquer pakistan.pakistan still have the ability to win limited war. indian actually mobilized it's navy during kargil and wanted to start all out war because it favors india while pakistan did well. it was diplomatic pressure and nothing else. your ex generals even gd bakshi accepted that it was hard for india and that's why india used air force. when you expand any war against pakistan to multiple locations,it will become hard for pakistan to defend. you know it,we know it. 65,71 and kargil are all history.this is modern warfare.now i don't think that it will be easy for india to defeat pakistan.the situation in afghanistan is changing rapidly and it is in favor of pakistan. also countries specially china is a friend of pakistan.two good friends with one common enemy.sir this is not 65 or 71 where soldiers die without any support. today soldiers can carry portable missiles,air force has it's own role and war is very costly.it's not same old times.

Good zia,looks like you remember it.
Kudos boy
Pakistani official maps and UN maps that we submitted still show junagadh as it was annexed two years after independence, while deccan was annexed very quickly
url
CnUfia9WgAALbUp.jpg

junagadah had clear acess to pakistan via sea route and was total violation of pakistan

unfortunately the new generation is forgetting what is part of pakistan

Our space assets don't have a footprint large enough to cover the Indian Ocean. We rely on Chinese Ocean recon Sats for this information. Pak Naval intelligence directly relies upon, spies (Humint) in ports, Humint in Indian Navy, Fishing vessels in International Waters and International Shipping in shipping lanes. This is why we hear reports such as Indian has captured 30 Pakistani fisherman and held them and vice versa we do the same in peace time too. ISI has plenty of foreign flagged Merchant Men on their pay roll to report Indian naval activity in the Indian Ocean. One Satphone call from the bridge of cargo ship to Karachi is the best, cheapest and most effective real time intelligenge tool available to Pak Navy.

Our space Techincal means are focussed on India Pak border area to spot large scale troop movements and staging areas. We don't have the means to build or deploy Ocean Recon Sats, they require a whole new level of Technology, spotting an individual ship in the Open Ocean is incredibly difficult and very expensive. In an ideal world we would have the resources to do this, but in reality PNS are comfortable they will get the info from the Chinese if a crisis comes.

i cant disclose more than i have to ....

good luck with fishermen and bridge look outs ;)

i cant disclose more than i have to ....

good luck with fishermen and bridge look outs ;)

Lol if you can't disclose something that you are claiming with evidence, than I can claim your wrong.
Also point out anything I said that is factually incorrect, perhaps you can do that without outing any of your super secret contacts. It's easy to claim anything you want, the real trick is backing up your claims with eveidence, why post claims on a public forum and when asked to back up said claims say you can't disclose them. You should learn "burden of proof argument".

Lol if you can't disclose something that you are claiming with evidence, than I can claim your wrong.
Also point out anything I said that is factually incorrect, perhaps you can do that without outing any of your super secret contacts. It's easy to claim anything you want, the real trick is backing up your claims with eveidence, why post claims on a public forum and when asked to back up said claims say you can't disclose them. You should learn "burden of proof argument".

why ? is this a courtroom ?

because if im under trial , there's a jury id like to swear to
-------------------------------

there are many lurkers here from the forces, serving and mostly ex. they probably know a lot vs the average joe ( like u for eg) .

many have/had access to secret information / classified data that is simply not required to be shared here , nor needed to be shared , period.

i for eg, can 'claim' to know a lot about anti tank inventory of PA , among a lot other things incl the unspoken . i can claim we are using space based assets ( local + foreign help) to recon on enemy movement ( incl their warships ) ., and make no mistake, the PN is not dumb to hire a janitor at mumbai port or recruit a fishing boat trawler popeye to shadow on vikramaditya .

i do not need to prove 'anything' to a troll like you , in the end, results justify the means.
the P3c orion MAD sensors can only scan a limited area at a given time ( and we have just 3 orions ) , yet the indian sub was caught pants down lurking near gwadar .

pl tell the name of the fishing boat trawler popeye who shadowed the indian sub and radioed mehran to send orions.. we need a medal for him

Last edited:
You have 2 fronts to defend ...ur assests are divided ...now think about ...there is diff but not that huge...
Over divided asset is more than sufficient to take care of 2 front war.

why ? is this a courtroom ?

because if im under trial , there's a jury id like to swear to

there are many lurkers here from the forces, serving and mostly ex. they probably know a lot vs the average joe ( like u for eg) .

many have/had access to secret information / classified data that is simply not required to be shared here , nor needed to be shared , period.

i for eg, can 'claim' to know a lot about anti tank inventory of PA , among a lot other things incl the unspoken . i can claim we are using space based assets ( local + foreign help) to recon on enemy movement ( incl their warships ) ., and make no mistake, the PN is not dumb to hire a janitor at mumbai port or recruit a fishing boat trawler popeye to shadow on vikramaditya .

i do not need to prove 'anything' to a troll like you , in the end, results justify the means.
the P3c orion MAD sensors can only scan a limited area at a given time ( and we have just 3 orions ) , yet the indian sub was caught pants down lurking near gwadar .

pl tell the name of the fishing boat trawler popeye who shadowed the indian sub and radioed mehran to send orions.. we need a medal for him

Really dude you said we had space assets tracking Indian naval movements. I made clear RORSAT (Radar Orbital Reconisance Satellite) is needed for that, which we don't have. We only have photo reconisance Satellites, and even their footprint does not cover Indian ocean. Non Naval assets such as civillian fishing boats and Merchantmen are used by Navies all over the Worrld to supplement Intelligence gathering sources. Chinese, Russian, North Koreans and Indians do this, why would'nt we. If we have Space assets they can not be hidden, we haven't launched any such assets nor do we pocess them. Here are some examples of civillian ships used as spy ships:
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/the-soviet-spy-trawler-dance-music.html
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-09/chinese-spy-ship-docks-next-to-hmas-adelaide-in-fiji/9852748
https://www.nippon.com/en/features/...in-yokohama-the-japan-coast-guard-museum.html

Why wouldn't a janitor in Mumbai port be enlisted by ISI, that is exactly the kind of asset that can tell you real time information on ship leaving and entering the port, preparing to sail, re-arming etc. Every intelligence service in the world would recruit exactly this type of Humint resource. Do you think only Admirals and Genrals are recruited by ISI. I don't understand why you would find this adsurd or fanciful, that you keep bringing up this point to mock my post?
Before you call someone a troll or mock them, it's good to get the facts.
Also we have 7 not 3 P3C orions as you stated, how do you know the Orions weren't alerted to the Indian sub by some other asset spotting it.

BTW a real troll is one that aserts a point, but when challenged says they can't disclose their sources, this is not a court of law it is a discussion forum, the best discussions are one's backed up with facts and evidence. Otherwise we should call it a "rumour mill / in my opinion" forum.

1. britain, 1941.

the luftwaffe had more a/c, better experience . yet the weak (comparatively) RAF 'knew' about the luftwaffe formations right when they were airborne thanks to CHL and CHH networks( pl go and figure out what that is mr fishing vessel) .

german abwehr agents were all over england yet RAF surprised every luftwaffe raid

lesson , SIGNIT <beats> HUMINT [ this was a kinetic operation] .

2 . 1991, gulf

the iraqis were a hardened force from the decade long war with iran. the iraqi spy network was all over kuwait and n . saudia arabia.

yet

US J - STARS and RC 135 rivet joint scouted all of iraq RG formation , ground vehicles and even parked aircraft, collected imagery and relayed this tactical info to ground and air theater commanders.

iraqi HUMINT was limited to janitors in kuwait and binos of their T 72 commanders

the result

complete annihilation of iraqi forces in kuwait

lesson

SIGNIT <beats> HUMINT

3. kargil , 99

pakistan had superior force dispersion with the initial advantage of capturing vacant peaks . indians were off guard here and lost many troops to our marauding height fire

IAF went to israel and asked for LITENINNG targeting pods. complete picture of our formations were made . foto reccee mirage scouts

result , we had to withdraw under intense and corrected arty fire

result

SIGNIT <beats? HUMINT

--------------------------------

i can give u a dozen more examples , ?

the lioaning was tracked on its maiden voyage from dalian port all the way to hainan via LEO observation satellites. pakistan has 'sharing agreements' in place with china for space based reccee + location access on the baiudeo constellation network . how they achieve this beyond the scope of this forum and your intellect . as i said, i dont need to prove anything to make my di.ck look big here yet end results are there for your viewing. and NO , fishing trawlers + port janitors are not used by modern navies. pl ask a lavatory janitor to tell us about indian agni III launch readiness at the silos???

yes, we have 7 orions, my bad

Its a CBG, it requires a lot of planning and resources to get moving and its fairly easy to track especially with the assets PN has at its disposal.

As such, the Vikramditya is sticking to port after making a small venture. This is likely due to actual wartime air ops not being rehearsed or planned thoroughly.
The IN did not expect this election stunt to go beyond whatever the Balakot dilemma was and so the tempo is taking long and difficult to put into practice.

There were rumors of them attempting to launch piecemeal strikes from the south with Mig-29Ks but both limited loads, PAF interceptions and threat of our maritime assets forced them to shelve that idea.
The thing that people forget is that the Vikramditya is only as good as it's weapons. In this case the MIg29K which since it is launching from a ramp will use vast amounts of fuel and only carry a light load for a short range. A ZDK03 on the coast with a few JF17's(Or Orions with harpoons) with anti ship missiles will solve the problem quickly. Add a few subs and surface combatants and then you have a large shipwreck on your hands

Last edited:
Over divided asset is more than sufficient to take care of 2 front war.
Really?...
Seems you guys are struggling against smaller markhors and dreaming to take the mighty dragon...even Americans dont think that way

1. britain, 1941.

the luftwaffe had more a/c, better experience . yet the weak (comparatively) RAF 'knew' about the luftwaffe formations right when they were airborne thanks to CHL and CHH networks( pl go and figure out what that is mr fishing vessel) .

german abwehr agents were all over england yet RAF surprised every luftwaffe raid

lesson , SIGNIT <beats> HUMINT [ this was a kinetic operation] .

2 . 1991, gulf

the iraqis were a hardened force from the decade long war with iran. the iraqi spy network was all over kuwait and n . saudia arabia.

yet

US J - STARS and RC 135 rivet joint scouted all of iraq RG formation , ground vehicles and even parked aircraft, collected imagery and relayed this tactical info to ground and air theater commanders.

iraqi HUMINT was limited to janitors in kuwait and binos of their T 72 commanders

the result

complete annihilation of iraqi forces in kuwait

lesson

SIGNIT <beats> HUMINT

3. kargil , 99

pakistan had superior force dispersion with the initial advantage of capturing vacant peaks . indians were off guard here and lost many troops to our marauding height fire

IAF went to israel and asked for LITENINNG targeting pods. complete picture of our formations were made . foto reccee mirage scouts

result , we had to withdraw under intense and corrected arty fire

result

SIGNIT <beats? HUMINT

--------------------------------

i can give u a dozen more examples , ?

the lioaning was tracked on its maiden voyage from dalian port all the way to hainan via LEO observation satellites. pakistan has 'sharing agreements' in place with china for space based reccee + location access on the baiudeo constellation network . how they achieve this beyond the scope of this forum and your intellect . as i said, i dont need to prove anything to make my di.ck look big here yet end results are there for your viewing. and NO , fishing trawlers + port janitors are not used by modern navies. pl ask a lavatory janitor to tell us about indian agni III launch readiness at the silos???

yes, we have 7 orions, my bad

No where did I say HUMINT beats SIGINT (please quote me where I stated this). They complement each other. Thanks for highlighting against an argument I didnt make.
Again thanks for confirming what I said that PAkistan relies on China for RORSAT vis "sharing Agreements", you clearly stated Pakistans Space assests and now are confirming we rely on China. Glad we are in agreement with what I said.

"and NO , fishing trawlers + port janitors are not used by modern navies", hers some examples of civillians caught spying for Naval Intelligence in other countries:

https://www.military.com/daily-news...-years-trying-sell-ford-aircraft-carrier.html

You'll like this one it includes a Janitor:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...nepage&q=janitor caught for espionage&f=false

Intelligence agencies rely on all sorts of data gathering HUMINT, SIGINT, OSINT, ELINT, SATINT, IMINT and COMINT. The more sources the better, they can be cross referenced. Are you saying a low level office employee, would be off no use to ISI or a Cargo ship captain willing to work for them would be turned away. Intelligence agencies court all kinds of sources, with monetary rewards, Blackmail and coercion if necessary. They are equal opportunities employers.

Please stop straw manning the argument and arguing against positions I haven't espoused. Also as stated before don't bring my intellect into this discussion, adhominen attacks don't forward the discussion and don't make your arguments more valid.

Man, What has ISPR done to you guys,

"
In the 1971 war, the Navy's achievements in the Bay of Bengal sprung from Admiral Nanda's insistence that VIKRANT be sent out at sea and Captain Parkash's courage in letting his eager pilots push to the extreme, the safety limits for launching and recovering aircraft in the low wind conditions in the northern part of the Bay of Bengal.

There is no doubt that many of the strikes by Vikrant's aircraft not only hit many vital targets on shore, damaged and sank many ships and crafts, it instilled fear in the enemy. She was considered important enough by the Pakistanis that they sent the submarine Ghazi all the way to the Bay of Bengal to mine the Visakhapatnam harbor in an attempt to sink the aircraft carrier when she put to sea. Vikrant and her aircraft made sure that no supply could reach the enemy by sea. The escape route of Pakistani land forces from East Pakistan by sea was completely cut off. These factors undoubtedly helped substantially to hasten the surrender of Pakistani troops.

"
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/r-vikrant.htm

View attachment 547713
https://web.archive.org/web/20100508210258/http://orbat.com/site/cimh/navy/kills(1971)-2.pdf
Do the joke is that some posters here think the PN is on any level near the IN. When in reality, the PN is barely comparable with the Indian Coast Guard:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::laughcry::laughcry:

Back
Top Bottom