What's new

Whatever

I would highly recommend police as a career for young British Pakistanis. Many who join the service go on to reach very high ranks. There are Assistant Chief Commisioners of Pakistani heritage in UK. It would be nice to see even more people like Chief Superintendant Mab Hussain.

Down to PC Arfan Rahouf

And PC Tanveer Hussain

The Germans are copying the British Police decals - going from green to British style.

13965925741_2293f4bc39_b.jpg

20574847684_68f867d428_b.jpg

Last edited:
@Kaptaan Do you know how are Pakistanis joining the Police seen by their fellows ? Good,bad ? Both ? Suspicion?
I know that over here,immigrants joining the Police,are sometimes literally seen as traitors by their fellows and they are some who literally had to move to other locations because of the threats.

I know that the Swedes,have adopted the same concept.

1024px-VW_Passat_Swedish_Police_Car_001.jpg

They are. But look at Germany now !Watching from the other side of the border,really hurts.

3927920d28.jpg

7ece0659f3.jpg

aed1c630c7.jpg

3936953d61.jpg

b23472a545.jpg

a348d14b7b.jpg
They're are in a different league altogether (i guess perks of being a country who owns and produces majority of car brands) but i don't understand why European emergency vehicles have terrible lighting setup and sirens i mean just compare this.
with this
Why European countries don't adopt something similar to the American sirens?

joining the Police seen by their fellows ?
Well, by vast majority of the community (that matters) it is seen with respect and honourable profession. Large number of Pakistani's are small businessmen and this group always are pro police. Pakistani community see pay lot of respect to anything that conveys power or wealth. However there is small fringe (young gangsta types) who look down on the police but I think that is similar to the mainstream community which also has small fringe who look down on the police. However again I think this hostility is nothing like say you get in USA. That is probably because of the very cautious policing that is hallmark of UK police - again many would disagree but I know relative to most forces abroad UK police is seen more as a service.

However I think service in the military does carry lot more negative connotations. I think joining the army might elicit the response that you alluded to. I think that is because of the Iraq and Afghan wars. That said however we still have the credit of having one of our own reaching the highest rank achieved by any ethnic minority in UK - a British Pakistan admiral in the Royal Navy.

http://www.mosaicnetwork.co.uk/rear-admiral-amjad-hussain-cb/

Thanks for recommending this!! Haven't seen this one yet, will do so for sure.

Have you people seen Unbroken and Beneath Hill 60?
Saw them both yesterday, both are good.

@The Sandman @Nilgiri
Have watched Unbroken was a good movie liked it have you guys watched "The great raid"? it is also based on a real story.

@The Sandman @Nilgiri
No problemo!

These two are actually new to me. Will definitely check them out when i have the time. Thanks for mentioning them.

I worked at the set of Hacksaw Ridge lol.......as a technical advisor
Nice! I'm sure it was a great experience. Did you get to meet Mel Gibson himself? Is he as cooky as the media makes him out to be? (i hope not. The guy's a talented director.)

@The Sandman @Nilgiri

Will have to give those two a try.

Have watched Unbroken was a good movie liked it have you guys watched "The great raid"? it is also based on a real story.

Looked this one up, and realised I watched it (just forgot the name)....yeah good movie overall. AFAIK they worked with quite a few real life guys that were there to get it as accurate as possible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom