What's new

What is wrong with the Taliban?

The thing is, I didn't ask a loaded question! I would have had to have presupposed "something that has not been proven or accepted by all the people involved." I made it clear that my interpretation of history and current events was entirely subjective, so the only "person involved" is me. I'm asking for education and not presupposing anything:
There is something I don't understand...the Taliban say they seek a more perfect form of Islam, yes? From my point of view, they have walked exactly in the footprints of Mohammed: they've spent years inculcating followers and building warrior ethics, made a show of imposing some needed justice, and made temporary treaties that were deceptions to attain power.

So what is it they are doing wrong, exactly? Why are so many Pakistanis, who claim to be Muslims, now opposed to the Taliban, who possess no religion-based moral inconsistencies that I can perceive?

The thing is, I didn't ask a loaded question! I would have had to have presupposed "something that has not been proven or accepted by all the people involved." I made it clear that my interpretation of history and current events was entirely subjective, so the only "person involved" is me. I'm asking for education and not presupposing anything:

So should you not step back, and instead ask a question along the lines of, "Are the Taliban following in the footsteps of Muhammad?"

And the answer to that, on the basis of just the 'no compulsion' verse, is no.

End of story.

Yet "Are the Taliban following in the footsteps of Muhammad?" is a loaded question, for as a non-Muslim my answer cannot be held as valid by Muslims, isn't that so? Can't you see what I've been trying to tell you indirectly - that my question isn't fallacious, but your question to me is?

Yet "Are the Taliban following in the footsteps of Muhammad?" is a loaded question, for as a non-Muslim my answer cannot be held as valid by Muslims, isn't that so?
Your assertion, if that is what you claim, of the Taliban following in the footsteps of Mohammed, cannot be valid so long as you provide no evidence to support it.

On this thread at least, there has been no agreement from Muslims with your contention, and the 'no compulsion' verse clearly indicates why your assertion is invalid.

On this thread at least, there has been no agreement from Muslims with your contention, and the 'no compulsion' verse clearly indicates why your assertion is invalid.

I read that there are abrogated verses too. Thats what Jihadis use to justify their violence.

Take example of Anjem Choudhary or Abu Hamja, both were cool until they became radical.

I read that there are abrogated verses too. Thats what Jihadis use to justify their violence.

Take example of Anjem Choudhary or Abu Hamja, both were cool until they became radical.

Well obviously you need to read up more. Anjem chowdry and the like are no scholars or graduates of any well known Islamic universities. There are no verses, abrogated or otherwise, that can be used to justify the violence Taliban is perpetrating. TTP leaders have already mentioned time and again that they want more ulema to be part of their group and admitted that he doesn't have support among them. The reason because knowledgeable ulema know that this is wrong and will not support them.

A number of fatwas and edicts have been issued by ulemas in Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia and other major muslim countries regarding using violence, suicide bombings and killing of civilians and saying it is not justified. So when the learned scholars of Islam who spent their entire life studying the scriptures say one thing and the ignorant TTP type groups say something else who would you listen to?

The difference is like listening to a doctor who studied medicine and internship for years and gives a treatment and another who just dabs on a white coat and a stethoscope and "claims" he is a doctor and knows how to fix the patient. Obviously, you will get the police to lock the second guy up for malpractice.

I can understand that it can be hard for non muslims to understand between legitimate Islamic scholars who are speaking out on the true Islam now and those who just grow a beard and put on a turban and call themselves "mulla". If you can realise this fact, then you can begin to understand why we have these wrong interpretations of Islam by groups like the Taliban.

Well obviously you need to read up more. Anjem chowdry and the like are no scholars or graduates of any well known Islamic universities. There are no verses, abrogated or otherwise, that can be used to justify the violence Taliban is perpetrating. TTP leaders have already mentioned time and again that they want more ulema to be part of their group and admitted that he doesn't have support among them. The reason because knowledgeable ulema know that this is wrong and will not support them.

A number of fatwas and edicts have been issued by ulemas in Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia and other major muslim countries regarding using violence, suicide bombings and killing of civilians and saying it is not justified. So when the learned scholars of Islam who spent their entire life studying the scriptures say one thing and the ignorant TTP type groups say something else who would you listen to?

The difference is like listening to a doctor who studied medicine and internship for years and gives a treatment and another who just dabs on a white coat and a stethoscope and "claims" he is a doctor and knows how to fix the patient. Obviously, you will get the police to lock the second guy up for malpractice.

I can understand that it can be hard for non muslims to understand between legitimate Islamic scholars who are speaking out on the true Islam now and those who just grow a beard and put on a turban and call themselves "mulla". If you can realise this fact, then you can begin to understand why we have these wrong interpretations of Islam by groups like the Taliban.

Hey would you anytime like to reform or remove some verses from Quran ?

Refrain from using these ideas & I dont know where these MODERATORS are on this.

Because these so called extremists are citing verses from it only. So IMO it is better to edit it.

It is related to the subject.

what is wrong with Taliban?

nothing wrong but one manufecturing fault

they have their A#$% where normal people have brain :P

Hey would you anytime like to reform or remove some verses from Quran ?

Well you use one-liners and immediately claim that Quran needs to be edited or should have verses removed. However, I will still give you benefit of the doubt that you are genuinely trying to understand and not trolling.

Can you quote any of these "verses"? The Quran is avalable in hundreds of languages and is not hidden. Also you need to do is read them with a clean mind instead of being prejudiced. I am sure you will not be able to find any verses that would blatantly allow killing of any human just because he/she is not a muslim.

In any case, the Quran does not justify killing of Innocent civilians, women or children, be they muslims or non-muslims.

Back
Top Bottom