What's new

When would Bombs stop exploding?

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
My worse nightmare is coming true. I said it before and I say it now that Turkey is on its way to becoming the Pakistan of the Middle east. This is a sentiment that props up in our talkshows that are discussing Middle east and its impact on Pakistan. Some might have heard that from Dr Shahid Masood too.

When the bombs started exploding in the Turkish cities it was a shocker for the world at first. Getting prime time and interruption but sadly and slowly for the rest of the world, these news are being deferred now as rest of the world is becoming accustomed to these news and they get a passing reference or none at all just like the bombings and shootings in Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan & Nigeria etc.

So how does Erdogan respond?

• He cracks down on journalists and politicians who don’t toe his line
  • Academics, politicians and journalists face treason charges who criticise government policies
  • Ambushes and shoots down Russian jet
  • Forcefully sends Turkish troops to Iraq that are not welcome
  • Cracks down on Kurdish population
  • Bombs the Kurdish forces that kept Daesh at bay and gave them a fight
  • Remains the biggest outlet of Daesh oil to the international market
  • Remains the biggest transit for jihadi fighters and jihadi brides making their way to Daesh territories.

What is debateable is ;

Whether the policies of its current leader the cause and complicit in its current state?

Or is it a victim of uncontrolled circumstances and tragedies that were not aniticpated?

List below

How many sorties, raids Turkey has taken directly against Daesh?
Vs how many it has conducted against those that are fighting Daesh?

If its too politically charged and black and white then debate this
Are the current terror attacks the direct result of its proximity to Iraq & Syria? (that’s the easy one).

Are they the direct result of how Erdogan offered his country to the same players Zia offered in the 80s? (this is contentious).

What should Erdogan do differently to put a stop on these terror attacks?

I am tagging few people that have different narrative and take on the current middle eastern crises. And I seek to learn and better educate myself. I have my views, yes, and I base them on some observations and conclusions but I am open for debate and change of mind too. “Assad is evil” and the killer of his own people is very simplistic and half arsed commentary that no self respecting and moderately educated person in international relations should make.. because this sets a very dangerous precedent there are many Arab monarchies that fit the description too so we got to be careful.

Yes I find myself critical of Erdogan's actions within his country & in neighboring counties but I am waiting to see or hear anything that would stop the bombs going off. continuation with the same action plan has not worked.

My apology for Assad is what was wrong re Qadafi is also wrong in his respect (or any other middle eastern regime). World has no right to arm militias to depose the governments because repeatedly it results into a monstrosity like Daesh and innocent people suffer.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM @Horus @Hyperion @cabatli_53 @Syed.Ali.Haider @MilSpec @MastanKhan @Daneshmand

conclusion

I expect the commentators in thread to remain dignified and respectful to each other and offer counter narrative in a civilized manner, for the sake of all those victims in Turkey and elsewhere due to the global wave of terrorism. rest in peace to the innocent dead in Turkey and rest of the world.

Photo Feature: Bomb attacks in Turkey since 1982 - LOCAL

Ambushes and shoots down Russian jet

Oh please... You cannot possibly force a country to be that reckless to violate Turkey's airspace while bombing Turkmens along the border of Turkey despite Turkey's and its allies' countless warnings of severe consequences if they continue and call it an "ambush". Sputnik much?

Forcefully sends Turkish troops to Iraq that are not welcome

Turkish troops were invited by KRG. Since Iraqi army has abandoned a third of their country to IS, by doing so causing massive refugee waves towards the Turkish border, I don't think we need their welcoming. Iraq's puppet regime should maybe focus its attentions on IS instead of Turkey.

Cracks down on Kurdish population

Did you know that there are more Kurds in Istanbul than any other city in the WORLD? Yet these crackdowns mostly occur on some neighbourhoods in Southeastern cities of Turkey where PKK terrorist wreak havoc. Does it mean anything to you?

Bombs the Kurdish forces that kept Daesh at bay and gave them a fight

Who is that Kurdish forces exactly? Turkey has been helping Peshmerga which is the primary Kurdish force fighting against IS since the very beginning.

