What's new

When will Pakistan become a 1st world country?

A small piece of land is developed much cheaper than the large one.
No offence, not a economist or anything but size is not the decisive factor. The real factor is productivity. If you have lots of land, fertile, resource rich it will develop very easily. On the other hand if you have small tract of sandy desert then you will struggle to develop it.

Islam being the most modern of major religions, it is impossible for that to happen
Then the Sikhs and Rastas are cast iron safe !!!

If Pakistan became first world and West gave grief it would react by giving West a thrashing - so to speak, as it would have the muscle to do so and in doing ...

Well the Japanese tried in WWII. The Germans tried too. How will Pakistan's fate be any different?

No offence, not a economist or anything but size is not the decisive ...
Then the Sikhs and Rastas are cast iron safe !!!

See you don't have to be an atheist to prosper in this world.

Last edited:
Pakistan's fate be any different?
There is fast approaching multipolar world with a rising giant on Pakistan's east called China. I think Pakistan allied to China is well proof from any German or Japanese like situations. If anything rest of the world will be under threat from China.

See you don't have to be an atheist to prosper in this world.
I never said that. A open mind is important.

There is one short cut. we don't participate in any world war in future. in short " andhon me kanna raja " type of 1st world country bn skte han.

There is fast approaching multipolar world with a rising giant on Pakistan's east called China. I think Pakistan allied to China is well proof from any German or Japanese like situations. If anything rest of the world will be under threat from China.

I never said that. A open mind is important.
The reason we are aligned with China is because we share a border with a hostile India. Hence are interests are aligned for now.

China as of even right now can't take on the West directly in an all out war. In such an eventuality we Pakistanis will have to take sides for obvious reasons. China's dominance will not go unchallenged for long.

I think I am going off topic.....

When society transcends primitive classifications of others based on ethnicity, gender, sexuality etc.

Yes this is a hallmark of a 1st world mindset.

But you do understand for this to happen religion would need to take a back seat because it is torchbearer for demonizing differences? Secularism is also a common trait shared by 1st world countries. Don't get be wrong religion still has its place but not it is not the rudder which steers the ship.

You, Sir- is an Enlightened One. I would had thumbs up your post a million times if i could.

No offence, not a economist or anything but size is not the decisive factor. The real factor is productivity. If you have lots of land, fertile, resource rich it will develop very easily. On the other hand if you have small tract of sandy desert then you will struggle to develop it. !

Sir, don't mind me saying this. But this topic perhaps actually required some experience or knowledge of building the land I referred to (infrastructure or urban development)?

Just using common sense, Pakistan has a real estate and infrastructure boom. Some of the land was very fertile where now the roads or homes are being built. What was more expensive in terms of $$$$ and adding onto the GDP? The fertile land producing crops? Or the high rise or new homes, etc, etc? Developed land has a much higher value. And if the need to develop land within a country is smaller (less area) and for the same size of the population, another country has three times the size, guess what? The first one would be developed much cheaper. Jut like a house. A 3-4 bedroom home is built on a much smaller piece of land and for a smaller price, than say a 8 bedroom home with two yards and 4 car garage and a swimming pool, primarily, as it requires more land and then add more building costs. Thanks.

At current trajectory I would say 2040 to become a BRIC nation.

2070 to become a developed 1st world country barring any major wars or an abnormal shift in global geopolitics.

Any other thoughts?
when it gets rid of corrupt rulers and ehtesab is done

in that case Pakistan has arrived! what are you worried about.

Unlike India, Pakistan is realistic. Pakistan acknowledges its shortcoming which encourages the next step to work on the shortcomings. Better than delusional India thinking they are great while frail with toilet issues, rape capital, minority intolerance, genocidal PM with communal party at large, huge poverty and hate propaganda.

Unlike India, Pakistan is realistic. Pakistan acknowledges its shortcoming which encourages the next step to work on the shortcomings. Better than delusional India thinking they are great while frail with toilet issues, rape capital, minority intolerance, genocidal PM with communal party at large, huge poverty and hate propaganda.
LOL

Correct, and it is quite evident. That's why India is miserably loosing on all fronts. :p:

Being a realist, I say that as long as the Kashmir issue is not resolved, both Pakistan and India are just going to be lingering around, while the world takes giant leaps.
I apologize but your view is not based on facts.

I will refrain from commenting on Pakistani situation as you and @Kaptaan and @save_ghenda would be better placed to speak on that topic.

