• Focus entirely on 200 planes for Pakistan Airforce forget sales

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • AWACs integration of JF17 thunder with Chinese AWACs

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Stealth Modification on JF17 thunder

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think pakistan should first focus entirely on 200 planes for Pakistan Airforce and forget sales to foreign countries. I think building ones defence should be a priority. This will minimize the gap between indian and pakistani airforce.

Then the main area of stress should be AWACs integration of JF17 thunder with Chinese AWACs. This will further strengthen their defenses.

Let the Chinese handle negotiations with other states at least in the beginning, say until the 100th aircraft rolls out from pakistani production lines, by that time pakistan will have enough experience regarding the production of the aircraft and they will be better equipped to handle foreign customers.

Ensure timely and best upgrades for JF17 such as an AESA radar.

And lastly, the stealth modification of JF17. This should be their long term goal. By that time chinese experience in the area of stealth would be much greater and this will help pakistan in stealth modification.

Last edited:
Its interesting how the Thunder project will evolve - so many aspects are changing so rapidly

Zilch, nothing and Nada...But a lot of economic gains and revenue into the Pakistani economy generated through sales. The strategic gain is mainly for the Chinese for them to give it of on soft loans to other African countries for gaining access to their resources. Strategic gains can be made only if you can protect your interests in those foreign lands through manpower or money power. Right now the JF 17 has no strategic gains...only the FC 1 has.

I think the Jf-17 is a blessing disguise for pakistan, and my reasons are

Its a economical 4.5 gen fighter, which can be sold to the needed. This increases their global footprint.

Also if Pakistan can invest in further development of Jf-17 then like the F-16 they can bring out newer blocks and make better planes. This also helps in increasing their aviation industry at home.

This is an area where i feel experts could either prove my point or denounce it, i think that since Jf-17 is light plane and probably its RCS could be less when compared with others, if developed further it can be developed in to a 5 gen plane. Please correct me if wrong.

Strategically also this plane if sold to even few would bring lot of opportunities to Pakistan.

intregate our JF 17 with Awacs is the best chice and our main focus on be that because it will make 200 percent JF 17 more deadly for sure

I think the Jf-17 is a blessing disguise for pakistan, and my reasons are

Its a economical 4.5 gen fighter, which can be sold to the needed. This increases their global footprint.

Also if Pakistan can invest in further development of Jf-17 then like the F-16 they can bring out newer blocks and make better planes. This also helps in increasing their aviation industry at home.

This is an area where i feel experts could either prove my point or denounce it, i think that since Jf-17 is light plane and probably its RCS could be less when compared with others, if developed further it can be developed in to a 5 gen plane. Please correct me if wrong.

Strategically also this plane if sold to even few would bring lot of opportunities to Pakistan.

Ure idea is totally right about the small RCS..this is physical fact ..that is the reason PAF will try to make it stealthier in its new coming blocks:woot:..Inshallah this will create a platform for the PAF to introduce new innovations in the fighter aircraft field.:):coffee:
:pakistan::pdf:

In my humble opinion..pakistan should induct these in batches spread over atleast 15 years..so that they will have enough time to integrate new techs. in later batches while upgrading the others..

The evolution should not stop at JF17. we gained valuable r/d experience from this project and should continue to invest in 5th generation figher. Perhaps we can invite Ukranian, french, italian, turkish and Russian companies in JV for better input on technology mainly enginers

Azad Bhai :hitwall::hitwall: yaar aap bhi

Title of the Thread is What is a Strategic Gain JF17 thunder from Pakistan View points

And Poll is What is a Strategic priority JF17 thunder from Pakistan View point

So what is the thread really about ?? Gain or Priority ??

And why making the priority a poll ?? In priority you can't have just one option, you can have a multiple option strategy which can be given priority.

Plus so many options ?? Why can't having 150 JF-17s with AEW&C linkage be a priority combined together, both the tasks can have 1st priority and go side by side without effecting the program.

To be exact another one of the flawed topic thread by you, sorry to be saying that, but this thread has no purpose to be exact, your thread title and poll title are different and in reality you can't pursue one single priority option.

I think pakistan should first focus entirely on 200 planes for Pakistan Airforce and forget sales to foreign countries. I think building ones defence should be a priority. This will minimize the gap between indian and pakistani airforce.

Then the main area of stress should be AWACs integration of JF17 thunder with Chinese AWACs. This will further strengthen their defenses.

Let the Chinese handle negotiations with other states at least in the beginning, say until the 100th aircraft rolls out from pakistani production lines, by that time pakistan will have enough experience regarding the production of the aircraft and they will be better equipped to handle foreign customers.

And lastly, the stealth modification of JF17. This should be their long term goal. By that time chinese experience in the area of stealth would be much greater and this will help pakistan in stealth modification.

Obviously PAC will most likely concentrate on PAF orders....Egypt will get its manufacturing line and furthermore, if some customer would want it to equip with other equipment than Chinese....Then PAC is expanding its manufacturing capacity as per Nabil-05. The benifit for PAF will be that as more orders come in....the Perunit cost of PAF will start reducing as fixed cost component (R n D) will be distributed over production giving both buyer and PAF more fiscal room for improvements in systems

Ensure timely and best upgrades for JF17 such as an AESA radar.

Long term goals should be pursued at the earliest. Don't ever wait for future.

One must remember that JFT is a mainstay fighter and not the advanced fourth gen category so a balance between induction and export is a must. Soon there will be few competitors in the market that will provide comparative capability but at a higher cost so it has an advantage in terms of cost and sanction free baggage but export potential must be explored as soon as possible and we are doing just that. Egypt, Azerbaijan and Zimbabwe are certain buyers of JFT along with many others in the negotiations.

Zilch, nothing and Nada...But a lot of economic gains and revenue into the Pakistani economy generated through sales. The strategic gain is mainly for the Chinese for them to give it of on soft loans to other African countries for gaining access to their resources. Strategic gains can be made only if you can protect your interests in those foreign lands through manpower or money power. Right now the JF 17 has no strategic gains...only the FC 1 has.

Satish I agree mostly with a few exceptions. The strategic benefit to Pakistan is in a specific context and starts off by lessening our dependence on the West for our air defence needs. This allows us to conduct our policies a bit differently than in the 90s when we were totally at the mercy of the Americans. After our policies diverged from theirs, we saw the devastating impact of their behaviour on our ability to maintain a credible conventional deterrence.

Secondly, regardless of the level of Pakistani participation in the development program of the JF-17, Pakistan has laid a foundation for work on aeronautical and avionics technologies. This is a huge strategic benefit to Pakistan because it will eventually allow us to develop a lot more (if not all) of the technologies for future usage on our own.

Both of these are significant strategic benefits within the context of air power.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom