What's new

What is this and how it works!

Is it for cruise missile?
The similarly sized German Types 201/205/206/Vickers 207 (Gal) had 8 533mm torpedotubes, and carried 8 torpedoes (i.e. no reloads) plus up to 24 seamines externally (in strap-on containers). The Fateh class has just 4 533mm torpedo tubes. In principal these can fire heavyweight torpedoes. It could also fire antiship missiles and/or land attack cruise missiles, provided sufficiently small missile container diameter and Iran having mastered 'encapsulated launch' capability. But I doubt there would be any more than 8 rounds available (4 in tubes plus 4 reloads)

maxresdefault.jpg

The similarly sized German Types 201/205/206/Vickers 207 (Gal) had 8 533mm torpedotubes, and carried 8 torpedoes (i.e. no reloads) plus up to 24 seamines externally (in strap-on containers). The Fateh class has just 4 533mm torpedo tubes. In principal these can fire heavyweight torpedoes. It could also fire antiship missiles and/or land attack cruise missiles, provided sufficiently small missile container diameter and Iran having mastered 'encapsulated launch' capability. But I doubt there would be any more than 8 rounds available (4 in tubes plus 4 reloads)

maxresdefault.jpg

Fateh Submarine is said to have 8 mines and four 533mm torpedo launchers and 2 reserve rounds which means 4 + 8 = 12 (Total)

Fateh Submarine is said to have 8 mines and four 533mm torpedo launchers and 2 reserve rounds which means 4 + 8 = 12 (Total)
No, not necessarily. As far as torpedoes are concerned, it means 4 ready + 2 reserve = 6 torpedoes.

The number of 8 mines simply means 2 per launch tube (as there is no mention of external carriage), i.e. in place of torpedoes.

[In theory, it could be 4 torpedoes in the tubes plus 8 mines in the weapons room (but then, why not 4 spare torpedoes?)]

fateh_compare.png

fateh_cutaway.jpg

http://www.hisutton.com/Fateh-Class_Submarine.html

Modern sea mine
2qapb87.jpg

This is how a Type 206 carries mines: externally, in a mine 'saddle'
S178_U29.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks but I knew these are torpedo tubes ... I asked about these marked parts in this photo:

upload_2016-12-8_17-12-47.png
And I asked 'cause of it :
VirginiaClassDiagramLarge1.jpg
As you in this class it has vertical lunches (for missiles not torpedoes) , I thoughts those circles are about this ... plus this photo:
hamyar_upc~0.jpg

day 7558, still trying to figure out the red circles, send help
Sorry dear @Azeri440 and @raptor22 I posted this picture in another thread in this forum while discussing the features of Fateh in another picture and trying to match them with this picture that we knew was Fateh. Nothing serious. I put those circles there.

Last edited:
I think we discussed it on our own forum 2 years back when someone posted a pic of IRINS Lavan carrying two such sabehat SDVs ... globalsecurity reports the inventory of 5-6 vessels. Considering the proxy and insurgency warfare that iran often gets engaged in regionally, such under water vehicles are a good means of delivering IRGC marines at hostile shores or for minning.

Thanks but I knew these are torpedo tubes ... I asked about these marked parts in this photo:

View attachment 359820
And I asked 'cause of it :
View attachment 359822
As you in this class it has vertical lunches (for missiles not torpedoes) , I thoughts those circles are about this ... plus this photo:
View attachment 359824

If you are thinking Fateh has some sort of VLS, consider its hull diameter (4m or so). What Iranian (VLS launched) cruise missile do you know that is under 4m long?

Fateh_diameter1.jpg

Fateh_diameter2.jpg

fateh_compare.png

http://www.hisutton.com/Fateh-Class_Submarine.html

Back
Top Bottom