What's new

What is your favorite Turkic Muslim Empire?

Pick one

• Total voters
Forget about 'unified country', China was piece of landmass with no name....India discovered it and gave it's name.....

Yes!!! China was named after a chin, a clay vessel. Until then a small han empire used to exist around the Beijing river called "middle kingdom".

Yes!!! China was named after a chin, a clay vessel. Until then a small han empire used to exist around the Beijing river called "middle kingdom".
LOL I never knew that. They probably threw a clay vessel on the ground and it made a sound .. "chin" and they called it that.

LOL I never knew that. They probably threw a clay vessel on the ground and it made a sound .. "chin" and they called it that.

That sound is also Indian one, pirated by chinese .... :lol:

Mughal Empire was the only state before the British Raj that even came close to forcefully creating an artificial but unified "Indian identity", and they did this from scratch with no historical precedent, binding disparate tribes with nothing in common. That's an impressive achievement.

I bow before your mastery in skill in provocation.

Found wanting in facts, and a subtle jab at the Indians.

Bravo :smart:

You haven't picked you're favourite?:)

Mine is Ottaman Empire, who conquered European Territories, they have kept the trade routes of both Sea (Suez canal) and land 'Silk road" under their control. Ottaman empire can be called a super power of the past, significant achievements in science and arts are also made in that period.
I like Akbar the Great a lot, he is a secular and also understood what India is and how it should be ruled :cheers:

Mine is Ottaman Empire, who conquered European Territories, they have kept the trade routes of both Sea (Suez canal) and land 'Silk road" under their control. Ottamans empire can be called a super power of the past, significant achievements in science and arts are also made in that period.
I like Akbar the Great a lot, he is a secular and also understood what India is and how it should be ruled :cheers:

Ottomans were a great naval power. A rarity among the Islamic kingdoms of yore.

I like your posts btw. Reasonable in tone at least :)

Mine is Ottaman Empire, who conquered European Territories, they have kept the trade routes of both Sea (Suez canal) and land 'Silk road" under their control. Ottaman empire can be called a super power of the past, significant achievements in science and arts are also made in that period.

Akbar??? Okay thats debatable then lol I agree with the first part of you're post though :)

Ottomans !!!

osmanli-imparatorlugu-haritasi_695.jpg

Safavid was a Turkic Empire ? :what:

I had always thought it was a Persian Empire ! :undecided:

The founder of Safavids came from Ardebil, now an Iranian province and was an Azeri.

But almost everything became Persian after they moved the capital from Tabriz to Qazvin and then Isfahan, especially in the climax of the empire in Shah Abbas era. Persian was the official language of the empire and Azeri Turkish was used among military elites. In other words, except its foundation (which is also claimed to be having a mixed ancestry), we can't exactly call it a Turkic dynasty, since the empire completely became Persianized in almost everything.

If you have time, read the Wiki article about them, you'll learn many interesting facts.

Safavid dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nope not interesting at all !

We're not looking at it through territorial nationalism !

Most of the Mughals were absolutely clueless & decadent !

Suleiman was building Universities & Institutions of learning across the Ottoman Empire & Shah Jehan was blowing away the Royal Treasury on an edifice like the Taj Mahal - Wondrously Worthless !

Plus the Caliphate was with the Ottomans !
it means mughals were better lovers than ottomans ... @Sinan

Back
Top Bottom