• Focus entirely on 200 planes for Pakistan Airforce forget sales

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • AWACs integration of JF17 thunder with Chinese AWACs

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Stealth Modification on JF17 thunder

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about Pakistan joining the marketing initiative? Simply because China is already a known supplier in the world. But you guys need to make your identity known. So I guess Pakistan should join the marketing initiative.

How about Pakistan joining the marketing initiative? Simply because China is already a known supplier in the world. But you guys need to make your identity known. So I guess Pakistan should join the marketing initiative.

Pakistan is already in the marketing initiative.

During the recent FIA, it were PAF JF-17s taken by PAF pilots, with PAF technicians / ground staff support and PAF pilots answering the visitors.

The PAC / Chengdu stall of JF-17 was manned by both countries personnel.

On it way it stopped at Turkey and KSA and shown to both countries air force people.

In the coming air shows at Singapore as well as at Zuhai, again it would be PAF flying them as well as its ground staff maintaining them.

Egypt is in talks with Pakistan regarding the JF-17 / FC-1 procurement, so Pakistan is well into the marketing stuff and has full rights to market it wherever it wants.

last year Pakistan sold $600MIL worth of defense goodies to different countries . . . . .

so to some extent we r already in market

so innocent of you....please go through some threads before asking such questions.....there has been a lot of discussion on Pakistani defence exports

Only advantage that Pakistan would get from this thunder is that it gets a decent plane to replace their vintage mirages and Chinese Migs. Talks of AESA and stealth on thunder would be quite amateurish. Who has got a fully functional AESA apart from the American. Chinese engine is still not ready.
This does not mean that thunder can't make Indian hearts shudder. but why you guys worry about India firstly we got no balls. we just opposite of Israel and secondly Uncle Sam is here to stay in AFK. they are making bases in AFK to keep a watch on china , Russia and not to forget Iran. Do u think they would let India attack their beloved ally and make mess of things near their listening post.

Only advantage that Pakistan would get from this thunder is that it gets a decent plane to replace their vintage mirages and Chinese Migs. Talks of AESA and stealth on thunder would be quite amateurish. Who has got a fully functional AESA apart from the American. Chinese engine is still not ready.
This does not mean that thunder can't make Indian hearts shudder. but why you guys worry about India firstly we got no balls. we just opposite of Israel and secondly Uncle Sam is here to stay in AFK. they are making bases in AFK to keep a watch on china , Russia and not to forget Iran. Do u think they would let India attack their beloved ally and make mess of things near their listening post.
again.....I would suggest some readings on the subject.....apart from US.....Selex produces two AESAs Vixen 500 and Vixen 1000 (former offered to PAF on IDEAS but PAF is interested in Later).......SAAB is also co operating with selex on development of an AESA in the class of Vixen 500E for Grippen....Rafale will have RBE-2 AESA by the end of this year...but two prominent names remain Northrop G and Selex...( I am willfully not mentioning the Typhoon, Russian and Chinese AESAs as their status remain somewhat unclear)

Hi,

Is there strategic gain for pakistan for procuring the JF 17's---it is a fill in the hole type of aircraft which doesnot change the power balance---well I should not say that---it does change the strategic balance somewhat----.

From truly impotent air force---paf is going to be a bvr capable air force with a sting---excluding the F 16's.

On the paper---the jf 17 procurement is a non threatening procurement---it is a miniature fighter with a potent sting---its size is so small that india can't even protest to the world---it can't do its tearful song and mournful dance in front of the world community---.

With numbers in the range of 250---the plane will show an impressive presence in the pakistani skies---but the bottomline will be the face off.

Get our 100 JF17 thunders in Airbases ASAP
then some Stealth Modification on JF17 thunder and sell's

Export market is not an issue, but the fact that right now PAF is not sure what exact package they are expecting.

With the rumored French Avionics deal on hold, RD-93 engines issue for export and WS-13 still in testing phase, we are not sure what those 250 planes for PAF it self will be. You can't sell a product to your customer based on that oh we can add this later, we can do this now.

PAF has to show Egypt that JF-17 is ready to roll.

I mean, just imagine if Lockheed told PAF that we are not sure about the F-16 engine but you can have the rest of it.

When Egypt or other air forces are going to buy JF-17 they will be buying the stores with it, like spare parts, which in most case are extra engines, landing gear, all the vital stuff.

These things have to be sorted out soon.

2010 is almost over and we still don't have a confirmation on what future avionics we are looking at on JF-17.

I hope PAF get AESA......

Always remember that sometimes things are made to look confusing for a specific purpose. No sane organization ever makes one plan for a situation, there are always Plan Bs and Plan Cs. PAF has shown Egypt that JFT is ready to not only Roll, but ROCK AND ROLL!! I think the demonstration in Zuhai said it all. It however still does not mean that Egypt will buy JFT, as there are a lot of extrenuous factors which could still affect sales. Whatever happpens in the future is only known to Allah, we can only prepare and it looks as if PAF and CATIC are ready. As far as i am concerned I think sales and development go hand in hand, and PAFs integration will go along with sales. A poster has said in one of the posts above that PAF should manufacture in blocks and keep uptodate with all the developments--- this will happen naturally and personally I dont see any order till 2012-13, which will give us enough time to sort out any propblems that currently are there in the development and supply sector.
Araz

Thread might once again focus on the strategic advantage, it seems to have veered off into export and sales and perhaps readers will agree that export and sales do not contribute to our understanding of, or even if, strategic advantages accrue.

A credible case can be made that the JFT project is certainly of a strategic nature and does afford Pakistan strategic advantages, beyond know how and manufacture and assembly capability, it also positions Pakistan to research and participate, at, hopefully, progressively more complex levels, the systems and technologies that hold the potential of allowing Pakistan to have greater confidence in her abilities to protect the nation and the state.

I think pakistan should first focus entirely on 200 planes for Pakistan Airforce and forget sales to foreign countries. I think building ones defence should be a priority. This will minimize the gap between indian and pakistani airforce.

Then the main area of stress should be AWACs integration of JF17 thunder with Chinese AWACs. This will further strengthen their defenses.

Let the Chinese handle negotiations with other states at least in the beginning, say until the 100th aircraft rolls out from pakistani production lines, by that time pakistan will have enough experience regarding the production of the aircraft and they will be better equipped to handle foreign customers.

Ensure timely and best upgrades for JF17 such as an AESA radar.

And lastly, the stealth modification of JF17. This should be their long term goal. By that time chinese experience in the area of stealth would be much greater and this will help pakistan in stealth modification.

Pak is given it to only the Muslim brothers so..its the same..defence of pakistan is as important as defence of other muslim countries which have good friendly relations with pakistan..:pakistan:

I think the Jf-17 is a blessing disguise for pakistan, and my reasons are

Its a economical 4.5 gen fighter, which can be sold to the needed. This increases their global footprint.

Also if Pakistan can invest in further development of Jf-17 then like the F-16 they can bring out newer blocks and make better planes. This also helps in increasing their aviation industry at home.

This is an area where i feel experts could either prove my point or denounce it, i think that since Jf-17 is light plane and probably its RCS could be less when compared with others, if developed further it can be developed in to a 5 gen plane. Please correct me if wrong.

Strategically also this plane if sold to even few would bring lot of opportunities to Pakistan.

i read that a new block is under development..:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom