What's new

What is Bangladesh doing to counter Indian interference?

I don’t think India loves Bangladesh. Indian policies are always based on what gains they can get from the other party where as Pakistan has a special relationship with Bangladesh. Besides the sad incident of 1971 it will remain a fact that Muslims of Bengal fought for Pakistan against the Hindu domination wather any one accepts it or not.

We just do not study enough history then Bangladeshis would know about the 1905 Bengal partition and why Bengali Muslims pushed the idea of Pakistan before anyone else.

Sir,as far as my knowledge of history goes,i'd like to put forward some facts: 1. The 1905 partition was called by the british(curse them). 2. Partition planned because the british faced largest amount of revolts in bengal and punjab 3. The whole of BENGAL(taking general case, or, majority) was against it. 4. It was'nt really the hindu-muslim rivalry then,above all, they were Bengalis. It was the british who knowingly highlighted the hindu-muslim rivalry............4. Many of our ancestors died to stop this partition.........be hindu or muslim. And really,after Its arrival in the Indian subcontinent ,ISLAM merged with the prevailing Indian culture to a huge extent.........in the mughal era peace was there between hindus and muslims(notably Akbar era).......... It was the british who with their vested interests plotted us apart(like in the cartridge controversy,which backfired on them).........though much water went through the Padma in the post british era.........it was ultimately the British who created this strife.......thnx

Sir,the chances of a Indo-Bangla conflict are minimal in the near future..............1. we in India do not see Bangladesh as an enemy. 2. If even India ever does,i'm sure the bengalis with their ever growing witt(maybe foreign policy,or may even be a elephant out of the hat) are more than capable of tackling such situations. 3. Bengalis are greatly secular in their views(my knowledge and observation),which means a hell lot of united bengalis. 4. The bulk of the attack will have to be from the west bengal border,whose inhabitants are more than just pro-bangladeshi(BENGALIS, YOU KNOW ,WE ARE).........,.. Taking my first point into consideration,the others are insignificant....................LONG LIVE BANGLADESH....LONG LIVE BENGALIS........LONG LIVE INDIA...........thnx

You are bang on target sir,they are doing it alrite,otherwise,why would a pro-india government be voted for in their national elections?? It doesn't really matter how much hatred is spit on India by our dear bangladeshi friends here.........and yes,it must be remembered that the election process in bangladesh was appreciated as a fair and neat one by the world body(eg....voter id cards with photographs)..... Thnx

Last edited:
You are bang on target sir,they are doing it alrite,otherwise,why would a pro-india government be voted for in their national elections?? It doesn't really matter how much hatred is spit on India by our dear bangladeshi friends here.........and yes,it must be remembered that the election process in bangladesh was appreciated as a fair and neat one by the world body(eg....voter id cards with photographs)..... Thnx

There is nothing called pro-indian govt but they voted for a secular and progressive govt.

There is nothing called pro-indian govt but they voted for a secular and progressive govt.

Yeah,people voted for a change.Last time AL got what it deserved trying to be "Pro-Indian".So it would be better for them to become "Pro-Bangladesh" and remain like that.So far have not seen anything of that kind.

To answer the question asked in the title of the thread:

Making friends with India.

Most difficult prescription so far---unless you tell how & where to find “friendship”---as long as India is concerned.

Myself being a proponent of brotherhood between P & B, and friendship between I & B and I & P, I found befriending India is almost close to impossible. With much less effort, Pakistan can be fraternized.

We gave India a broken Pakistan on a silver platter, and thought this time it will do. With our assistance, India packed 90,000 Pak soldiers in a sack and went home, we thought now at least it will do. It never did.

India sucked all the water upland, killed every year innocent peasants at the border like pheasants, put all obstacles to reduce huge trade gaps, yet we laughed at your un-laughable jokes by voting your stooges, but never came to know the pleasure of friendship with India.

You fought several wars and had so many skirmishes with Pakistan. You never could had so many POWs that we supplied. We assisted in getting you the so scanty a pleasure. What more one can do to earn your friendship ?

Upon returning from various rural fronts of the freedom struggle, we three friends were wondering on the river bank under some warmth of afternoon winter sun. A 2-decker steamer (vintage of British days) were carrying on its upper deck PAK POWs---surrounded by few olive-green clad jawans of Indian Army---POWs were hardly talking with each other, they looked grim and withdrawn, no shoes, no caps, no belts, no insignias, no weapons.

Looking at the spectacle, one friend wept silently: After all, it was too painful to see Muslim warriors so subdued by others. The other friend made just a small remark and fell silent: “It appears as if few foxes are guarding a herd of lions”. I then suddenly realized “After all said and done, a difference is still there between India and Pakistan.”

Almost 38 years passed away, that difference---as I felt that afternoon---is what I experience till today.

How much friend Sri Lanka and Nepal are to India ?

Why ??

You need to tell us. And then make another fresh suggestion.

Last edited:
Most difficult prescription so far---unless you tell how & where to find “friendship”---as long as India is concerned.

Myself being a proponent of brotherhood between P & B, and friendship between I & B and I & P, I found befriending India is almost close to impossible. With much less effort, Pakistan can be fraternized.
[/B]

I must admit. Your knowledge regarding this matter is tremendous and I appreciate all of your excellent posts.
I say hell with India because they never desire a phosphorous Bangladesh with strong military. Its cunning propaganda and our weakness disband Pakistan to accommodate it's interest.

I am all for the strong brotherly relation with Pakistan and only one way to counter attack against Indian hegemonic design for south Asia. We actually need Pakistan more than they do. We are surrounded by Indian without any land connection to Islamic world. It should be our desire to have strong brother next to us. I think we should form some kind union with Pakistan. A very strong mean Islamic military in both wing with nuke and that change the whole scenario....

so with that in mind and if Pakistan willing than

What your take on forming Union with Pakistan????

Last edited:
To iajdani, sir,it has been widely proclaimed dat the bangladeshi pm is a pro-indian(even some bangladeshi members here pointed dat out-her indian links and all).and sir, do you expect any country in this whole wide world to befriend you without any 'MUTUAL' interest in concern? India for a long time has been pressing da bangla gov. for da insurgents who cross da border every day(believe me,i live in wb and i see a lot of new faces every month) ...............at the end of the day everyone wants bangladesh's improvement,but dat should'nt collide with any of its neighbours...........suprobhat to my bd brothers.......

To iajdani, sir,it has been widely proclaimed dat the bangladeshi pm is a pro-indian(even some bangladeshi members here pointed dat out-her indian links and all).and sir, do you expect any country in this whole wide world to befriend you without any 'MUTUAL' interest in concern? India for a long time has been pressing da bangla gov. for da insurgents who cross da border every day(believe me,i live in wb and i see a lot of new faces every month) ...............at the end of the day everyone wants bangladesh's improvement,but dat should'nt collide with any of its neighbours...........suprobhat to my bd brothers.......

First, people voted AL not Hasina. Second AL asked for vote to build a secular progressive BD not for becoming pro-india. So when people voted AL they voted for change not for pro-india.
You have some concern regarding insurgent crossing border. There is very little BD can do about it no matter whoever in power. You have to solve the problem from yourself so that there will bo no need for inurgent in India. We had the same problem in CHT and India not only let them cross the border but also armed them (which is now back firing on India). But we settled the issue with the Chakmas and they are now living peacefully in BD and became part of prosperity that other part of BD are enjoying.

We gave India a broken Pakistan on a silver platter, and thought this time it will do. With our assistance, India packed 90,000 Pak soldiers in a sack and went home, we thought now at least it will do. It never did.

India sucked all the water upland, killed every year innocent peasants at the border like pheasants, put all obstacles to reduce huge trade gaps, yet we laughed at your un-laughable jokes by voting your stooges, but never came to know the pleasure of friendship with India.

You fought several wars and had so many skirmishes with Pakistan. You never could had so many POWs that we supplied. We assisted in getting you the so scanty a pleasure. What more one can do to earn your friendship ?

Upon returning from various rural fronts of the freedom struggle, we three friends were wondering on the river bank under some warmth of afternoon winter sun. A 2-decker steamer (vintage of British days) were carrying on its upper deck PAK POWs---surrounded by few olive-green clad jawans of Indian Army---POWs were hardly talking with each other, they looked grim and withdrawn, no shoes, no caps, no belts, no insignias, no weapons.

Looking at the spectacle, one friend wept silently: After all, it was too painful to see Muslim warriors so subdued by others. The other friend made just a small remark and fell silent: “It appears as if few foxes are guarding a herd of lions”. I then suddenly realized “After all said and done, a difference is still there between India and Pakistan.”

Almost 38 years passed away, that difference---as I felt that afternoon---is what I experience till today.

How much friend Sri Lanka and Nepal are to India ?

Why ??

You need to tell us. And then make another fresh suggestion.

"Looking at the spectacle, one friend wept silently: After all, it was too painful to see Muslim warriors so subdued by others. The other friend made just a small remark and fell silent: “It appears as if few foxes are guarding a herd of lions”. I then suddenly realized “After all said and done, a difference is still there between India and Pakistan.” "

Such statements make it very clear u are anything but Bangladeshi.
Its the bengali mukti Bahini who faught the pak army & died in millions for the creation free Bangladesh.

U & ur friends must be part of those razakars who presecution is election promise of the current PM who won the election with overwhelming support of Bangla ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:
To iajdani sir,yes insurgency is really a trouble for India and India is trying hard to stop it........it is u who now is telling India must solve its own problem, but in the process when some bd insurgents and smugglers are killed by da bsf it is u who cries foul bout da bsf .........bravo!!!

People twist and turn their views according to threads. In another thread on mutiny in BDR the BD members were claiming AL is pro-Indian but in this they have changed it. If BD and India learn the way India and China are handling their realtion it will be good. India and China have many diffrences but their relation is growing in trade.
Coming to Bangladesh well they have 3/4 big cities. It is a Dhaka centric country. It will good for both of us if we have a good realationship.

Is really India trying to dominate BD? A country can dominate others by money or by its defense forces. Definitely India not interfering BD politics and Indian military not trying to make any presence there . Indian economy is not strong enough to "control" other country.Any move of Indian government towards BD could be only to secure BD from others countries having any kind of Military presence there.Its not only with BD , Myanmar and Srilanka also share the same cause according to me.This is very important for us to avoid any major powers establishing around India .

India does it because we sufferred invasion from Afghan and Mughals only because we could not secure certain strategic locations in Pakistan and even after years of invasion no Indian kings even tried to build some forts in those places.I think no other country needs to worry about this.By doing this India secures you as well.(India has blocked USA military presence in Srilanka). I think if SAARC tries to form an alliance like NATO ,this would secure entire region.

Back
Top Bottom