As far as India is concerned, Kashmir is an issue that at best very marginally(at best) affects India's quest for growth.

You must understand India from Indians perspective instead of using Pakistani prisms of 'impact' of Kashmir on the country.

For example, the truth is that India is both geographically and population wise a massive country.
The troubling geography for us - Kashmir - has a total population of 7 million.
India has a total population of 1.3 billion i.e 1300 million.

Kashmir makes zero tangible impact to the life of 99.999% Indians regardless of whether every single Kashmiri is wielding a Kalashnikov on the street or even if working in a factory adding to the country's GDP.

They are just too small in number to make any difference to India either ways. Not even a drop in an ocean.

India has been moving up economically quite steadily since the 90's despite the fact that Kashmir blew up in our face in the 90's with lads wielding anti-tank rifles openly in city streets in Kashmir.

The point is - Short of a nuclear bomb going off in Kashmir, Kashmir cannot even affect 1% of our GDP growth either ways (both positive or negative).

Whether we are succeeding or failing . For India at least, we cannot blame Kashmir and Pakistan. What does affect us is the system of governance in our country. That affects us. The rest is just white noise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the issue of what @Kaptaan said. I can concur on his and @save_ghenda 's thought within my own country if that helps you at all.

Today, a much larger percentage of Indians care less about ethnicity & caste than a decade back. The number of inter ethnic marriages and inter caste marriages is going through the roof. This was unimaginable for most Indians of the last generation (i.e the parents of those getting married now).

Kaptaan & @save_ghenda - I will also identify the cause of why this has happened. And what is responsible for this change in thought process. It is not money per se what has brought about and is bringing about this change. It is market economy unleashed in 1991 which means education and jobs!

The reduction of state patronage networks of old which depended on ethnic relations and caste - like seth businesses and patwari culture -and rise of new competitive market economics has led to the massive boom of colleges & white collar jobs in India is almost exclusively responsible for this happening.

Earlier all these were limited to patronage networks of old which worked on the basis of caste/ethnicity. Once these networks started getting broken up in 1991 ( our big bang market economy started that year), slowly market economy is taking shape. The market economy is smashing the old networks.

Because a college will not accept you if you are of a certain caste nor will IBM give you a job because of your caste. Your knowledge will give you that job.

As an entrepreneur - the raw material you buy will be bought from supplier that offers the desired quality at lowest price. No one will buy a product of higher price because the supplier is of a certain caste.

For the new generation the economic payoffs of caste and ethnicity have reduced tremendously over the last 2 decades and so the impact follows in social sphere.

Because admission in all colleges is competitive - any student or his parent can now very very rarely ensure that they go to college in the same city. The overwhelming majority of students have to travel elsewhere for college education. Live in hostels or shared accomodation with countless others. They have to leave their comfort zones of their confines straight out of 12th standard school.

From there they have to travel to a third city/state for jobs. This has led to intermingling of different Indians in ginormous numbers that has brought about a massive change in thought process.

Almost every single college educated Indian now has to travel to get jobs. A graduate from Delhi is going to work in Bangalore while a graduate from Tamil Nadu is doing to work in Gurgaon.

A bengali can no longer think of an Andhraite as the 'other'. Or a punjabi can no longer think of a bihari as 'other'. And vice-versa. They now meet everyone from everywhere in whichever state they go to.

This is an ongoing process. It has only started happening in the last 20 years. It has barely started and already the impacts are more than you can imagine. There are many other parts of the state which have not mixed into this melting pot. Assam and North East states for example are still not as mixed as the others are. But the march of the market economy and jobs is unstoppable.

Another 20 years in the future and India would be unrecognizable by even people like me.

Last edited:
1st world or 2nd world or 3rd world countries... these r controlling tactics nuthing else... soo pls stop living a low esteem life... it all depend on individuals how they improve themselves and those individuals unite to make a nation ... improve urself

Turkey. Then compare Istanbul to the 1st world. compare Turkish attitudes to gender, homsexuality, religious freedom and you will see they are most relaxed amongst the Muslim world although they still are not 1st world. That said they are moving to that destination very fast.
http://lgbtweekly.com/2014/08/14/tu...newly-elected-president-recep-tayyip-erdogan/
https://twitter.com/aklgbti
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...i-lgbt-erdogan-akp-freedoms-human-rights.html

Turkey is very different sometimes. :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom