What's new

What is system 360 operator training course?

alihaider29

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
as mentioned in the ad below:
x.JPG

as mentioned in the ad below:
View attachment 603219

If I am right, this refers to an operating system that worked on IBM behemoths, mainframe systems, dating back to the 60s and 70s of the last century. Again, if I am right, this is the OS developed by a development team several hundred strong, and its work was immortalised in the iconic book on software development, The Mythical Man-month, by Frederick Brooks.

If I am right, this refers to an operating system that worked on IBM behemoths, mainframe systems, dating back to the 60s and 70s of the last century. Again, if I am right, this is the OS developed by a development team several hundred strong, and its work was immortalised in the iconic book on software development, The Mythical Man-month, by Frederick Brooks.
Thanks for the response but the reason I posted here was I didn't find any other result except for what you mentioned. I think there is an issue with the ad. Since it's a data entry job, they might be taking about ms office 365 certification.

Thanks for the response but the reason I posted here was I didn't find any other result except for what you mentioned. I think there is an issue with the ad. Since it's a data entry job, they might be taking about ms office 365 certification.

You may be right, or there might be an old monster machine lurking around somewhere that needs a zookeeper. (Personal: I used to teach people JCL at one stage).

You may be right, or there might be an old monster machine lurking around somewhere that needs a zookeeper. (Personal: I used to teach people JCL at one stage).
Oh mine, got your point and makes perfect sense .. Since it's a government job, we can expect anything lol

Conclusion: The system 360 operator course certification is not required before applying but will be offered to every candidate who will appear at a certain level / stage of selection.. after course completion, they might take some sort of test and the one who will pass will be preferred.

@Joe Shearer , and someone made a video outta your answer lol
youtu.be/ifZbm9oIW3M

Conclusion: The system 360 operator course certification is not required before applying but will be offered to every candidate who will appear at a certain level / stage of selection.. after course completion, they might take some sort of test and the one who will pass will be preferred.

@Joe Shearer , and someone made a video outta your answer lol
youtu.be/ifZbm9oIW3M

This is hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom