What's new

Where are the hovercraft?

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let me get this straight. Pakistan is a country prone to flooding with huge, mostly flat, river valleys and an inadequate road network. Hovercraft for carrying cargo for the military in wartime and for relief in peacetime would seem to be an ideal solution. Hovercraft are not difficult to build, no foreign aid or purchases are required - even the engines are pretty simple. So why doesn't Pakistan have them?

My friend we have adequete road network we arent kenya or some sub saharan country!

Nor are we prone to such floods in our entire history we havent faced such floods!!
And not all Pakistan is Flat! Try balouchistan,NWFP,N.As,FATA etc

So we dont need Hover crafts they r of no significant use to us!So its not a good feasible idea.

...........We do have hover crafts but in limited numbers used by Navys Marine corps(mostly used in marshy areas in sindh)..And im sure they are being used in the current scenerio!

Let me get this straight. Pakistan is a country prone to flooding with huge, mostly flat, river valleys and an inadequate road network. Hovercraft for carrying cargo for the military in wartime and for relief in peacetime would seem to be an ideal solution. Hovercraft are not difficult to build, no foreign aid or purchases are required - even the engines are pretty simple. So why doesn't Pakistan have them?

Three hovercrafts of Pakistan Navy are currently deployed in Sukkur where they are conducting the flood relief operations.

Hovercraft can be built quite rapidly - a crude but serviceable one within days. Are there no plans to do so?

the navy has a sqdn of hovercrafts and they have been used for relief ops in the indus delta / riverine areas and likely to do so when the floods reach the sea.

Three hovercrafts of Pakistan Navy are currently deployed in Sukkur where they are conducting the flood relief operations.

how did they get them to sukkur???

Hovercraft can be built quite rapidly - a crude but serviceable one within days. Are there no plans to do so?

maybe it will occur to them to build a few now!One really has to be prepared for any calamity, however remote & however unlikely the extent may be unknown.

Now we know................

Well Floods are not so common in Pakistan specially on this huge scale.I am sure Navy will build more of these things now.

Its not rocket science even Pakistani kids can do it..

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
hahahaha wel i think around 2 we have on active duty woth PN marines thats all we had i think armed forces should modernize our marines weapons system most of their systems are based on rubbish sea scotters and few boats and RPG almost everything is of WW 2

PN has three hovercraft and six trasport helos and rest small ones.
That's about it.

here you go baby i got it there is hover crafts
12&

Pakistan Navy, Marine Corps use hovercrafts in and around the marshy lands of Sindh Rive Delta and mangrove areas.
They are using medium class Griffon 2000 TD of UK Origin. They got four of these Griffons 2000TD in 2005 and some more earlier. Total we have around 10 Hovercrafts in service with PN and Marines
griffon2000tdm_03.jpg

Pak-14.jpg

Naval_patrol.JPG

The-smooth-640x480.jpg

Also being used in flood relief activities:
ss-100823-pakistan-floods-01_ss_full.jpg

griffon2000tdm_01.jpg

Since we do not have large marshy lands and these hovercraft do not find much utility in our terrain so they are not a major component of our military forces.

Pakistan Navy, Marine Corps use hovercrafts in and around the marshy lands of Sindh Rive Delta and mangrove areas.
They are using medium class Griffon 2000 TD of UK Origin. They got four of these Griffons 2000TD in 2005 and some more earlier. Total we have around 10 Hovercrafts in service with PN and Marines
griffon2000tdm_03.jpg

Pak-14.jpg

Naval_patrol.JPG

The-smooth-640x480.jpg

Also being used in flood relief activities:
ss-100823-pakistan-floods-01_ss_full.jpg

griffon2000tdm_01.jpg

Since we do not have large marshy lands and these hovercraft do not find much utility in our terrain so they are not a major component of our military forces.

We should try to build these Hover Crafts and other Patrol Boats like MRTP-16 and MRTP-33 and the ones which we got from USA and those on F-22Ps at home or with JV with Turkish.
I think we need about 35-70 of these to protect such sites other than good numbers of MRTP-16 and MRTP-33 for SSGN and Marines, coast guard or MSA needs them too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom