What's new

Whatever

I am in mood for some regional cinema and thinking of watching some Bengali stuff. The content being churned out by Indian Bengalis has plummeted to pseudo intellectual crap level. Bangladeshi members please suggest something good from your country, that is available on Youtube. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime too but can't find any BD stuff there. Something with subtitles will be good. I can understand only about 30% Bangla.

@Bengal71 @Homo Sapiens @bluesky @UKBengali @Destranator and others
I was fond of good cinemas produced in Kolkata, Bombay, Lahore, and then also Dhaka. Dhaka was producing better movies compared to Lahori ones sometime after 1960.

Producers from west Pakistan would come to Dhaka and contract Dhaka and Lahore artists to work together in Urdu films. There was also Ehtesham in Dhaka who produced many good movies. Chanda is an Urdu film produced by him.

Unfortunately, I could not find links to any of the old Dhaka movies, Bengali and Urdu. I also forgot also the titles. Someone else can provide them.

Pakistan might soon lose her atomic teeth. Pakistanis abhi nahi uthy, tu phir chahy na uthain.

I am in mood for some regional cinema and thinking of watching some Bengali stuff. The content being churned out by Indian Bengalis has plummeted to pseudo intellectual crap level. Bangladeshi members please suggest something good from your country, that is available on Youtube. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime too but can't find any BD stuff there. Something with subtitles will be good. I can understand only about 30% Bangla.

@Bengal71 @Homo Sapiens @bluesky @UKBengali @Destranator and others
Unfortunately, Bangla movie production is very less (COVID-19 taken a toll as well) due to shortage of screens. During 1990s, around 1400 cinema hall existed, now it has came down to mere 100. The reasons being lack of quality movies made by Bangladeshi producers, lack of investment in upgrading cinema halls, cinema hall owners can not fill the gap by importing Indian cinemas as Indian cinemas are banned in Bangladesh, while Hollywood movies have limited audience and Multiplex based. Recently movies are being released in OTT platform. You can subscribe to OTT platforms. Unfortunately, Bangladeshi movies can not be found in Netflix or Amazon prime, nor can be download from torrent sites. This is a very small industry in Bangladesh recently trying to make a come back.

I can only posts here trailers of some of the popular recent movies in Bangladesh to give you a hint of what kind of movies are now being made in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Which one?
Screenshot_20220802_003508.jpg

The one with no reasons given as to why it was deleted.
What am I supposed to do here?

CDs are starting to make a comeback.

I've been picking up a lot of them on eBay for nearly dirt cheap.

Won't be like that in a few short years.

Just a friendly FYI

Back
Top Bottom