What's new

What is the Best fighter jet for Pakistan Navy Aviation?

To free up the PAF and allow it to concentrate on protecting and striking land-based targets. Air Force aircraft can be used to penetrate Indian air space or protect Pakistan's, the naval air arm can clear the skies over water, attack naval assets of adversaries and if necessary add another strike or defensive element that can compliment the PAF.

The reason is the same as any nation operating both a naval and conventional air arm, it adds flexibility and compounds an adversaries concerns, which forces them to spend more to counter new capabilities or divert assets from existing stores to shore up new problem areas.

Perhaps the reason this isn't being done is limited funds, resources to support over-sea air patrols/strikes, such as tankers, command and control, operational and maintenance experience and doctrine, which sees the PAF be responsible for air-patrol, strike and air defense - similar to how the US Army was once in control of the Air Force.

Unless China is willing to part with some of its J-XX series, or Russian relations are improved to where they'd supply Pakistan with naval-oriented aircraft, or the West decides the same, it's going to be a bit hard for Pakistan to acquire dedicated naval air assets - land-based of course, unless Pakistan is looking to acquire an aircraft carrier, create artificial islands to base aircraft out of, or develop LHAs to support VTOL maritime aircraft.

It's unclear whether or not the J-15 will be cleared for export, I've noticed more indications that it wont be, but it's a solid maritime-oriented strike platform:

j-15_04.jpg

j-15_03.jpg

Maybe a bit too expensive though.

I concur. But thats why I asked that. There's budget constraints, unfortunately. In this circumstance, if by any means such money was in hands of PN, I don't believe it was to be spent on fighter but combatant vessels, Air defense frigates from China if the case is AAW to be more specific. Unless there is operational LHA/LHD in service and enough funding is given, it still is not reliable and trustworthy to spend on fighter aircraft instead of DDG/FFGs to augument maritime AAW needs. And they don't seem to have a need for amphibious assault ship with flight decks capable for VTOL.

I will be glad if we stay on same boat a.k.a on topic :-)
I follow this forum from long ago and found your posts sensible...i wanna have claim that "IN will use iran ports during war":cheesy:
For brilliants, hint is more than enough
If Iran can provide airbases to isreal then why not for India.?

Why they will provide help to baniyas?
Ok leave it..in that case you should have goood relation with iran then nothing will happen( good relation means fine trade...because nowadays there no friendship b/w any countries its just self interest)
Exactly.
They will provide you help because they want to improve their proxies to increase Ayatollas hold in region Khurasan.

Ok...you have a point..every one should be carefull these days...its a race run or get crushed by your opponent.
[off topic]I have small doubt china is only country investing in pakistan? I never heard other news regarding foriegn investment [off topic]
What about naval version of jf-17?
Not bad choice very economical.

What is the Best fighter jet for Pakistan Navy Aviation?

1) F-18 Super Hornet
2) Typhoon
3) Rafale
4) Su-35BM
5) J-10B
6) Gripen
7) Mig-35D
8) J-11B

If Pakistan Navy Aviation has fighter jets it can protect ports itself without help from Pakistan Air force.

Getting fighter jets for Pakistan Navy Aviation will directly benefit Pakistan Air force because Pakistan Air force can save time to do other Air Defense activists.

JF17 period

PN naval aviation does not need fighter jets. Most navies do not have their own fighters.

Can anyone give me one single appropriate reason for Pakistani Navy to acquire fighter jets?

Hi,

The need is a deep strike aircraft that can reach south india's beach cities and naval installation,

The strike from the sea can be directed from different directions at different targets---just look at the map of Pakistan and india. That brings in un-predictability to the strike element.

JF 17 does not have the legs to reach MUMBAI.

Hi,

The need is a deep strike aircraft that can reach south india's beach cities and naval installation,

The strike from the sea can be directed from different directions at different targets---just look at the map of Pakistan and india. That brings in un-predictability to the strike element.

JF17 does not have the legs to reach MUMBAI.
I don't think we need an air asset to do what you are proposing . I think JH7 and its iterations would be taking a step back rather than forward. However i do fully accept a need for a twin engined platform for protective cover for the platforms like P3s which go out hunting for IN platforms and sub sea assets.
It is sheer folly to think of numerical and technical superiority without the economy to back it up. Secondly with the relative size difference of India and Pakistan and their relative industrial and economic clout you will always be found wanting. What one needs to do is to have enough deterrence to make the enemy think twice before they attack. As to reaching the Indian Beeches, man why do you want to scare the poor Indians there. Let them have a good time. When the time comes and a response or aggressive move is needed, it will be made. But remember the result will be MAD as no one would wait to find out if the approaching missile is carrying a conventional or nuclear warhead.
Whether we like it or not the reality is we are still far away from a twin engined platform for the navy and even for the Air force. We need to have a boost in our defence budget for the upkeep of these platforms and inspite of the rosy pictures that various posters paste about Pakistan's economic progress I will believe it when I see it coming.
Araz

Last edited:
I don't think we need an air asset to do what you are proposing . I think JH7 and its iterations would be taking a step back rather than forward. However i do fully accept a need for a twin engined platform for protective cover for the platforms like P3s which go out hunting for IN platforms and sub sea assets.

Hi,

The only place that india is vulnerable is it coastline. And to manipulate it---you need an aircraft with long legs and a heavy load. With its 2500 miles + combat radius---it can close in on the target from multiple directions.

So---when you say it is taking a step backwards----please----not in words----but in technical terms. Just saying " I don't believe in it is not enough " is not enough---what are the technical aspects of the aircraft that is an issue.

Until and unless Mumbai is not under the strike range---Pakistan does not control over the battle.

Hi,

JF 17 does not have the legs to reach MUMBAI.

Hey,

Of course it's up to whatever your staff decides on but the thing is having fighter aircraft at Naval aviation means these aircraft are there to support PN operations and only if PN intends to strike targets at south then this acquisition can be logical as long as such ops is within PN's mission authorizations. Personally I believe in any case if your Navy was allocated a budget large enough to procure a squadron or squadrons of aircraft that can conduct deep strike over long distances, it would be by far the best decision spending on that money to larger hull frigates from China and on defense industry to integrate the ALCMs in service to be suitable for surface & subsurface platforms. But this what I say including the use of naval aviation are standardized guidelines for nato. So its likely that it might be completely a different perspective than that of PN and we can't know that unless a war happens on the seas. But whenever I talked technical issues with PN cadets at Tuzla, their first ever priority was always been supporting and upgrading the surface/subsurface fleet, most importantly the frigates. So I don't expect such a procurement.

Hi,

The only place that india is vulnerable is it coastline. And to manipulate it---you need an aircraft with long legs and a heavy load. With its 2500 miles + combat radius---it can close in on the target from multiple directions.

So---when you say it is taking a step backwards----please----not in words----but in technical terms. Just saying " I don't believe in it is not enough " is not enough---what are the technical aspects of the aircraft that is an issue.

Until and unless Mumbai is not under the strike range---Pakistan does not control over the battle.
the distance from Karachi to Mumbai is 2000 km and jft can reach there with total safety ie escaping radar range it would be 3000 km
so jft has long legs

the distance from Karachi to Mumbai is 2000 km and jft can reach there with total safety ie escaping radar range it would be 3000 km
so jft has long legs

Hi,

The JFT combat radius is around 800 miles after it has refueled after take off.

Hey,
But whenever I talked technical issues with PN cadets at Tuzla, their first ever priority was always been supporting and upgrading the surface/subsurface fleet, most importantly the frigates. So I don't expect such a procurement.

Hi,

And you are correct---frigates is the most important need of the navy---. But then the navy also wants its air wing--maintained and managed by the air force but under the control of navy----.

What it comes down to is that how deep can Pakistani aircraft strike into india----if you look at the border between Pakistan and india----not too many place that they can penetrate thru----they will face heavy SA batteries and interceptors.

But if you look at Karachi---Pasni---Gwadar and then look at the coastline----with an aircraft with long legs and heavy weight carrying capacity---we can wreak havoc on the indian coastline cities that are 700---1000 miles away.

On the borders---the direction is predictable----from the seas---the direction is not predictable---take a look at this map

mp.jpg

On this map---Pasni is on the left of Karachi on the coastline---and further up is Gwadar----almost 800 miles crow flight---but with around 2600 miles strike radius after refueling---and launching capabilitiy of 150-200 miles away from the target for air to ship or air to surface missiles---it give the forces a great diversity to touch the enemy.

Mumbai---pune---Bangalore---chenai are the Jugular veins of India---. The game can change within hours if Pakistan can reach these targets.

Mumbai and Pune alone is the Cheesecake---. Pakistan could also be developing Babur air to surface cruise missiles----which will give it a strike capability launch of around 1500 KM.

Now it is solely not the responsibility of the navy to do that------navy is welcome to----but the air force can take the lead.

India has the capacity and the capability to reach anywhere in Pakistan---Pakistan must have the strength to do the same-----

The young cadets or officers would not know this r would not understand this---because the limited availability of strategic material.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom