What's new

What's stopping Pakistan from creating new provinces?

I like this formula for more provinces in Pakistan

Pakistan+New+Provinces.jpg

In my opinion they should have provinces with maximum geographical boundary of 50,000 square km. Thats large enough area to be maintained by 1 Chief Minister. Something similar to India did in Punjab region of India by dividing each region to about 50,000 square km to carve out Haryana and Arunchal Pradesh out of Punjab

There should be 14-18 provinces carved out of current 4 provinces and 3 territories of Pakistan and additional 3-4 provinces shown and officially recognised for Indian held Kashmir until or unless the resolution has been made and land boundaries are permanently defined

I don't understand if India in almost every newspaper claims to have border with Afghanistan and often counts the territories of Pakistan as her then why don't we do the same.

So basically 18 provinces from the existing geography of about 883,000 square kilometres and 3-4 provinces as held Kashmir.

Ps: I am aware of the legal reasons for not declaring AJK and GB as provinces of Pakistan but India has done the same, there should be clear stance about it and everybody should get equal rights in Pakistan

I created this map back in 2003. Many webistes are using this map. This a updated map with same prounces. I have posted the updated map in this forum few years ago.

31982882830_7c7a1a7bc9_b.jpg

15814207069_396fe2220a_b.jpg

15380583823_6ff37f9f09_o.jpg

15999527892_8bd180ed35_b.jpg

I also have 2 other proposals.

32209892862_1b84bddd81_b.jpg

Last edited:
I created this map back in 2003. Many webistes are using this map. This a updated map with same prounces. I have posted the updated map in this forum few years ago.

I also have 2 other proposals.
I am trying to create a map since last few weeks... which software is best for that any idea?

If Pakistan doesn't want to create too many new provinces, I think that it should at least reorganize these provinces in a way that makes more sense.

Here's my proposal:

NP.png

Last edited:
In a nation where we have likes of MQM ANP and other lunatics who feed on racial hatred it is the worst idea to give them all that power. It is better to have a stronger federal government.

If Pakistan doesn't want to create too many new provinces, I think that it should at least reorganize these provinces in a way that makes more sense. Here's my proposal:

View attachment 369000
I don't think that's a good idea, the provinces shouldn't be created along ethnic lines, it'd give more power to the separatists.

I don't think that's a good idea, the provinces shouldn't be created along ethnic lines, it'd give more power to the separatists.

I don't think so. I think one of the biggest things that embolden the separatists are the poorly drawn province lines. The current provinces actually encourage communal voting along ethnic lines, because each group is vying for power. By re-drawing the provinces along ethnic lines, communal parties would die because they would have compete for votes within their own ethnic group.

For example, the province of Balochistan has been drawn to include many Pashtun dominated areas. This has emboldened the BLA. Many ethnic Baloch feel that they are being overwhelmed by Pashtuns. If the province were re-drawn to be a Baloch dominated one, I think that the BLA would lose much of the little support that it has. The Baloch people would feel secure, and Pashtun leaders would no longer run the province.

Pasthuns themselves have many gripes. Their province is mangled and snakes along the border. If the Pashtun dominated areas were to be merged, I think that it would give them some peace as well. Politicians like Achakzai would have to compete with PTI and ANP, and it's unlikely that his party would win. The Hindokwan people too are ethnically Pashtun, but have their own culture and language that is closer to northern Punjabis (Pothwari). They have been agitating for separation for a while now.

In Sindh, Sindhis and Urdu-speakers have been fighting for power. Sindhis blindly vote for the terrible PPP and Urdu-speakers blindly vote for the terrible MQM. Each group always will vote for these two parties as long as they are in the same province. Rural Sindh controls Karachi, and the city gets neglected as a result. However, with Karachi growing rapidly, there might come a day where Karachi controls rural Sindh, and it will be neglected. The day Karachi is made into its own province, is the day the day that the MQM will die. It would break up into rival factions competing for power who would have to actually accomplish something to stay in office. No longer would it be able to rely on its Urdu-speaking vote bank. The same would be true for PPP in rural Sindh.

Punjab itself has some issues. Saraikis are a bit different from other Punjabis and people in southern Punjab often complain about the lack of attention that is shown to their part of the province. Punjab is so large now, it is hard to administer. Splitting it in two would help both parts, in my opinion.

I think that reorganizing the provinces would relieve most of the political infighting among ethnic groups.

New Provinces should include the following to begin with:
1. Karachi-Hyderabad
2. Southern Punjab ( Bhawalpur ).
3. Hazara
4. Chitral
5. Gilgit

We can create new provinces right after we expand into Afghan areas

greater-pakistan.jpg

New Territory from Afghan area should do well to Pakistan's geograpy

With new region integrated into Pakistan , it would be easier to distribute some of the heavy population areas evenly across the new regions

We have ample Afghan residents in Sindh/KPK or Baluchistan or Punjab , so only makes sense we get control of this Afghania privince and then distribute extra population evenly across

Bin Qasim Province could be an industrial oil/gas hub between Iran - Pakisan

North Area Province / KPK can help connect Pakistan to Central Asia as God intended

Benefits to Pakistan:
  • End of rouge region called Afghanistan not the people who speak language they get province
  • End of Terrorism from Afghanistan
  • Path to Central Asia
  • Bin Qasim province for some of the extra population to distribute
  • Afghans get political party & Pakistan Constitution
  • Travel of Afghan between KPK/Afghan area problem solved for ever
  • 8 Provinces roughly equal size with Bin Qasim province being the smallest and newest member
  • Permenent Stability on Western Pakistan Border
  • Oil Pipeline enters Pakistan from Central Asia
  • STRONG NUCLEAR UMBERELLA for all provinces and Strong Single Armed force
  • We create 5 new airbases in the new provinces Afghania/ Bin Qasim
  • 5 New military Basis in new provinces of Afghania / Bin Qasim

• EXPAND THE TERRITORY & Create new provinces

United Provinces of Pakistan (UPP)

Last edited:

View attachment 369027

With new region integrated into Pakistan , it would be easier to distribute some of the heavy population areas evenly across the new regions
This is an unrealistic pipedream.

