What's new

What is the salary of 2nd lieutenant in pak army?

its 17,825 while in Academy, 22,350 as 2nd Lt, a lt gets 32,000 approx.

and if he pays 66000 Rs he get a furnished home either in Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad. his choice, now a days he gets in Askari and not in DHA.
Either you are lying or you dont know much about the real picture.

BTW, 66000 is JUST the down payment for that plot which would be constructed in the year 2050 when he retires. For the entire length of his service (minimum 25 years- max 35 to40 years) the guy would pay 6000 to 15000 per month (depending upon the rank) for the house and in the end when he retires he still has to pay in lacs to finally get the house in his name. So please dont confuse it, it's better to keep mum then spreading half baked lies.

Also, if you can prove that a GC gets 17K during his training, i'll hand off my badge to you. A Lt may get Rs 23000-25000, but that's the GROSS PAY, the net pay can vary from 60 to 70% of this. More importantly this 'huge' pay happened when the pay was increased by 145% over the period of 5 years, including the 'doubling' of pay after Op RR and Op RN.

Get your figures straight.

I dont know. I guess its 10,000 or so. they are kept away from life...

i think i might also have to treat you like i have treated KP, but anyways, yeah the poor soldiers are kept away from life and still crowds and crowds of guys like you gather up outside the recruitment centers with your sleeping bags and lotas atleast 4-5 days before the recruitment process has to start.

BTW, a soldier rather a sepoy now a days get somewhat around 10-12K as his GROSS PAY, the net is again lesser. Also, a soldier DOES NOT has to pay for his FOOD (breakfast, tea, lunch, tea, dinner etc), his UNIFORM, he pays no electric bill, he also does not pay his water/gas bills, he is provided with free accommodation, even his underwear and socks are issued from Ordnance, so he is more than happy to have these 10Ks as a saving or to support his family back home. And this is nothing surprising, the same thing happens all over the world, soldier are provided FREE food and stuff, even in india. The Officers have to pay for everything that a soldier gets for free, he pays utility bills at the same rates as you guys in the civilian sector do, and if allotted accommodation inside the cantt, he has to forego his house rent which is 30-45% of his basic pay, meaning thereby he loses 6000 to 12000 (a Major to Lt Col) out of his gross pay, thus rendering his NET PAY down to 40-50% of his GROSS PAY.

Leader

Allow me to clarify your disgusting doubts for once and all, i know you are deliberately trying to troll and flame here, but for the consumption of other members i'll like to gave the details regarding the Askari Housing Scheme.

AHS is a process which aims at providing a residential place for the Officers and Soldiers once they finally retire, as most of their life they have been living in hired/rented/govt provided residences so this is one thing that the military can provide them by the end of the day. The MOST important thing to understand here is that this facility is NOT free of cost nor does it is cheap. First it is a volunteer service, that means it is your choice if you want to avail this facility or not, so not everyone is giving a plot. Second, the Officer pays every penny to the cost of the house. So here's how it works:

If one decides to start off from a 2/Lt, then he has pay down payment amounting to Rs 70000/- at the start. There on the Officer would pay the installments in the follow manner:

1- 2/Lt to Lt (approx let's say 3 years of service, monthly installment Rs 5000 per month - these figures are deliberately altered for the obvious reasons). So 5000 x 12 x 3= So at 3 years in his service the Officer had paid Rs 1, 80, 000/- PLUS the Rs 70000/- in downpayment.

2-Lt to Captain, i'll not specifiy the instalmment rate nor would i mention the service years between these two ranks, i'll just write down the payment that the Officer would have made by the time he would be becoming a Major and the amount is approx Rs 4, 50, 000/- IN ADDITION TO THE PREVIOUS 1 Lac 80 Thousand.

3- Captain to Major, the same procedure, the rate of installment goes up and the net amount deposited to the Govt is approx Rs 5, 20, 000/- IN ADDTION THE PREVIOUS 1 lac 80 thousand and 4 lac 50 thousand.

Now, let's say the Officer is to retire as a Major. So he would pay the installment for another XYZ number of years till he finally retires at the rank of the Major. So the amount he would pay now is approx Rs 8, 60, 000/-

Now let's total up the amount: 70000+180000+450000+860000= Rs 15, 60, 000/- So by the the time and Officer retires at the rank of Major he would have deposited Rs 15 lac 60 thousand to the AHS, STILL as the cost of plot has yet not been completed the Officer is supposed to deposit the remaining 15-25 lac in lump sum from his Pension benefit and his Provident Fund to finally get the plot in his name or else he cannot own the plot.

So normally Officer refrain from opting for this scheme as this burden their already meager salaries. Imagine Rs 7000 being paid by you on monthly basis for your entire duration of service, this is one. Two, every ranks has it's own size of plot, i mean a Maj would get X canal plot but a Lt Col would get Y canal (which is larger), so in the end the over all cost is much higher for every upper/next rank.

So in short, the Officer pays every penny for the plot that he gets in the end, it's just a way of making it easier for the Officers to get their own residence, nothing else, only anti-army and lame guys have this as an excuse against the Army to malign it on every chance they get. So let's not fool ourselves and act stupid.

You outta your mind!66000...furnished home in Askari Housing scheme.You make it sound like that he get's a big fancy house for 66000 rs.Brother i have seen officiers as senior as Colonels wandering around for houses during their service because Army has shortage of houses.

Did you forget that he pays for that 10 marla plot during his service.

Woah woah woah!you probably heard this and came and blabbered it out here.My father is Colonel in Army and he is paying monthly installments through Askari bank for the 2 plots of 1 canal each he will be getting on retirement.Plots not furnished houses.

And yet according to you a 2/nd Lt gets a furnished house anywhere for 66000Rs.

this is what my ____ payed, and he will get a house in Askari at his retirement, I never said he would just get it. Yes I know there is shortage of houses, and thats exactly what made Askari. still I know there is shortage of houses in Askari Lahore...

which department your father belongs?

it dosent make any sense how much he gets the qustion is what is the difference between a solider and a mercanry solider mercenary fights for money while solider fighter for what he belives in.and pakistan army is army not blackwater what makes them superor is that they defend the country thats what matter no matter if u give them a million or dont give them anything they will still fight.

i think i might also have to treat you like i have treated KP, but anyways, yeah the poor soldiers are kept away from life and still crowds and crowds of guys like you gather up outside the recruitment centers with your sleeping bags and lotas atleast 4-5 days before the recruitment process has to start.

BTW, a soldier rather a sepoy now a days get somewhat around 10-12K as his GROSS PAY, the net is again lesser. Also, a soldier DOES NOT has to pay for his FOOD (breakfast, tea, lunch, tea, dinner etc), his UNIFORM, he pays no electric bill, he also does not pay his water/gas bills, he is provided with free accommodation, even his underwear and socks are issued from Ordnance, so he is more than happy to have these 10Ks as a saving or to support his family back home. And this is nothing surprising, the same thing happens all over the world, soldier are provided FREE food and stuff, even in india. The Officers have to pay for everything that a soldier gets for free, he pays utility bills at the same rates as you guys in the civilian sector do, and if allotted accommodation inside the cantt, he has to forego his house rent which is 30-45% of his basic pay, meaning thereby he loses 6000 to 12000 (a Major to Lt Col) out of his gross pay, thus rendering his NET PAY down to 40-50% of his GROSS PAY.

come on...anyways I will reconfirm today. I dont need to be anti-army by these means, I have good reasons to be so....

come on...anyways I will reconfirm today. I dont need to be anti-army by these means, I have good reasons to be so....
if you dont have the army you dont have the country you understand this but still you are against it if you spend a night in siachin or a day in cholistan thar desart you will understand what work means when you go behind enemy lines and spend a day or two in hostile enviroment then you will know is it less for them or more you dont appriciate what God gave but you

if you dont have the army you dont have the country you understand this but still you are against it if you spend a night in siachin or a day in cholistan thar desart you will understand what work means when you go behind enemy lines and spend a day or two in hostile enviroment then you will know is it less for them or more you dont appriciate what God gave but you

we made the country without the army, moreover, army is a country's night-watch-man, so if you dont like the job, dont do it. I dont vote on sympathy basis, sorry.

If you dont even know this then i think it is me who is stupid who still is replying to your lame rants. Go check it up and say sorry to me when you come back!

If you dont even know this then i think it is me who is stupid who still is replying to your lame rants. Go check it up and say sorry to me when you come back!

why would I say sorry to you? if your info is accurate I would simply accept it. why acting like some tough guy?

That was a joke! Dude!!

Man! FTW is wrong with you guys?

P.S. On a more serious note, what you had said in your posts can be termed as accusations, a believe me, having poor info regarding something is one thing and than (deliberately) spreading lies or for that matter posting without confirmation is another, but then i dont blame you, i may spare you because you are 'new'.

Xeric this is nothing I've seen people post so much bullshit that it will shock you.A person posted a question on pakdef.info and he asked is is true that every officer who gets a star gets 5 million dollar from US for loyalty ...and some people actually believe this bullshit..Pure nutjobs.

Xeric this is nothing I've seen people post so much bullshit that it will shock you.A person posted a question on pakdef.info and he asked is is true that every officer who gets a star gets 5 million dollar from US for loyalty ...and some people actually believe this bullshit..Pure nutjobs.

No shyt?!

Now do you actually think that he was posting such horse shyt just because he was actually/genuinely in doubt? No, he was doing it on purpose as these days shyt against the military especially the Army sells like hell, and also there are many numskulls who normally dont verify any news or if some of them even do verify, they would surely verify news regarding Katrina if she's still with Salman or not, but they wont do the same kasht when it comes to military.

So, the best way to deal with these guys is to shove that hand of yours so up their arse that one could feel their respiratory tract, oh sorry, i mean tonsils, i just forgot that it dont follow the path, damn Biology!

But then, i dont mind answering genuine concerns/questions. Rather one should encourage such exchanges as it would lead us to a better understanding of the military that run on our taxes. i have replied to a million guys in those 'How to Join XYZ' threads and also elsewhere, but then simply trolls, flamers and nincompoops, my nerves cant bear!

this is what my ____ payed, and he will get a house in Askari at his retirement,
No doubt i said that your post were half baked lies. He told you that he has paid Rs 66000/- but he didnt tell you that he would be paying a hell lota money for his ENTIRE duration of service, right? Who hell are you kidding?!
I never said he would just get it.
Oh yes you said. Here:
its 17,825 while in Academy, 22,350 as 2nd Lt, a lt gets 32,000 approx. (this too was a lie)

and if he pays 66000 Rs he get a furnished home either in Lahore, Karachi or Islamabad. his choice, now a days he gets in Askari and not in DHA.
Yes I know there is shortage of houses, and thats exactly what made Askari. still I know there is shortage of houses in Askari Lahore...
So?

By the time your ____ (whatever that means) would retire it would be a new world, and he might not even get what he has opted for, there's already shortage of land for the purpose and the AHS guys are already disposing off cases by giving you plots in far flung areas, ask this to your ____, but then i am sure he wouldnt be knowing it, why? Because estimating your intellect and his service, i doubt that he would be dealing with official mail in his unit!

^^ My father dont belongs, it is me who belongs.

this is what my ____ payed, and he will get a house in Askari at his retirement, I never said he would just get it. Yes I know there is shortage of houses, and thats exactly what made Askari. still I know there is shortage of houses in Askari Lahore...

The 66000 is the down payment just for getting a name in the list.If by the end of your career you have not payed the whole price you don't get a dime.this is just as a civilian gets a house in any housing scheme in Pakistan.

My father belongs in the military but i think Xeric has cleared your doubts also considering he has served in the army he can clear your doubts much better.

BTW why are you so anti Army.it ain't just this post i have seen others too.

Back
Top Bottom