What's new

What is your profession?

So equity and Stocks are two names for same thing right?

Mutual Funds.Well i want active participation.I mean it's not that i would succeed but i just want to participate.

IPOs.Hmm well that good.

Well the most thing that fascinates me is commodity.Can you tell me more about it?

And one more thing as Zaki said what about investing in American Markets.

I would recommend you to invest in Mutual Fund as of right now. There are also ULIP plans, they are just like MF.

In the mean time, learn investing in plain equity. Listen to a lot of business news channels. They will teach a lot.

Don't invest even a single paisa on your own now. Even if you feel you're ready just stay away. Play the virtual game for at least two years. Only then invest your first money. Till that time you'd have earned enough from MF to bear small losses also if unfortunately you do get into loss.

It is the tendency of the market to fool the investor and make him feel he's ready to invest. Never fall for it.

NO NO i was asking about commodities.

You can invest in commodities through a demat account. Investing in commodities is fairly easier and volatility is less too. And the biggest benefit is that you don't have to learn from scratch as you'd have a fair idea about the commodities.

Start investing in pulses and vegetables first. Easy and predictable.

Then move to metals and gold.

Usually commodities are ranged. For eg gold falls to 15000, then increases to 17500, then falls to 16000, then increases to 17500.

So you can know when to buy and when to sell. Invest in gold before marriage seasons. Easy money.

I would recommend you to invest in Mutual Fund as of right now. There are also ULIP plans, they are just like MF.

In the mean time, learn investing in plain equity. Listen to a lot of business news channels. They will teach a lot.

Don't invest even a single paisa on your own now. Even if you feel you're ready just stay away. Play the virtual game for at least two years. Only then invest your first money. Till that time you'd have earned enough from MF to bear small losses also if unfortunately you do get into loss.

It is the tendency of the market to fool the investor and make him feel he's ready to invest. Never fall for it.

2 years.wooo.So i guess stocks are a long term game.

Ok.Thks for the advice it has now changed my whole concept about stocks.When first time i listened about stocks it seemed more of a gambling but now it means that every move is calculated.

And one thing more in your previous posts you said you earned lacks but lost them in 2008.Is it possible for you to tell us how?And so after such a loss do you still invest?

Zaki yar help me your software only shows me the stocks of just few companies.maybe 20 or so.

2 years.wooo.So i guess stocks are a long term game.

Ok.Thks for the advice it has now changed my whole concept about stocks.When first time i listened about stocks it seemed more of a gambling but now it means that every move is calculated.

And one thing more in your previous posts you said you earned lacks but lost them in 2008.Is it possible for you to tell us how?And so after such a loss do you still invest?

When I started in 8 th class I had just a few lacs (2-4) invested, but as I earned, I started investing more and more. In 2008 I had lots of money invested, but due to some stupid advice of an economist I bought lots of stocks even though it was Jan and I knew Market would correct again. I had all my money invested in super volatile stocks (small-cap).

Then came the crash. The market crashed and I was left with just 20% of my invested amount.

I lost more than what I had earned in my entire life. Since I didn't even have money to average, I couldn't buy any more stocks at lower price. So I am stuck with those stock even today. Just hoping someday (5-6 years from now) I would get what I invested.

There is a rule in stock market. Even if you lose everything, just stay calm and patient. One day, maybe after years, but one day, your shares will get back where they were.
That is why said patience is the most important property for a stock investor.

Last edited:
lol guys i just bought exxon mobile virtual shares thinking that they might rise due to BP oil spill.

When I started in 8 th class I had just a few lacs (2-4) invested, but as I earned, I started investing more and more. In 2008 I had lots of money invested, but due to some stupid advice of an economist I bought lots of stocks even though it was Jan and I knew Market would correct again. I had all my money invested in super volatile stocks (small-cap).

Then came the crash. The market crashed and I was left with just 20% of my invested amount.

I lost more than what I had earned in my entire life. Since I didn't even have money to average, I couldn't buy any more stocks at lower price. So I am stuck with those stock even today. Just hoping someday (5-6 years from now) I would get what I invested.

Woo really hurts all that hard work of years just lost in a month.Seriously it really hurts.

I will stay with virtual shares for at least a year now.But first i must get to know the more about investments.Just found a site investopedia.com

There is a rule in stock market. Even if you lose everything, just stay calm and patient. One day, maybe after years, but one day, your shares will get back where they were.
That is why said patience is the most important property for a stock investor.

What do you invest in Jagjit? I mean Mutual fund or pure equities or both?

Back
Top Bottom