What's stopping the Pakistani government from creating new provinces? What provinces do you suggest should be created?
Our beloved feudal system. 4 province , 4 culture and 4 nationalist. But Punjab need to divided due extreme growth in population and dry lands of South need fertility. Bahawal pur state need to reinstated, then Sariki province.

View attachment 369027

We have ample Afghan residents in Sindh/KPK or Baluchistan or Punjab , so only makes sense we get control of this Afghania privince and then distribute extra population evenly across

Bin Qasim Province could be an industrial oil/gas hub between Iran - Pakisan

North Area Province / KPK can help connect Pakistan to Central Asia as God intended

Benefits to Pakistan:
  • End of rouge region called Afghanistan not the people who speak language they get province
  • End of Terrorism from Afghanistan
  • Path to Central Asia
  • Bin Qasim province for some of the extra population to distribute
  • Afghans get political party & Pakistan Constitution
  • Travel of Afghan between KPK/Afghan area problem solved for ever
  • 8 Provinces roughly equal size with Bin Qasim province being the smallest and newest member
  • Permenent Stability on Western Pakistan Border
  • Oil Pipeline enters Pakistan from Central Asia
  • STRONG NUCLEAR UMBERELLA for all provinces and Strong Single Armed force
  • We create 5 new airbases in the new provinces

• EXPAND THE TERRITORY & Create new provinces

United Provinces of Pakistan (UPP)

You're going to trigger the Indians hordes on this forum so bad. :omghaha::omghaha:

No Advance country in world !!! Today who call themselves as developed have a region of "CHAOS" in their backyard. We have been made ***** for last 25-30 years to have this
HELL hole in our backyard which has continued to kill our economy

• Pakistan -> Have Afghanistan Region holding our progress for last 25 years
  • Turkey -> Have Kurds and Now Syria. been hindering Turkey's progress now

It is 100% natural for both the nations to Claim their respective rouge unclaimed regions

• Pakistan have mechanized Tanks
  • Pakistan have Armed soldiers
  • Pakistan have airforce

Neutralize the Area where the Snakes are coming out from, this issue of snakes emerging from that area into our region will continue no matter how big of a wall we will have the problem is the idealogical base in Afghanistan (Territory / rouge region)

A controlled and civilized Afghania Province with Pakistan is good for Whole Region

If I had a choice to choose between Guys on horses with AK-47 Or being protected by Pakistan Army , and future Afghania Pakistan Corps (Trained by Pakistan Army), not to mention being closely aligned with CPEC benefits

Why on god given hell I would want to not want to be member of Afghania province

• Karzai should be given a Ultimatum , Join the federation or apply for Assylum

Joining Pakistan as a province will solidify the people of afghan's future away from stuff like ISIS

Last edited:
New Provinces should include the following to begin with:
1. Karachi-Hyderabad
2. Southern Punjab ( Bhawalpur ).
3. Hazara
4. Chitral
5. Gilgit

I don't believe in patching the current system. I believe in revamping the whole system which will bring proper checks and balances. Riyasat can't survive with this corrupt mafia and with their massive corruptions and money laundering.

System has to be with proper checks and balances.
1) We need to introduce proper checks and balances.
2) Free FBR, FIA, Election commission and judicial system from political influence.
3) Decentralize the power down to union council level. From Federal to Provincial to district to union council.
4) cut down government overhead by introducing technology and automation.
5) Revamp judicial, political and Economic system.
6) once the power is decentralized, we can create more administrative units.

Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, KPK, Northern Area needs to have more administrative units BUT Nawaz & Zardari will never allow more administrative units, maller provinces mean END of their corrupt politics.

Government must push for decentralization of power from federal -> province -> division -> districts -> union council level, and once this is completed then we can talk about more administrative units.

Federal government :
National security (national defense, Ports, Airports, border Security)
Economy - Trade (international and interprovincial trade)
Banking & Currency
Foreign Affairs
Criminal Laws
Social Welfare
Health
Universities and tertiary education
Primary and secondary education
Laws and order
Water Supply

Province government:

Law Enforcement (Provincial police and Highway police)
Education
Health Care
Tourism
Direct Taxation
Labour laws
Public Works

Division government:
Serves as a custodian of all records for the District Courts.
Indexes and secures all court records, collects filing fees.
maintenance of public works
maintenance of roads and public parks.
Water and wastewater maintenance,
vehicle registration, property tax office.
Schools district (pre-k to 10 grade).

City government: Adopt ordinances, resolutions, policies and regulations for the health, safety and welfare of the current and future inhabitants of the City.

Establish policies for the effective and efficient delivery of municipal services to the City.

Adopt master plans for water, wastewater, storm drainage, parks, municipal facilities to guide the City’s future development of critical infrastructure.

Promote good relations with federal, provincial, division, dustrict, and other municipal government agencies.
The Mayor and City Council will take an active role in working with appropriate officials on Inter-jurisdictional issues and regional problems affecting the residents of the city.

Fire Station
City Transportation

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom