What's new

What students are being taught about the separation of East Pakistan

Your links do not prove that it doesn't happen anywhere else.

How ludicrous!!! Can you *PROVE* that no hate is dispensed by any school teacher against Pakistan/Muslims/Christians etc. anywhere in India?

To make the claim that "students are being taught" falsehoods and conspiracy theories at a large scale, as the headline here does, is a completely different contention from the one you have now been reduced to.

Don't act like an authority on the Pakistani educational system. How many schools have you been to in Pakistan?

As for Markus' comment, PTV isn't the only channel in Pakistan and I would say that despite being the Government owned channel, PTV is still a lot more balanced than many Indian private channels I've seen. Pakistan's television channels don't hold back as far as their commentary goes; whether the discussion is about an event in national history, an individual or an institution.

Pakistanis see news from Indian TV channels. How many Pakistani TV channels are allowed in India? Please don't skirt around the issue of "allowed", by the way, in your responses to this comment. I've discussed the media/textbook situation with my Indian friends here before and it always ends up the same way... your knowledge of what goes on inside Pakistan is unfortunately informed primarily by your biases - which are ironically created in your country, by your own media, books, etc. - and by a subsequent piecemealing of what is published in the international/local/pakistani/indian press.

You have to see things objectively and in totality if you want to arrive at an informed opinion. If all you want to do is mudsling, then yes, one article, one quote, one word and one line are sufficient armament.

You're going way off topic Mr. Moderator.

How ludicrous!!! Can you *PROVE* that no hate is dispensed by any school teacher against Pakistan/Muslims/Christians etc. anywhere in India?

Strawman argument. Bringing India and Indian education won't help the discussion.

To make the claim that "students are being taught" falsehoods and conspiracy theories at a large scale, as the headline here does, is a completely different contention from the one you have now been reduced to.

No it is not. You disagreewith the author but you fail to provide me a reason as to why I should trust you and not the author.

Didnt india teach nationalistic flavoured history like defining 1857 mutiny as 1st war of independence.where in reality it was just rebelion in small pockets of UP/bihar/bengal.Sikhs and gorkhas never supported it and south was as peaceful as ever.Dont they teach highly emotive poetry of subhadra kumari chauhan etc under language to the secondary kids.

And you're venturing into troll territory. Please be warned.

Sure. I shall be careful.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Didnt india teach nationalistic flavoured history like defining 1857 mutiny as 1st war of independence.where in reality it was just rebelion in small pockets of UP/bihar/bengal.Sikhs and gorkhas never supported it and south was as peaceful as ever.Dont they teach highly emotive poetry of subhadra kumari chauhan etc under language to the secondary kids.

And what has that to do with this thread?

PTV isn't the only channel in Pakistan and I would say that despite being the Government owned channel, PTV is still a lot more balanced than many Indian private channels I've seen. Pakistan's television channels don't hold back as far as their commentary goes; whether the discussion is about an event in national history, an individual or an institution.

We cannot compare govt. channels with private channels.

The sole purpose of most private channels is to earn "profit" by hook or by crook. Even if that means sensationalizing news and feeding to the public whatever suits them. Government channels should be the last ones to follow this path.

Secondly, govt. channels is a media instrument of the state, they propagate views of the state. In that context, spreading fake propaganda for the sole purpose of brainwashing ur own countrymen is disgusting.

Most of the times, Pakistanis curse Indian private channels but never has anyone voiced their dissent against Indian govt channel Doordarshan.

Pakistanis see news from Indian TV channels. How many Pakistani TV channels are allowed in India? Please don't skirt around the issue of "allowed", by the way, in your responses to this comment. I've discussed the media/textbook situation with my Indian friends here before and it always ends up the same way... your knowledge of what goes on inside Pakistan is unfortunately informed primarily by your biases - which are ironically created in your country, by your own media, books, etc. - and by a subsequent piecemealing of what is published in the international/local/pakistani/indian press.

You have to see things objectively and in totality if you want to arrive at an informed opinion. If all you want to do is mudsling, then yes, one article, one quote, one word and one line are sufficient armament.

The part in bold is so untrue in today's world. We now have access to the Internet whereby we can reach out to sources of multiple countries incl. Pakistan. And just to point out, the leading news agencies of all countries have agreements with each other whereby they can simply copy paste content which they develop for themselves. For eg. Dawn can simply copy-paste some thing interesting from ToI and vice-versa, they have copyright permission. But I am not pointing on that, I am pointing at the source, the content creation itself. The fake Wikileaks episode just a small pointer to something similar which has been going in Pakistan for long.

Bringing India and Indian education won't help the discussion.

It certainly helps me understand the biases that cause you to act like you do.

No it is not. You disagreewith the author but you fail to provide me a reason as to why I should trust you and not the author.

Actually, if you had actually read the thread and even your own posts earlier, you were supplied links to syllabi which contradict the very broad and incorrect claims made in this thread. The thing is, evidence is of no relevance to someone who is merely interested in trolling. Which is exactly what you are doing here.

If you understand the meaning of the word "mutiny", you wouldn't have written all of the above, seriously !

I have been educated in Pakistan and I knew our history as it happened, though there might be some inaccuracies as part of state intervention in the curriculum, however you would find that many people know what occured, who was responsible and how things have played out overs the years.

By repeating such articles to heal some deep seated insecurities, all you can achieve is more enmity then actual focus on solving the problems at hand.

Great use of smileys btw, shows what you are interested in doing on this fora.

I have been educated in Pakistan and I knew our history as it happened, though there might be some inaccuracies as part of state intervention in the curriculum, you would find that many people know what occured, who was responsible and how things have played out overs the years.

By repeating such articles to heal some deep seated insecurities, all you can achieve is more enmity then actual focus on solving the problem.

Great use of Smileys btw, shows what you are interested in doing on this fora.

One question on the bold part:-

Hasn't that altered the mindset of several generations of Pakistanis towards India?

Back
Top Bottom