What's new

What Tianhe-3 Should/Could of been

lmao this Viet talks about science. Vietnam has worse science than Kenya. To start thinking about beating China, you have to first beat Kenya.

Truth hurts doesn't it? I get it. Kenya has far better Education than you. LOL

Truth hurts doesn't it? I get it. Kenya has far better Education than you. LOL

what truth? China is 2nd largest producer of science and I'm a scientist. I don't see nany Viets in science in the US. It's whites Americans, Chinese, Koreans, Russians and Indians. Vietnamese are more likely to go into the nail salon business.

Sourgraped spotted. South vietnamese loser can only cried at advancement of Chinese technology. :lol:
I don't understand why south Vietnamese or overseas Vietnamese in general still possess positive feelings for the people who forced them to leave?

Smart overseas Vietnamese would favour China.

I don't understand why south Vietnamese or overseas Vietnamese in general still possess positive feelings for the people who forced them to leave?

They in fact, hate both. He love the west so much, they are willing to go for plastic surgery to look pure Aryan. Just a bunch of losers.

what truth? China is 2nd largest producer of science and I'm a scientist. I don't see nany Viets in science in the US. It's whites Americans, Chinese, Koreans, Russians and Indians. Vietnamese are more likely to go into the nail salon business.

That's the problem, you can't see the truth with your mind. Nail salon is famous world wide and a 30 billion dollar industry. About 10 billion alone in the US. Even China worship that business. So will your gf/wife. Try not to lose your mind and say ignorant garbage. :cheesy:

When you say science. There's no real science in China. Stealing technologies from the US is no science. I'm not dissing China, just the way you talk it makes you look very ignorant.

Russia, EU, US, Japan and Canada are more recognized for its research and science. Not China.

No thanks. Even the Canadian/American Chinese don't want to go back to China. LOL!

the next generation computer will be :mimic computing, it is living computer which the west doesnot have now.

拟态计算定义:mimic computing
以实现高效能计算为目的,计算结构作为高阶函数,在任务处理的全过程中通过感知自变量动态的选择或生成应用问题的最佳解算结构集合。计算结构的函数化是拟态计算的本质。

世界首台拟态计算机在沪诞生[东方新闻]—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看
世界首台拟态计算机在沪诞生

Dude, It actually does not matter how many CPU were there in a super computer, what matter most is core and threads, which 1 core process 1 task at the CPU refresh rate, and 1 thread carry each single task into the processor.

If you have less CPU and more core but with less computed task done, that means the "interfacing" (Shoving task into core) is not quick enough or the bus does not support the same parallel process to the processor.

When you compare Tianhe-2 to DOE Titan. Tainhe-2 Have 32,000 Intel E5-2692 12 Core Processor. And 48,000 Intel Xeon Phi 31S1P 57 Core Processor, which give Tianhe-2 a Total of 3,120,000 core pure processor power. Which mean at given rate clock, Tianhe can process 3,120,000 process at the same time. And the peak performance is 52.7PFlop

While Titan run on 18,688 AMD Opteron 6274 16 Core CPU, and 18688 Nvidia Tesla K20x 12 Core GP, which give the titan just 560,640 Core pure processor power. Which mean at given clock rate, the computer can refresh 560,640 task at the same time, (Which is about 1/6 of Tianhe-2 Processing power) but it give a whopping 27PFlop speed.

The implication is huge, While more processor and more processor core means more Voltage to be consume, the space and maintenance effect is shorten and which mean the supercomputer is a lot easier to service and did not drain a lot of power.

Another advantage on this is that while the Chinese supercomputer uses pure muscle (Processing power) by denoting a large number of core to processing. Which mean the expansion of the system would determine how the software interconnecting those hardware, which limit the number of hardware it can interconnect. But with Titan, the software control multiplied the system speed and with less physical hardware connected to the supercomputer (1/6 of the size of Tianhe-2 hardware) the upgrade of titan is not so much bounded by the physical limit. And given if Titan uses the same physical processing power to the Tianhe-2 counterpart, the system will be 2 times as fast as Tianhe-2 while Tianhe-2 would need 4 times as much as physical hardware to get to that level.
Cores and Cores are not the same.
Intel E5-2692 12 Core Processor 2.7GHz
Intel Xeon Phi 31S1P 57 Core Processor 1.10 GHz
AMD Opteron 6274 16 Core CPU 2.20GHz
Nvidia Tesla K20x 12 Core GP 2.7GHz

You can't say like, I have 5 bottles * 3L water, I can provide 15 people. You have 30 bottles * 1L water, you can provide 30 people. My water(3 people per bottle) is 3 times more effect than yours(1 people per bottle).

There are many better ways to compare these two.

Last edited:
Cores and Cores are not the same.
Intel E5-2692 12 Core Processor 2.7GHz
Intel Xeon Phi 31S1P 57 Core Processor 1.10 GHz
AMD Opteron 6274 16 Core CPU 2.20GHz
Nvidia Tesla K20x 12 Core GP 2.7GHz

You can't say like, I have 5 bottles * 3L watter, I can provide 15 people. You have 30 bottles * 1L watter, you can provide 30 people. My watter(3 people per bottle) is 3 times more effect than yours(1 people per bottle).

There are many better ways to compare these two.

actually, the core are the same power. I wasn't gonna go deep into the system for a blow to blow comparison and just giving people a ball park figure, but seems to me there are no choice but to go into detail. I am going to use Core Frequency, Bus Width and Threads to calculate computing power on each of the heads up.

Part 1 - E5-2692 2.7Ghz vs Opteron 6274 2.20GHz

Tianhe-2 32000 x E5-2692 spec
Core Frequency - 2.2GHz (2.7 Turbo)

Bus Width - 5GTs
Core : 12
Threads : 24 (Hyper-threaded)
Cache - 12-12-30

Intel Xeon E5-2692 v2 - CM8063501452600

Titan 18688 x Opteron 6274 spec
Core Frequency - 2.2Ghz (2.5 Ghz full core mode)
Bus Width - 6.4 GTs (2x3.2 GTs)
Core : 16

Threads : 16
Cache : 8/16-16-16

AMD Opteron 6274 - OS6274WKTGGGU / OS6274WKTGGGUS / OS6274WKTGGGUWOF

One look at the general spec. E5-2692 is clearly the winner. At 2.7 GHz, and 5 GT simultaneous transaction bus, and carry with 24 thread, the each threads can carry 5Gig transfer per second. Each core (2 threads each) could process 27 Gig (27 x 2^30) instruction per second. A single E5-2692 12 cores CPU would mean 324Gig (324 x 2^30) instruction per second.

While on the other hand Opteron 6274 at 2.5Ghz at 6.5GTs and 16 core with 1 thread each. A single Processor with 16 core would mean 260Gig instruction per second E5 beats Opteron 274 at about ( 1 : 1.2) in performance
Part 2 Xeon Phi 31S1P vs Nvidia K20X

Tianhe-2 48,000 Xeon Phi 31S1P

Core Frequency - 1.1Ghz
Memory per board 8GB
Max Memory Channel : 16
Core : 57

Titan - 18688 Nvidia K-20X
Core frequency - 2.6 Ghz
Memory Per board - 6GB
Max Memory Channel : 24

In this comparison, the Xeon Phi is a little ahead, While it have more (1/4 more to be exact) memory, it have 1/4 channel that balance out the memory for processing. However, at 57 cores @1.1Ghz, it would easily beats K-20X in term of computing power (57 cores @1.1 would mean 62.7GHz per processor for Xeon Phi, vs 31.2Ghz per processor for K-20X at a ratio of roughly 1:2 in performance

In this comparison Tianhe-2 have 32000 E5 and 48000 Xeon Phi on 18688 Opteron and 18688 K-20X (at about 1: 2 and 1:3 respectively) But the top speed for Titan is only half of that with Tianhe-. Which if we simply on computing power, Tianhe-2 could easily be 4 times faster than Titan.

actually, the core are the same power. I wasn't gonna go deep into the system for a blow to blow comparison and just giving people a ball park figure, but seems to me there are no choice but to go into detail. I am going to use Core Frequency, Bus Width and Threads to calculate computing power on each of the heads up.

Part 1 - E5-2692 2.7Ghz vs Opteron 6274 2.20GHz

Tianhe-2 32000 x E5-2692 spec
Core Frequency - 2.2GHz (2.7 Turbo)

Bus Width - 5GTs
Threads : 24 (Hyper-threaded)
Cache - 12-12-30

Intel Xeon E5-2692 v2 - CM8063501452600

Titan 18688 x Opteron 6274 spec
Core Frequency - 2.2Ghz (2.5 Ghz full core mode)
Bus Width - 6.4 GTs (2x3.2 GTs)
Core : 16

Threads : 16
Cache : 8/16-16-16

AMD Opteron 6274 - OS6274WKTGGGU / OS6274WKTGGGUS / OS6274WKTGGGUWOF

One look at the general spec. E5-2692 is clearly the winner. At 2.7 GHz, and 5 GT simultaneous transaction bus, and carry with 24 thread, the each threads can carry 5Gig transfer per second. Each core (2 threads each) could process 27 Gig (27 x 2^30) instruction per second. A single E5-2692 12 cores CPU would mean 324Gig (324 x 2^30) instruction per second.

While on the other hand Opteron 6274 at 2.5Ghz at 6.5GTs and 16 core with 1 thread each. A single Processor with 16 core would mean 260Gig instruction per second E5 beats Opteron 274 at about ( 1 : 1.2) in performance
Part 2 Xeon Phi 31S1P vs Nvidia K20X

Tianhe-2 48,000 Xeon Phi 31S1P

Core Frequency - 1.1Ghz
Memory per board 8GB
Max Memory Channel : 16
Core : 57

Titan - 18688 Nvidia K-20X
Core frequency - 2.6 Ghz
Memory Per board - 6GB
Max Memory Channel : 24

In this comparison, the Xeon Phi is a little ahead, While it have more (1/4 more to be exact) memory, it have 1/4 channel that balance out the memory for processing. However, at 57 cores @1.1Ghz, it would easily beats K-20X in term of computing power (57 cores @1.1 would mean 62.7GHz per processor for Xeon Phi, vs 31.2Ghz per processor for K-20X at a ratio of roughly 1:2 in performance

In this comparison Tianhe-2 have 32000 E5 and 48000 Xeon Phi on 18688 Opteron and 18688 K-20X (at about 1: 2 and 1:3 respectively) But the top speed for Titan is only half of that with Tianhe-. Which if we simply on computing power, Tianhe-2 could easily be 4 times faster than Titan.

Unbenannt.JPG

I think Tianhe-2 has no way easily to be 4 times faster than Titan.
Where are Nvidia K-20X's 1.31 and 90% from:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/tesla/pdf/tesla-kseries-overview-lr.pdf

View attachment 274821
I think Tianhe-2 has no way easily to be 4 times faster than Titan.
Where are Nvidia K-20X's 1.31 and 90% from:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/tesla/pdf/tesla-kseries-overview-lr.pdf

The table is incorrect.

E5-2692 have 12 core 24 threads with hyper threading. Threads goes with core, you must have at least the same number of threads to the core otherwise the circuit will not be complete

And you cannot compare side by side for Processor to Co-processor. Processor is located within the C/B hubs, while CO-Processor are existed in PCI card. Many of the specification between processor and co-processor is different, for example, since Co-Processor using PCIe Bus, the bus width are the same and there will be no thread involved as they are connected to the PCI Bus in parallel

And Finally, according to AMD and Oak Ridge, Opteron 6274 have 141GFlop peak, not 563

http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/su...SB005-Bland-Titan-Oak-Ridge-National-Labs.pdf

The core computing power are based with the matrix of instruction calculated per second per processor, and I have already made my calculation.

Last edited:
That's the problem, you can't see the truth with your mind. Nail salon is famous world wide and a 30 billion dollar industry. About 10 billion alone in the US. Even China worship that business. So will your gf/wife. Try not to lose your mind and say ignorant garbage.

10 billion dollars is peanuts compared to Chinese electronics, steel, shipbuilding, finance and software industries lol. It's not my duty to educate you but just google "scientific publication rankings". Vietnam is next to Kenya, China is next to US.

10 billion dollars is peanuts compared to Chinese electronics, steel, shipbuilding, finance and software industries lol. It's not my duty to educate you but just google "scientific publication rankings". Vietnam is next to Kenya, China is next to US.

10 billion dollars is a lot to feed many Chinese families. If it's nothing to you then why do Chinese got into the Nail Salon businesses? Don't worry about Vietnam. Focus on your own economy and you know fair well that it will collapse in a decade or so. I'll be watching you on here talking garbage. But remind me to send you a box of chocolate. Okay? LOL!

10 billion dollars is a lot to feed many Chinese families. If it's nothing to you then why do Chinese got into the Nail Salon businesses? Don't worry about Vietnam. Focus on your own economy and you know fair well that it will collapse in a decade or so. I'll be watching you on here talking garbage. But remind me to send you a box of chocolate. Okay? LOL!

lol 10 billion is 10 dollars per Chinese. I recognize that it is big money to Viets since there are no multi billion dollar companies in Vietnam. Nothing in Vietnam has the title of "world's biggest", "world's richest" or "world's best". Not even pho. The best pho is in San Francisco made by a Chinese-Vietnamese.

I am so secure in China's economy that I have the luxury to think about other economies. China's economy doesn't suffer hyperinflation and the currency is actually trusted.

lol 10 billion is 10 dollars per Chinese. I recognize that it is big money to Viets since there are no multi billion dollar companies in Vietnam. Nothing in Vietnam has the title of "world's biggest", "world's richest" or "world's best". Not even pho. The best pho is in San Francisco made by a Chinese-Vietnamese.

I am so secure in China's economy that I have the luxury to think about other economies. China's economy doesn't suffer hyperinflation and the currency is actually trusted.

10 dollars is a lot to some Chinese. Maybe not to you and me. But it is for some people. Okay?

Why do you care only world's best? There's also world's worst. Records can be broken. Yolo.

Are you sure that the best pho is in San Fran? Pho tastes almost the same at most restaurants. Homemade is best.

There's a female in Vietnam whose net worth is a few billion in USD. A lot of rich corrupted Vietnamese officials in Vietnam but many poor people. Same as China. What I can say is China has a better per Capita than Vietnam.

Pho to go please.

Back
Top Bottom