What's new

Where are the hovercraft?

For any private firm to start production first questin would be the market size, which in my opinion is almost non-existent.

Let me get this straight. Pakistan is a country prone to flooding with huge, mostly flat, river valleys and an inadequate road network. Hovercraft for carrying cargo for the military in wartime and for relief in peacetime would seem to be an ideal solution. Hovercraft are not difficult to build, no foreign aid or purchases are required - even the engines are pretty simple. So why doesn't Pakistan have them?

Plus, they are notoriously difficult to steer!

But they are also extremely fun to ride in..
after all...nothing beats the sight of you gliding over mangrove roots as if they did not exist.
Their secondary capability used by the PN is as a MANPADS platform..

We should try to build these Hover Crafts and other Patrol Boats like MRTP-16 and MRTP-33 and the ones which we got from USA and those on F-22Ps at home or with JV with Turkish.
I think we need about 35-70 of these to protect such sites other than good numbers of MRTP-16 and MRTP-33 for SSGN and Marines, coast guard or MSA needs them too.

not feasible to spend on systems required in such small numbers!
what will be our Hovercraft requirement? 10, 15 or 20.
It is not good to spend in R&D and manufacturing of system required in this small number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom