What's new

When is PAF getting our next JF17 Block II Squadron?

The additional JF17 Block II purchase was to raise an additional sqdrn. Nothing to do with Block III delays.
Thunder Bravo has been delayed though, since it now is expected to be a strike A/C rather than a mere two seat version.

The additional JF17 Block II purchase was to raise an additional sqdrn. Nothing to do with Block III delays.
Thunder Bravo has been delayed though, since it now is expected to be a strike A/C rather than a mere two seat version.
Awesome it will put cold water on JH7

Samungli Air base holds F-7 PG squadron and F-7 PG needs to be replaced after F7-P's have been retired, where as a JF-17 squadron was needed in the region. So instead of of retiring F-7 PG's, PAF put up a new squadron of JF-17. In the past, No.17 Squadron was also based there which flies F-7 PG.

Thats an OCU squadron, will it be re-equipped with JF-17 B ?
JF17Bs aren't really in serial production for now, but no harm in gathering 4 odd prototypes and making up the rest of sqdn with JF17A.

Well that is why Pakistan has to think of making more Factories for Aircraft production so every province has a Factory

• 2 Sites for JF17 Block I , Block II (New)
  • 1 Site for JF17 Block IIB (New)
  • 1 Site for JF17 Block I, II export orders (New)
  • 1 Site for JF17 Service (Service Center)

Expectation was another or last one f7 sqn ie no 18 will convert with 12 additional block 2 ordered and 2 dual seaters totaling 14 but I guess no news is good news, last 2018 sep 7 program did disclose 7 jf sqn in place but no official news or Ceremony so no clue which is the 7th sqn

@8:50

Last edited:
JF17Bs aren't really in serial production for now, but no harm in gathering 4 odd prototypes and making up the rest of sqdn with JF17A.
Funny, Myanmar Air Force were flying a JF-17B (variant) in a parade a couple of weeks back.

JF-17B.jpg

Here's the video ... look at 2:49:04

If PAF is not releasing actual number of related information, I guess they are doing a right thing in prevailing threat matrix particularly keeping in sight threats from East.

Yes.
Uncle Sam is pushing our easten neighbour. A war in this region would be the inciting point for a much greater war, with world powers jumping in the feast. SE asia would be lost in the process.

If PAF is not releasing actual number of related information, I guess they are doing a right thing in prevailing threat matrix particularly keeping in sight threats from East.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom