What's new

When did South China Sea become China's "core interest"?

How would China, or the rest of the world for that matter, react if Washington demanded that vessels traversing the Pacific Ocean first seek the permission of the United States? In fact, the UNCLOS definition of islands requires that they be inhabited and support an economy. 7 Because the American islands mentioned are inhabited, in some cases with robust economies, the American claim would be far stronger than China's claim to uninhabited islands and submerged reefs of the Spratly and Paracel archipelagos.

For its part, Beijing cannot demonstrate that Chinese ever inhabited the Spratly or Paracel Islands, because they are uninhabitable. There are no sources of fresh water, and these low and in some cases submerged features are seasonally exposed to the monsoons of the region. Today, the only permanent populations of these islands and reefs are military garrisons maintained at immense expense to their respective governments and at great personal risk to the members of the garrisons.

Beijing also cites various vague, questionable, and off-point historical writings supposedly dating back more than 2,000 years in its attempt to document its claimed sovereignty over the South China Sea. 8 Without doubt, Chinese explorers and fisherman sailed the South China Sea for thousands of years and recorded their exploits, but it is equally clear that the Chinese traditionally have viewed Hainan Island as the southernmost outpost of their civilization, certainly until the end of the 19th century. 9

Finally, ancient Chinese records do not nullify the rights of the indigenous Philippine, Malaysian, and Bruneian peoples. The ancestors of today's Filipinos, Malaysians, and Bruneians arrived on those archipelagos long before written Chinese history. They did not walk to those islands, so they must have sailed or paddled through both the Spratly and Paracel Islands to arrive where they are living today. Although the Spratly and Paracel Islands were too small for habitation, these people settled close to these islands and reefs and must be assumed to have fished and economically exploited them at least as much as the Chinese did.

source:

Paracel and Spratly Islands Forum: U.S. Role in South China Sea Dispute

You cannot be more wrong. Currently Yangshao and Hongshan cultures provide the earliest evidence for the origin of feng shui. Feng Shui had its roots in yellow river civilization. Kinh Dich is I-Ching in Chinese, nice try in trying to make it sound more viet.
Feng Shui and Kinh Dich don't originate from Chinese civilization. Chinese dont know how and when they are invented and use for what exactly. At least Chinese scholars cannot prove why Fengshui and Kinh Dich originated from Chinese civilization. If you talk Hongshan culture provides earliest evidence of Feng shui, please post them here.

(sao min ko gui tin nhan dc meocoi, dao blv nhi. co gi gui thu giup minh vao tienvu27 a cong yahoo cham com dc ko, lam quen)

My ancestors were from Jiangsu and Zhejiang, and they called themselves Wuyue, but they were mostly in fact the Northern Han Chinese who have displaced the Baiyue tribes.

With many massive waves of Han Chinese immigration from Northern China from the different periods, and i doubt the Baiyue bloodline is still significant in the modern South China.

Wuyue in Vietnam we call Ngo Viet, a branch of our Viet.

china will do what it wants, when it wants to.

vietnam is a chinese colony.

the entire south china sea is chinese territory. thats final.

this is exactly why the no first use nuclear policy is so stupid.

if vietnam ever cross the line, they will pay the ultimate price.

vietnam needs to be taught a lesson that they will never forget for the next thousand years.

vietnam needs to be taught a lesson that they will never forget for the next thousand years.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
How old are you? 10?
I love childish thought :rofl:

Good to know some of the thinking of Chinese.

Feng Shui and Kinh Dich don't originate from Chinese civilization. Chinese dont know how and when they are invented and use for what exactly. At least Chinese scholars cannot prove why Fengshui and Kinh Dich originated from Chinese civilization. If you talk Hongshan culture provides earliest evidence of Feng shui, please post them here.

(sao min ko gui tin nhan dc meocoi, dao blv nhi. co gi gui thu giup minh vao tienvu27 a cong yahoo cham com dc ko, lam quen)

Lol, the Koreans also claim Feng Shui and Yi Jing were belong to theirs. So who is right? :rolleyes:

Lol, the Koreans also claim Feng Shui and Yi Jing were belong to theirs. So who is right? :rolleyes:

in Yi Jing or I CHing, we have this one, called Dui .

275px-Bagua-name-earlier.svg.png

Dui means swamp, not Lake , Korea don't have many swamp like VietNam, so how can it be so improtant to them ??

in Yi Jing or I CHing, we have this one, called Dui .

275px-Bagua-name-earlier.svg.png

Dui means swamp, not Lake , Korea don't have many swamp like VietNam, so how can it be so improtant to them ??

Come on, Feng Shui and Yi Jing are just pseudo-science invented by ancient people when they had few knowledge about surrounding world. They do not give much any impact on the modern science and life. Why do we have to spend a lot of efforts to claim who first discovered them?

Come on, Feng Shui and Yi Jing are just pseudo-science invented by ancient people when they had few knowledge about surrounding world. They do not give much any impact on the modern science and life. Why do we have to spend a lot of efforts to claim who first discovered them?
I said Nothing about Yi Jing or I CHing until ChineseTiger1986 question about it. He ask and I answer, tha's all bro.

btw: It proves that China and other Asia coutries copied many things from BaiYue's culture , not Vn copied from them.

I copied it and posted this comment into a forum in Vietnam, for Vietnam People know about real face of China.

Rechoice said:
I copied it and posted this comment into a forum in Vietnam, for Vietnam People know about real face of China.

Bro, jsut forget some mad man, China have 1,3 billion people, and a lot CHinese are very nice . Just bcz of the Govt propaganda making some of them become unnormal , thats' all.

Back
Top Bottom