What's new

What's this about J-20?

cannot wait to get actual capability of this beast .

So is it like F-15 Silent eagle ?

And alos have canards?

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

So is it like F-15 Silent eagle ?

And also have canards?

F-15 silent eagle? ROFL
J20 = 5th G

Many Chinese reports stated that j-xx itself is not an aircraft name rather it denotes a whole ongoing stealth program of China and the aircraft designations will be j-20,j-13 etc and these all come under j-xx designation

I still remember a Chinese member quoting that two stealth designs were proposed by Shenyang and Chengdu one was Tri-plane with canards and the other one was Delta wing with canard.The design of Shenyang was rejected for 5th generation while that of Chengdu was accepted .While now the Shenyang is working to make that proposed design as a 4.5 generation aircraft rather then 5th

EXACTLY. China has two fifth-generation stealth fighters, J-13 and J-14. The J-13 is for mulitrole strike while the J-14 will be air superiority. China currently has trouble building a true multirole aircraft, which is also why the Navy has two types of planes (J-10C and J-15) for carriers.

J-XX is a general name.

The 4.5-generation plane you are talking about is really a J-11 upgrade which fans call the J-16 (although others call it the J-11D). It's meant to supplement the J-13 and J-14.

J-13 and J-14 will simultaneously be fielded.

So you guys are saying these pics, this time, are the real deal?

Like with all supposed J-XX pictures it is blurry (hint hint). The front of the aircraft looks exactly like the F-22 and the rear looks like an SU-47.

Like with all supposed J-XX pictures it is blurry (hint hint). The front of the aircraft looks exactly like the F-22 and the rear looks like an SU-47.
The problem is these programs are guarded for secrecy. You can tell from seeing the zoomed out pics that some bloke is hiding in a bush and trying to take the pics.

Of course everyone wants to see hi-res pics so we can figure out if its real or not and of course figure out how mean does it look

This genuinely feels like the real deal this time. Other wise the hoaxer must've gone to great lengths getting pictures from every angle. Did the Su-47 have movable tail fins?

Wonderful achivement but really china is 3 years away from stealth a functional plane this could be a prototype

I mean excuse me if I sound like sleeping under a rock all this while, but when did J-XX start to be termed as J-20?

I'm seeing a lot of threads with J-20 this n that, but what is the official word from Chinese authorities?

the name of JXX is given by western intelligence for China's next generation fighter development program. J for "Jian" in chinese = "Fighter" in English. "XX"= unknown :lol:

J13/J14/J20... they are all speculative designations from the media, analyist, military fans, etc. Only PLAAF knows which one is real. possibilty does exist that they have decided which one to use. Anyway it's only about name

the name of JXX is given by western intelligence for China's next generation fighter development program. J for "Jian" in chinese = "Fighter" in English. "XX"= unknown :lol:

J13/J14/J20... they are all speculative designations from the media, analyist, military fans, etc. Only PLAAF knows which one is real. possibilty does exist that they have decided which one to use. Anyway it's only about name

It's a popular misconception that the J-XX/J-20 is only one aircraft. In fact, there are two stealth fighters, the J-13 and the J-14. They will be used at the same time. There was a rumor that the J-14 made its first flight in May.

J-13 is for strike while J-14 is for dogfights.

This genuinely feels like the real deal this time. Other wise the hoaxer must've gone to great lengths getting pictures from every angle. Did the Su-47 have movable tail fins?

The SU-47 did not have moving tails but with Photoshop anything is possible. The pictures of the J-XX could be real but I have some doubts. The above picture looks extremely similar to an SU-47 from the canopy back, firstly the overall shape of the fuselage is very similar to the SU-47, in particular the flat surface area on top the fuselage, the fuselage itself is also long and thin indicative of the SU-47. The engine nozzles and their placement is also similar to the SU-47, and as stated before the front of the aircraft resembles the F-22.

One more thing about the vertical tails, the far right tail looks larger then the left, perhaps the angle makes it appear this way but the pak-fa's tails seem consistent in size. And why is the aircraft painted if it's a prototype? Correct me if i'm wrong but Chinese aircraft are usually in yellow primer when in the development stage.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Chinese aircraft are usually in yellow primer when in the development stage.

The yellow painting is to protect the aircraft from oxigondize from the air.This time the colour is dark green because they used stealth absorbtion materials on it which tends to reduce the RCS.

Back
Top Bottom