What's new

What is the best way to transfer money from Pakistan to UK ?

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi there,

Its easy to send money from Uk to Pakistan but opposite is quiet hard especially when amount is above 15 lakhs(10000 pounds). I don't have foreign currency account in Pakistan. I know about western unions or money grams but they have set restriction on amount as you cannot send money above certain limit

My question is what is best legal and safe way to transfer money ( 60 Lakhs/6 million or more) from Pakistan to UK. Thanks

Hi there,

Its easy to send money from Uk to Pakistan but opposite is quiet hard especially when amount is above 15 lakhs(10000 pounds). I don't have foreign currency account in Pakistan. I know about western unions or money grams but they have set restriction on amount as you cannot send money above certain limit

My question is what is best legal and safe way to transfer money ( 60 Lakhs/6 million or more) from Pakistan to UK. Thanks

@Raja.Pakistani, you'll first need to get a certificate from your bank in Pakistan that this money is white money not money laundered or black money. You branch bank manager should give you official certificate that includes details. Also you would need to pay taxes on that money in your bank because i heard NS government imposed taxes 4 million rupees and over need to pay 1.4 million rupees plus 35%. Once that is done you'll wire transfer it though your bank to your designated account in UK. You should go talk to your branch manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Make an electronic transfer to my New York Based Account.....:D

Hi there,

Any reliabke and reputed money exchange will do it for you......cant say about legality since never bothered with it but I have seen people doing that ....they will take money from you here and you can get money in UK at the same time....

@Raja.Pakistani, you'll first need to get a certificate from your bank in Pakistan that this money is white money not money laundered or black money. You branch bank manager should give you official certificate that includes details. Also you would need to pay taxes on that money in your bank because i heard NS government imposed taxes 4 million rupees and over need to pay 1.4 million rupees plus 35%. Once that is done you'll wire transfer it though your bank to your designated account in UK. You should go talk to your branch manager.
Thanks and it seem too much hassle. Why they dont have straightforward banking procedure as we see in European countries. We clarified the sources of income or money when we put the regular deposit in UBL.. 1.4 millions rupees taxes to withdraws 4 million rupees of your own money don't seem fair to me plus 35 % percent what?

I have account in UBL and not sure if they could do wire transfer to my UK account. When i opened the account they told me money can be transfer within Pakistan but not outside Pakistan. I actually made a mistake to not open foreign currency account in Pakistan. I am not in Pakistan but i will send someone for further information

Any reliabke and reputed money exchange will do it for you......cant say about legality since never bothered with it but I have seen people doing that ....they will take money from you here and you can get money in UK at the same time....

are you talking about Hundi?

I think in hundi you can only send money in Pakistan but cannot receive it from Pakistan..Hundi is legal now in UK

Make an electronic transfer to my New York Based Account.....:D

apni sari jama pounji app ko bejj kar mein kangla ho jahoon :D

are you a corrupt Pakistani?

most bloody likely

Are you bloody fool telling me or asking me? :D

Corrupt Pakistani live in Pakistan and keep their money in Swiss accounts while i am living and working abroad and kept all my saving in Pakistani bank account for more than 8 years without taking zero penny interests and i would have been kept there if i don't need it for business investment

[MENTION=37513] Also you would need to pay taxes on that money in your bank because i heard NS government imposed taxes 4 million rupees and over need to pay 1.4 million rupees plus 35%. Once that is done you'll wire transfer it though your bank to your designated account in UK. You should go talk to your branch manager.

Does NS pay? :unsure:

1.4 million + 35% tax tou 1.4 m kiya tha ghunda tax?

Hawala interspersed over a few months:pakistan:
Because any other way.. you will end up losing a substantial amount of your money to bank handling and transfer charges.

Raja Pakistani why you can't transfer it from a UK Pakistani bank such as Habib bank to a account in Pakistan? I do the same with Bank of Baroda that way you know your money is safe and the transaction will be done fast.

@Raja.Pakistani Well, you could transfer the max amount from other member's accounts and then pay them back from the 10k u have in UBL? :P

yup there is Barclays in Islamabad..

OR
you can open a pound account in some Dubai bank ...dad did that and then transfer it to UK bank....

are you talking about Hundi?

I think in hundi you can only send money in Pakistan but cannot receive it from Pakistan..Hundi is legal now in UK
kind of hundi...yes....you can either send someone to dealers here in Pakistan or speak to your local money exchange, they will arrange it for you......

@Raja.Pakistani Well, you could transfer the max amount from other member's accounts and then pay them back from the 10k u have in UBL? :P

yup there is Barclays in Islamabad..and then you can open a pound account in some Dubai bank ...dad did that and then transfer it to UK bank....

kyoon na talon ko bejhoon pakistan aur woo sara cash le ka a jahey uk aur ja k juma karadoon lakin airport par be risk ha 5000 pounds se zyada le jana sath

Yea i have seen barclays and HSBC in Rawalpindi/islamaba but they operate under same rules and regulations as UBL or any other private bank of pakistan..yea opening foreign currency account in Fysal bank or HSBC was good idea which i realized now when i need urgent money

kyoon na talon ko bejhoon pakistan aur woo sara cash le ka a jahey uk aur ja k juma karadoon lakin airport par be risk ha 5000 pounds se zyada le jana sath

Yea i have seen barclays and HSBC in Rawalpindi/islamaba but they operate under same rules and regulations as UBL or any other private bank of pakistan..yea opening foreign currency account in Fysal bank or HSBC was good idea which i realized now when i need urgent money

yea find about some 20 friends and ask them to bring some amounts :D

Ooo I didnt know Barclays in Pak was Pak style :undecided: well try some Dubai bank...they even have online banking am not sure which 1 dad used...But he just emailed the bank manager and all the money went to us...

Back
Top Bottom