What's new

what should Iftakhar chouhdry do?

There is a process for promotions and appointments in all depts of GoP and none of that include your prescribed method ... If Pakistanis are holding rallies for these appointments then there will be nothing left of Pakistan economically.

No one is throwing mud these ae just humble suggestions and wishes.

hazaroon khuwahisheen aisi ....
Humble suggestions and wishes you call them? He has been accusing of corruption, realeasing the terrorists who later did Lal Masjid (no proof exists for these claims), orders of re-erection of Lal Masjid (whats wrong with that?), being indebted of NS, accusing of restoration of Shahbaz's Government, and lots and lots of fortune telling on what he is going to do with Mushrraf and Zardari. The only suggestions or wishes are made by yourself, allgreen, and tombstone.

Last edited:
1. The Legislature makes rules or laws that citizens agree to obey, and plays an oversight role, carefully scrutinizing the activities of the Executive.
No two lawyers or judges interpret a same law in common way!
Every person have his own interpretation of law.

2. The Judiciary ensures that the laws made by the Legislature are followed, and punishes anyone who breaks the law. The Courts assume the most prominent role in the Judiciary.
Iftikhar ch. has burned railway engines during his protest rallies. Was that legal?
iftikhar ch. refused to accept a Presidential order! was that legal?

3. The Executive implements laws and decisions that are made by the Legislature. The Premier, who is the head of the ruling party, chooses Members of the Executive Council (MECs) from the MPLs of his or her party. Each MEC is responsible for a certain Department, and has the title of “Minister.” For instance, the MEC heading the Education Department is called the Minister of Education.
Where does law minister fits! above the cheif justice or above prime minister?

No two lawyers or judges interpret a same law in common way!
Every person have his own interpretation of law.
Hence such debates are carried out by a Bench of Justices.

Iftikhar ch. has burned railway engines during his protest rallies. Was that legal? iftikhar ch. refused to accept a Presidential order! was that legal?
He has not done any such thing as this. What is the proof? What presidential orders? if presidential orders are not according to the constitution, they must not be obeyed. President may have immunity from the law but he is still not above the law. His role as a President is clearly defined in the constitution.

Where does law minister fits! above the cheif justice or above prime minister?
Law minister as the term clearly suggests is still the part of the Legislature, hence can not interfere in the judicial matters.

Don’t think the point is what he should do; million dollar question is what he will do?
My fears are:

CJ Iftikhar Chaudhry is indebted to Nawaz Sharif and being a mortal enemy of Musharraf, he will embark on a vendetta against Pervez Musharraf and indirectly against Zardari. If he declares ordinances passed by Musharraf as unconstitutional (in other words illegal) Zardari is a goner and we can expect NS as PM of Pakistan with CJ himself as President after he retires from office.

We have seen a detailed report of the previous bench of Judges explaining why they disqualified the Sharif brothers. We will see that verdict overturned but without any detailed explanations.

In his previous stint as CJ, Iftikhar Chaudhry made a joke of Suo Motto powers, taking notice each time GOP issued an order which he did not like. He also made a mockery of the CJ's protocol; wasting time of senior police officers by ordering them to stand by wherever he went. He was also guilty of using his position as CJ to help further his son’s career, no different from what Justice Hamid Dogar has been accused of. He also ordered the release of hundreds of suspected terrorists (who knows how many of these were involved in subsequent suicide bombings) and Lal Masjid/Jamia Hafsa to be rebuilt and handed back to the same administration so that lathi wielding burqa clad females can start all over again.

I have seen many posts which imply that his reinstatement is a panacea of all that ails Pakistan including the economy. In actual fact nothing will change and things will go as before; only with different faces on the powerful positions as happened with the removal of Musharraf and installation of Zaradri in his place.

CJ has gained a lot of stature and respect by his stand against Musharraf; I sincerely hope that he doesn’t spoil it all by reverting back to his old ways. However, leopard doesn’t change his spots; I personally have little hope of any thing good coming out of this or any noticeable change in the law and order situation or anything else for that matter. Except a repeat of the same vindictive attitude by him and by his cronies such as Khalil Ramday.

Only the time will tell and for the sake of Pakistan, I sincerely hope that I am proven wrong.

Sir, very well said..
One dimension, I like to highlight is the present state of state affairs!

If there is no deal than I see no reason what is preventing CJ for not taking notice of ineptness of musheer dakhila! After all scores of Pakistanis are being killed every day and there can't be a bigger breach of constitution.

Sir, very well said..
One dimension, I like to highlight is the present state of state affairs!

If there is no deal than I see no reason what is preventing CJ for not taking notice of ineptness of musheer dakhila! After all scores of Pakistanis are being killed every day and there can't be a bigger breach of constitution.
What this poor man should do? If he takes the notice, guys like you will run after him with lashes in their hands accusing him of making joke of Suo Motto powers. Cursing him of taking notice each time GOP issued an order which he did not like and interfering in the matters of the Government. On one hand you want him to take notice; on the other hand you are displeased by this. Please clear up your mind, decide what you like him to do and what you don’t like him to do. Send him a latter in person or get it published in leading newspaper as an open latter. Don’t just propose, do something concrete so people like me can see some seriousness in your talk.

He has not done any such thing as this. What is the proof?
We have burned engines but who burned them?
Lets assume if you own those engines, than who do you nominate in FIR?

What presidential orders?
Presidential orders from President Musharraf, which were based on the summary of an elected legislature assembly?
if presidential orders are not according to the constitution, they must not be obeyed.
Did he disobeyed any so called illegal Presidential orders?
President may have immunity from the law but he is still not above the law. His role as a President is clearly defined in the constitution.
Provision of imposing emergency is also defined in constitution.
If President have immunity from law than why a case was being filed against P. Musharraf?

What is the proof? We have burned engines but who burned them? Lets assume if you own those engines, than who do you nominate in FIR?
Unknown terrorists

Presidential orders from President Musharraf, which were based on the summary of an elected legislature assembly?
Explain them to me, I don’t remember off the top of my head what you are referring to.

Did he disobeyed any so called illegal Presidential orders?
Several, that came through the ministers and the secretaries. You must understand that in the Government, there is a chain of command; President is not going to send files directly to anyone, rather the orders move through the proper channel.

Provision of imposing emergency is also defined in constitution. If President have immunity from law than why a case was being filed against P. Musharraf?
And the circumstances under which such a measure is permissible are also very clear. No one can impose emergency just to depose the CJ.

Last edited:
He can make a case and that is all. Given the hostile circumstances, asking for the raise in the budget of Judiciary would be the last thing he would like to do. And the day he does that, everybody on this forum (except for few) would be calling him names for benefiting his institutions.

Agree with your point but he has support right now and he should be able to utilize that (in a positive way :))

Agree with your point but he has support right now and he should be able to utilize that (in a positive way :))

I am sure that he has more positives than funding the judiciary maybe like try Musharraf or cancel the NRO.

Back
Top Bottom