Or are you talking about PKK? Since when fighting against IS for their own fvcked up agenda has made them less of a terrorist organization? Do you consider Taliban as a legitimate force too, because they are fighting against IS as well.

Turkish forces kill nearly 200 ISIS militants in Syria and Iraq. "It was perfect" says Col. Warren

None.

My worse nightmare is coming true. I said it before and I say it now that Turkey is on its way to becoming the Pakistan of the Middle east. This is a sentiment that props up in our talkshows that are discussing Middle east and its impact on Pakistan. Some might have heard that from Dr Shahid Masood too.

When the bombs started exploding in the Turkish cities it was a shocker for the world at first. Getting prime time

I have to disagree with Dr Shahid Masood, when the attacks happened in Turkey there was no mention of it in Swedish media. I fist found out about the attacks from foreign news agencies and even they just mentioned it.

• Academics, politicians and journalists face treason charges who criticise government policies

This is incorrect arrests are made against individuals who defend and support the actions of the terrorists. The same thing would happen in Sweden.

That was inside Turkish territory and didn't respond to any messages.

Actually no, the troops were welcome by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) who had the Turkish soldiers train their soldiers to fight ISIS.

No, they crack down on a terrorist organisation that operates in areas where there are a lot of Kurdish people in. Not every Kurd is part of the PKK just like how not every Muslim is a terrorist.

This has already been disproven multiple times, the oil Turkey was buying was coming from the Kurds in Norhtern Iraq(KRG to be precise)

• Remains the biggest transit for jihadi fighters and jihadi brides making their way to Daesh territories.

Considering that the countries are next to each other it's not that shocking. Even though Turkey is right next to Syria and has a large Muslim population most fighters in ISIS aren't Turkish. France, for example, while having a much smaller amount of Muslim population has around twice as many nationals who have joined ISIS.

1269-14337752701765648255.png

What is debateable is ;

Whether the policies of its current leader the cause and complicit in its current state?

Or is it a victim of uncontrolled circumstances and tragedies that were not aniticpated?

I would say it is a victim of circumstances outside of its control.

Are the current terror attacks the direct result of its proximity to Iraq & Syria? (that’s the easy one).

I would have to say no, during the Iraq war and then later the war on terrorism Turkey didn't suffer attacks on its soil from the taliban even though they operated closeby. Also France has seen several attacks on its soil carried out by ISIS even though the country isn't close to either Syria nor Iraq.

I think he should just keep doing what he is doing. The army has more or less defeated most, and soon all, terrorist strongholds within the country.

Yes I find myself critical of Erdogan's actions within his country & in neighboring counties

But why? He has done literally nothing wrong.

My apology for Assad is what was wrong re Qadafi is also wrong in his respect (or any other middle eastern regime). World has no right to arm militias to depose the governments because repeatedly it results into a monstrosity like Daesh and innocent people suffer.

But Gaddafi helped sponsor terrorist organisations in the UK (the IRA) so I think it was a good thing to remove him from power, he had power and abused. I mean did he honestly expect that he could fund terrorist organisations for several years and just get away with it?

@Irfan Baloch
First we need to understand that Turkey happens to be lived very much closed to the world's most strange war where peoples apprising turns into a big mess where no body know who is fighting for whom. turkey just tries to create buffer zone between Turkey and the big battle which probably the worlds longest fighting battle and will prove black hole for many countries. They are helping Turk men at Syrian / Turkey border who proved to be the last defense line of Turkey, in order to keep war away they have to help them other wise they will face ISIS along with Kurd militia both forces quite hostile towards Turkey.
Kurd sympathizers for sure with the foreign help bombing Turkey for no reason despite they enjoying quite better life in Turkey these foreign funded person creating problems.
turkey is not trading any oil from ISIS but may be the areas controlled by Turk men they have access to few limited oilfields and they bringing this oil to Turkey.

What a troll thread.
Like I said before if the USA cant control there border with Mexico, how can some expect Turkey can with Syria and Iraq?
Turkey is a major tourist destination. Do you expect Turkey knows exactly who is going to Syria?
And all the rest of your arguments are pure trolling. Did you get those"facts" from RT?

