What's new

What's holding back Bangladesh?

You tried to grab land from Buddhists, doesn't end well .... Hint- Rohingya

North east people are mostly Christians not peaceful Buddhists or Hindus. :enjoy:

We never even accepted Rohingyas, let alone their land.

No one said Northeast people has to welcome us. :D

There has been some good discussion here, but I guess it's time this thread is closed as well.
@WAJsal I think this thread is going to turn into a bashing contest based on the last few posts. Closing it could be a good preventive measure.

You tried to grab land from Buddhists, doesn't end well .... Hint- Rohingya

North east people are mostly Christians not peaceful Buddhists or Hindus. :enjoy:
Keep clam...

And dont worry, we will take care of them just like our CHT. "No dead body found, no murder happened" style. :D

Does Bangladesh have an enemy? The regional war situation.

I think it's okay.

And why are you doing military purchases? Small country 170 million, no one will occupy you. There is no underground source.

Who wants to get in trouble? It must be crazy.

With 170 million people dynamism, 2030 could be $ 1 trillion.

I think it's okay.

And why are you doing military purchases?
In world politics, every country is a potential enemy. That being said, it's really good that we don't have much dispute with any country. That however can always change. So, its necessary to keep the military ready................but our military is so backdated that it will take many many years, tonnes of money and effort to modernize. But we have to start somewhere. Hence a few defense purchase.

Small country 170 million, no one will occupy you. There is no underground source.

That's a good point. The country is damn small for 170 million. And not rich is natural resources either. So, I don't think anyone would want to put money and effort to attack Bangladesh.

That is the goal, mister. Hopefully we can achieve it. It is necessary to put more emphasis on economic growth than military power. With more money it is possible to buy more advanced weapons. And it is also easier to put forward more funding to R&D. So, improving the economy would eventually help to improve the military as well.

I think it's okay.

And why are you doing military purchases? Small country 170 million, no one will occupy you. There is no underground source.

I don't know. Maybe to replace the aging equipment(?)

It's a dumb question nonetheless.

Last edited:
BD's positive features:

• extremely homogeneous society
• single language
• cheap labor
• good English skills
• no internal wars or rebellions
• authoritarian leadership to implement much needed reforms regardless of public resistance
• no major natural disasters occurred
• access to the global markets via Indian Ocean
• big consumer markets like India, China, ASEAN in close proximity
• etc.

You have clearly everything that is needed to become another Asian success story, still BD falls short of expectations. But why exactly? Only professional opinions, please.
BD achieved its independence in 1971, give it time

Back
Top Bottom