What's new

When will China's military be able to challenge the U.S.?

Chinaowneverything seem to quote a lot from textbook stuff, I wanted to send an article from Baidu.com but seem like he can't read Chinese I have forget about it.

So I like to suggest to Chinaowneverything to check out on Bloomberg.com, go to China news. Bloomberg.com as I know is quite neutral unlike other media like CNN which are bias against China.

It will be unwise for China to pursue an arms race with the United States right now. The U.S. arms spending, not including dual use tech, accounts for over half of the world's military expenditure. Multiple arms companies compete against one another not only in the domestic but foreign markets as well.

What China needs to do is to gradually shrink the technological disparity between China and the United States, possibly through asymmetrical warfare. Invest heavily in high tech fields by nurturing engineers/pursuading overseas Chinese to return to China. First ensure that China could hold her own against intrusions on her own turf and then think about power projection. You can't eat an ox with a single bite!

First ensure that China could hold her own against intrusions on her own turf and then think about power projection. You can't eat an ox with a single bite!

You're right, I don't think we need to worry about "power projection" at the moment.

China should aim for economic growth and stability first.

Besides, there mere possession of nuclear weapons is enough to discourage anyone from invading us. Even if we forget about nuclear weapons, no one wants to fight such a large nation in a conventional sense.

So it's best to focus on our economic growth. That is the way forward. :cheers:

Chinese dragon and Cardsharp,

Some of the views you two hold are just way too PC for my taste; more often than not I would rather go with Chinaowns instead, honestly. I would refrain from calling other Chinese "fuked up" if I were you, as non-liberals would probably call you guys such as well on some occasions. If Chinaowns were not Chinese, perhaps me neither ?

Chinese dragon and Cardsharp,

Some of the views you two hold are just way too PC for my taste; more often than not I would rather go with Chinaowns instead, honestly. I would refrain from calling other Chinese "fuked up" if I were you, as non-liberals would probably call you guys such as well on some occasions. If Chinaowns were not Chinese, perhaps me neither ?

Speeder has a point. While Chinaowns is a bit on the radical side it doesn't mean that we should alienate him. If anyone has problem with his claims he or she should point it out nicely. I think Chinese people on the board (the real ones, of course) should show respect to one another.

If Chinaowns were not Chinese, perhaps me neither ?

Well, are you? :azn:

"Chinaownseverything" (look at that name) posts like an American pretending to be Chinese... so I asked him if he has ever lived in China, if he can write Chinese, or if he can speak Chinese.

The answer to all three questions is no. So how is he culturally Chinese? For all I know, he could be pretending to be Chinese... especially with a name like "Chinaownseverything", which sounds deliberately provocative, and is factually incorrect.

I agree though, it is wrong to say that someone is "fvcked up", regardless of whether they are Chinese or not.

Last edited:

"Chinaownseverything" (look at that name) posts like an American pretending to be Chinese... so I asked him if he has ever lived in China, if he can write Chinese, or if he can speak Chinese.

The answer to all three questions is no. So how is he culturally Chinese? For all I know, he could be pretending to be Chinese, especially with a name like "Chinaownseverything".

I agree though, it is wrong to say that someone is "fvcked up", regardless of whether they are Chinese or not.

Well I don't think chinaowns is that sinister... Although I do agree that Americans pretending to be Chinese get on my nerves really quickly. Quite frankly all they do is write in broken English or speak with fake Cantonese accents. If chinaowns were a fake he'd be the most elaborate I've everseen.

Chinaowns act pretty much like a Fengqing would in China, which would be a bit unusual if he were ABC. However despite the wackiness of his comments I think he is sincere about his heritage. There aren't many like that, even in China, today.

No, I am Martian.

No one can pretend to be Chinese without being exposed within 10 posts, except Chinese themselves.

An American, presumably smarter than what I expected, would debút the forum with name as "Yanksowneverthing", I suppose?

The answer to all three questions is no. So how is he culturally Chinese?

"To be Chinese is to be cultured", an ancient scholar said .

:cheers:

OK "Chinaownseverything" let's clear this up.

If you are Chinese, tell me which character in this sentence is wrong.

guessq.gif

This sentence is the same in Traditional and Simplified characters.

Tricky dude, none of the characters are wrong, together they make a short sentence.

I see you used pictures so it can't be googled. :azn:

Tricky dude, none of the characters are wrong, together they make a short sentence.

I see you used pictures so it can't be googled. :azn:

"you zhi zhe shi yi chen"

Damn you China-Dragon with your tricks I though I was Chinese deficient at first because I can't pick out any mistakes. :cry::cry::cry:

Chinaowns act pretty much like a Fengqing would in China, which would be a bit unusual if he were ABC. However despite the wackiness of his comments I think he is sincere about his heritage. There aren't many like that, even in China, today.

Yes I think he is Chinese too.

We have had a lot of "pretend" Chinese trolls recently on this forum, like "PAC MAN".

So the name "Chinaownseverything" (China clearly does NOT own everything), and his lack of knowledge about modern China, set the alarm bells ringing.

But if he is an ABC, that might explain it.

"you zhi zhe shi yi chen"

Damn you China-Dragon with your tricks I though I was Chinese deficient at first because I can't pick out any mistakes. :cry::cry::cry:

LOL you got it right anyway.

It's supposed to be "you zhi zhe, shi jing cheng".

(That's in Standard Mandarin pronounciation.)

Yes I think he is Chinese too.

We have had a lot of "pretend" Chinese trolls recently on this forum, like "PAC MAN".

So the name "Chinaownseverything" (China clearly does NOT own everything), and his lack of knowledge about modern China, set the alarm bells ringing.

But if he is an ABC, that might explain it.

Well he may very well be entering his rebellion phrase right now. Probably has to put up with a bunch of ignorant people with skewed views of China and needs to compensate for it somehow. Luckily I've got many American friends who have a far deeper understanding of the scenario than the "evil commie" tripe the media has been feeding us.

Back
Top Bottom