He cracks down on journalists and politicians who don’t toe his line
Although i dont support Erdogan but,what has this got to do with fighting ISIS/Daesh?
Academics, politicians and journalists face treason charges who criticise government policies
Take a look at the title,

Turkish Academics Call for End to Ankara's PKK Crackdown

So,we should stop fighting those who kill our citizens and security forces(soldiers,police)?
Take a look at the size of the coffin and tell me to stop fighting the PKK,

238180.jpg

Why dont you stop fighting TTP?
How does that sound?
Ambushes and shoots down Russian jet
Ambush?
The Russians bomb the Turkmen villages on the Turkish border and we should just sit by and watch them get killed by the so called good ISIS/Daesh fighting Russian,when ISIS/Daesh is at least 250km away from the Turkish border?
Right?
Forcefully sends Turkish troops to Iraq that are not welcome
Those troops are there from 2013 for training the Peshmerga forces,there was a deal made to train them so that they could fight ISIS/Daesh.
And whats with the word, ''forcefully''?

Cracks down on Kurdish population
You really need to get your facts right,these operations are only against PKK militants and their supporters.
At least 80% of the Kurdish population is against the PKK.
Bombs the Kurdish forces that kept Daesh at bay and gave them a fight
Like Russia bombed the Turkmen and moderate forces who were fighting ISIS?
We never bombed any Kurdish forces,we even let the Peshmerga through our territory to Kobani to fight ISIS/Daesh.
The only thing we did was warning them(YPG/PYD),not to cross the Eufrat/Firat river,thats our red line for the Syrian Kurds.
Remains the biggest outlet of Daesh oil to the international market
That has been denied,even by the KRG(Kurdish regional government of northern Iraq).
The proof the Russians presented turned out to be false,those trucks were KRG trucks on route from northern Iraq to Turkiye.
Turkiye has detained/ almost 3000 people heading for Syria to join ISIS/Daesh the last two months,get your facts right.

I have my views, yes, and I base them on some observations and conclusions but I am open for debate and change of mind too
Observation from Presstv,RT and some western European anti Turkish newspapers/channels,right?
Look at the highlighted parts,these shows your views and i doubt you will ever change your mind.
Not that it matters.
You tagged a person who is the biggest Iranian troll on PDF,miraculously made a TT for unknown reasons and expect me to think you are unbiased?
Come on Irfan Baloch,who are you kidding?

Last edited:

everyone who defends PKK should be cracked down and their mouth must be shut up we need a law that would bring them 8 years of jail at least

academics supporting some cia sponsered guy in US must face the law.. supporting foreign countrys and their destablisation of turkey must be a crime so this ppl should get 5 years jail and loose all their property..

if we would kill russians in ukraine then it would be the worst thing on earth the worst ppl of mankind would be the turks and the heaven would break down .. children would cry and mother would blame us.. even animals would curse us death and spit on us.. but if you kill some turks you can walk on earth and get flowers..
we can shoot down anything wich is not registered in our airspace.. so the russians can do the same over russia

sending troops to iraq is our right! we can send them until they reach mosul.. but the best thing is we were invited against isis.. so we did not send them "forcefully" that is a lie

cracking down kurdish population.. if that would be true then no kurd would be for turkey and we had civil war.. so this is the second lie

kurdish forces? ????????? Terrorists plz .. google "pkk katliamları gazete" then you will find pictures or just "pkk katliamları" on google pictures THIS are your KURDISH FORCES! also you dont blame russia over bombing the syrian opposition and giving the daesh a fight.. why?

hmm kurdish oil plz.. assad is someone who fights with daesh against some rebels , he is the one who supports them and buys oil from them.. sometimes they clash and fight each other..

500 pakistani fight among daesh, how can this be? why didnt pakistan stop them all? why didn't russia stop 1500 fighters for daesh.. why did they all let this ppl leave? why does this countries build a transit over air for daesh?

