What's new

Afghans tell of the Taliban's return to their old torture playbook

Don't hog all the credit. There was some terrorism before your consulates too.

I thought it was only India which was behind ALLL terror attacks in Pakistan. And this was all done through our consulates in Afghanistan.

Thank you for telling me that it isn't true after all. This may break so many hearts on PDF though.

ALL countries do that equally. It is not like ISI (and nearly all other intelligence agencies) do not use similar coercive measures, when it comes to their own respective national interests. Geopolitics 101: Relentless pursuit of national interests.
Exactly, no one has a leg to take a moral stand.

Doesn't mean voices against evil acts should stop for internal cleaning first.

No country is a monolith. How can one attribute one news outlet to speak for an entire nation.

You're basis is fundamentally flawed, the American government exists to serve the interests of its own populace, and it will take action however horrible to safeguard those interests. That is the governing rule of modern polity, espouse universal human values, obligatory (statutarily if not practically) for own citizens and entirely optional for everyone else.

That doesn't imply that its media, citizens or polity wont have views adversarial to their governments stand.

We live in the age of corporate Media good sir, everyone's reporting everything according to own self interest, it forms no basis to stop reports of actual acts of human right violations.
Call me old fashioned but I would say creating ruining tens of millions of lives, rendering millions homeless, killing a few million, torturing a few thousand only to end up making millions hate America, breeding hundreds of thousands of extremists and tens of thousands of terrorists does not serve the interests of America's populace.

You are right about the media looking out for it's own interests. It just so happens that the media's interests are aligned more with the MIC's interest than the populace's interest. Which leads to all sorts of problems like the war where the pictures I shared emerged from.

TLDR: Afghanistan's rulers being dicks to their people, doesn't affect nearly as much people as America's rulers being dicks to the entire third world.

Exactly, no one has a leg to take a moral stand.

Doesn't mean voices against evil acts should stop for internal cleaning first.

But is is far easier to point at someone else while not cleaning one's own house. Psychology 101.

And what is truly shameless is to express outrage selectively. What is regarded as the "true" cost of someone else's lifestyle and declaring it to be immoral while ignoring one's own exploitative obscenities is made possible only by expert hypocrites. :D

Last edited:
I thought it was only India which was behind ALLL terror attacks in Pakistan. And this was all done through our consulates in Afghanistan.

Thank you for telling me that it isn't true after all. This may break so many hearts on PDF though.
No, that was just your inflated ego.

@Krptonite , it's also easier to shamelessly hide behind geopolitics when faced with the true cost of one's lifestyle and the immorality of the policies enabling it.

Exactly, Pakistan successfully closed down our ‘terror launchpads’ aka consulates and as a result, not a single terrorist attack has taken place in Pakistan ever since Taliban took over. I’m sure you agree.
Afghans will be afghans

No one said there wouldn't be terrorism

But the strategic threat from afghani republic, India, NATO, U.S was too great

Destroying 20 years of Indian investment, afghan plotting was a necessity

No, that was just your inflated ego.

@Krptonite , it's also easier to shamelessly hide behind geopolitics when faced with the true cost of one's lifestyle and the immorality of the policies enabling it.
I truly do understand the indignation, but the current scenario is that we live in a room full of murderers accusing each other of killing innocents.

In such a scenario, it becomes less important who accused who but rather which nefarious forces are in close proximity.

Taliban and their shenanigans affect our nations significantly more. Even if uncle sam is sitting half a world away highlighting every tragedy around the world, the ones near us should hold our attention and priority.

Casting light on hypocrisy is just revealing all of us in the mud and doesn't really help solve the problem at hand.

Back
Top Bottom