What's new

What is your idea about the possibility of secularism in Iran?

By the way what do you mean by secularism of iranian youths?

1. They are anti-islam
2. Muslims but respect all the religions
3. They dont have any religion at all...
if this is true then no need to force islam on them islam is a religion of understanding and free thinking our holy Qur'an is very clear on that it is up to the people to accept islam or not and at the end we will all be judged
we cant use religion in politics every one knows how poltices work

if this is true then no need to force islam on them islam is a religion of understanding and free thinking our holy Qur'an is very clear on that it is up to the people to accept islam or not and at the end we will all be judged
and it is the extremests who are making people hate there own religion by their actions

What are your opinions on Mursi and Egypt's current government?

Well according to current laws there will be a successor, just as there was someone before him. The first rahbar was Khomeini, now it is Khamenei (confusingly similar I know lol).

Thank you for ur patience to replying for my ignorance.

Iran must reform those Supreme Leader posts. They are not good for a country. POlitics and religion should never come in hand in hand.

Though Islamic Iran is better, i feel some punnishment must be done away with. Like Stoning, amputation , hanging in public and replace with more modern lawxs.

Secularism is needed in Iran.

Historically, secularism has no significant tradition in Iran. Even during the reigns of the various Persian empires, religion played a huge role in our society, and the only difference between now and than is that we changed our religion, from Zoroastrianism to Islam. When Zoroastrianism was still the most dominant religion in Iran, the Magis, Zoroastrian/Mazdaistic priests, had the same role as the mullahs have now. Reza Khan tried to secularize Iran's society, but unlike Ataturk he failed to destroy the mullah-clan in Iran. His plan was doomed to fail, considering the amount of illiterate Iranians back than and the backwardness of Iran's society in those days.

But compared to Iran today, many Iranians are young, literate and well-eduacted. Most Iranians are self-conscious and know what happens around the world. The mullahs tried to stop the flow of information and modernization in Iran, but the complete opposite happened. Iranians are, especially compared to their neighbors, secularistic-minded, democratic-minded and ready for all kinds of reforms. The regime can try to halt these developments, but in the end its inevitable.

Not all mullahs are bad. You have (had) enough mullahs, like Ayatollah Boroujerdi, Montazeri and Shariatmadari, who oppose the idea of the Velayat-e faqih system, and have made clear that the mullahs have destroyed the dignity of religion in Iran. They too support the idea of secularism in Iran. They have made the Iranians more secularistic, anti-Islamic and modern minded. Like Reza Khan achieved the complete opposite with his secularization plan, the mullahs have achieved the complete opposite with their Islamic propagation. The moral of the story? You can try to force a society in a particular direction, but you would only create a blowback.

So this current regime and system could survive a couple of years/decennia more, mostly by using force, but the movement is morally dead and if they don't reform from within, it will come from the outside. You can't try to stop these developments.

Is there any strict law against observing another religion like there are in KSA ?

They arrest people if they plan for Christmas. I hope not.

we cant use religion in politics every one knows how poltices work

I asked you question which category most of the iranian youth belongs to..

Is there any strict law against observing another religion like there are in KSA ?

No, not at all. Iran has a large Armenian-Christian population and they are free with Churches and all types of Christian worship. Iran also has the second highest population of Jews in the Middle East after Israel, they too are free with their religious observations.

No, not at all. Iran has a large Armenian-Christian population and they are free with Churches and all types of Christian worship. Iran also has the second highest population of Jews in the Middle East after Israel, they too are free with their religious observations.

But there is a mass migration of christian from Iran?

The Bahai's are treated terribly in Iran, but the other two Abrahimistic religions in Iran, Judaism and Christianity, have some freedoms, but are also confronted with all kinds of limitations in practicing their religion.

Thanks for info. They already have so much independence then I don't think there is need of secularism ?

They have right to vote ? And are they allowed to stand in elections ?

Thank you for ur patience to replying for my ignorance.

Iran must reform those Supreme Leader posts. They are not good for a country. POlitics and religion should never come in hand in hand.

Though Islamic Iran is better, i feel some punnishment must be done away with. Like Stoning, amputation , hanging in public and replace with more modern lawxs.

We have more modern laws, we dont hang in public, thats why we see more incidents in delhi.

Do u know what punishment delhi brave girl wanted for those criminals?

Back
Top Bottom