Syria and Iraq are muslim country then think about which country is more reliable to those muslims.
Is that a country bombing civilians day by day to support assad. And for what?to secure the base in Syria and for energy politics.
OR a country opens border for 3 million refugees is reliable for them.
See how christian russians take care when they are bombing muslim syrains who are in the middle of a war between assad,daesh,iran,russia,kurds(kdp) ,fsa and Turkmens(kdp,fsa ,Turkmens supported by turkey).
when a thief gets enter to house and steals, everyone criticize the host that he must get secure his house.in Turkey we say isnt thief have a guilty about the event.
An advice to Russians and their supporters come and criticize Turkey in front of the refugees and see how they will kick your ......

I have mentioned the exact same thing many times on this forum, that Turkey is at the same crossroads that Pakistan was in the 90's, and it's completely up to it's citizens to choose whether they want to repeat our mistakes. Let me cut out all the noise and come to the point directly, Erdogan is not good for Turkey.

When the bombs started exploding in the Turkish cities it was a shocker for the world at first. Getting prime time and interruption but sadly and slowly for the rest of the world, these news are being deferred now as rest of the world is becoming accustomed to these news and they get a passing reference or none at all just like the bombings and shootings in Pakistan, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan & Nigeria etc.

What is debateable is ;

List below

Are they the direct result of how Erdogan offered his country to the same players Zia offered in the 80s? (this is contentious).

I am tagging few people that have different narrative and take on the current middle eastern crises. And I seek to learn and better educate myself. I have my views, yes, and I base them on some observations and conclusions but I am open for debate and change of mind too. “Assad is evil” and the killer of his own people is very simplistic and half arsed commentary that no self respecting and moderately educated person in international relations should make.. because this sets a very dangerous precedent there are many Arab monarchies that fit the description too so we got to be careful.

Yes I find myself critical of Erdogan's actions within his country & in neighboring counties but I am waiting to see or hear anything that would stop the bombs going off. continuation with the same action plan has not worked.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM @Horus @Hyperion @cabatli_53 @Syed.Ali.Haider @MilSpec @MastanKhan @Daneshmand

conclusion

I expect the commentators in thread to remain dignified and respectful to each other and offer counter narrative in a civilized manner, for the sake of all those victims in Turkey and elsewhere due to the global wave of terrorism. rest in peace to the innocent dead in Turkey and rest of the world.

What is debateable is ;

List below

conclusion

Erodgan took Turkey on road to propsperity which Turkey hasn't seen before. Problem in neighbouring countries were not created by Erodgan. People of Syria and Iraq are fed up of their Governments and want change and most who stood up are Sunnis they were supported by Sunni Governments and Iran jumped in to save Shia regimes which led to bloody sectarian conflict. If some think Turkey can choose to remain neutral than they are way to naive.

Only if one could see from the point of neutrality. Unfortunately these psoodu intellectuals are much more gukibal then the average retard that falls for the daesh propaganda. But then again a biased mind is a biased mind.

Curse the country that took in millions and is trying it's best to help the people in need. And not even look at the one that has managed to screw up 4 countries, and is hell bent on screwing up more and more.

Russian plane ambushed my @$$.

Thanks for the tag, I am not well informed on this area, so won't contribute, but this will be a great opportunity to learn about the region and it's challenges.

regards.

What is debateable is ;

List below

conclusion

When the Iranian regime is no more

Or when some Arabs and their followers like TTP, Boko Haram etc stop blowing themselves up in streets, markets, mosques and every other freaking place around the world? When they stop preaching hate in their schools and mosques? When they educate their society not to join in droves every new fucked up terrorist group that is created? I mean, it requires such an audacity to post something like that.

Erodgan took Turkey on road to propsperity which Turkey hasn't seen before. Problem in neighbouring countries were not created by Erodgan. People of Syria and Iraq are fed up of their Governments and want change and most who stood up are Sunnis they were supported by Sunni Governments and Iran jumped in to save Shia regimes which led to bloody sectarian conflict. If some think Turkey can choose to remain neutral than they are way to naive.

Syria in a Sunni majority, so people are fed up (your argument), Iraq is Shia majority and people are also fed up? Who exactly are you to say who is fed up or not? Everything should be determined through elections. Iraqis already elect their government through election, and you are not in any position to say Iraqis are fed up. If they are fed up with their gov, they can simply elect Al-Baghdadi as their PM. ISIS terrorists and their supporters are not Iraqis, and they should and will be obliterated no matter what.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom