What's new

What Should Be Done With The Current Turkish Tank Force?

According to some, Turkish Land Forces want to discard serious number of ancient times vehicle M-113 + ACV-15 series armoured personnel carriers. Some ACV-15's are planned for an upgrade solution with new Roketsan add-on armours. Rest will be a benefical for aliminium store. Same sources tell that It will be 3000 new generation IFVs to be replaced those M-113+ACV.

In this aspect:
-FNSS signed agreement with Indonesia to develop 30 tonnes IFV based on Kaplan-20. SSM is also partnered with this team to keep rights of final product in his hand so FNSS had a politic advantages against rival Otokar.
kaplan20-02.jpg

-Otokar brings state of art Tulpar IFV having serious rate of similar subsystems with Altay MBT.
CEZmkIvW0AA3dJB.jpg:large

This is a perfect IFV division...

For clashes KAPLAN-20...

TULPAR as a friend for ALTAY with some same & some similar subsystems...

As an edition we need light tanks as Bordoenes said...

Bro. @cabatli_53 can you add this post of your's under Land Platforms thread too as a note? I'm on the phone, i'll add mine there when i'll get to my PC...

Convert old tanks into drones so they can be wire(less) guided from a remote distance to be used as cannon fodder ?

Edit:
I would limit future modernisation only to Leopard 2NG, maybe Leopard 1 if it can be done cheap and gives a moderate advantage.

Replace M-48 and M-60 with things like Tulpar with anti tank missles attachments.

Scrap half of the M-48 and convert the other half to into drones with safety to prevent hijacking.

M60 dunno how good they would perform in comparison with leo 1. but I would dronify it
No M-84 and M-60s should be given to Pakistan Army.

Back
Top Bottom