What's new

What India Wants From Pakistan....Follow Up Thread

What India wants from Pakistan? To not shelter train mentor fund and sustain terrorists who cause terror in India. If Pak is such a thekedar of Kashmir Muslims why do they not support Etim Muslims.

Please do it as soon as possible. We are doing this at our end and hope to complete the fencing by 2018. You can also do the same.

While you are at it please close down your embassy in New Delhi and we will close ours in Islamabad. Let there be complete and total isolation for 15 years. no state or non state actor coming and going. Pakistan does not mention India and vice versa. Whatever you do on your side of the border it is your wish whatever we do on our side of the border is our wish. No commentory on either side . We will be very happy if you can do this

this is absolutely correct. Even if 3rd point is not there we are happy. We can access Central Asia via Chabar port.

In total agreement. Not for 15 years but for eternity. Please hurry up. The treacherous Pakistani politicians are slowing everything down here. I appreciate it when right wing indians say a big "NO" to all things Pakistani. It's a win-win for all:-).

Lol that's your own point of view and very lame one..!
Really?

Suppose Sindh has a Hindu majority. Do you think they would be happy to be in IR Pakistan?

In total agreement. Not for 15 years but for eternity. Please hurry up. The treacherous Pakistani politicians are slowing everything down here. I appreciate it when right wing indians say a big "NO" to all things Pakistani. It's a win-win for all:-).
Agree with you. You want to disown everything on this side of the border. We should not hold you back and blackmail you with the culture/faith/sanskriti/dharma that we used to share once upon a time. The people of Pakistan should be allowed to go where it pleases - C. Asia and the M. East.

You had the same language, the same customs, the same culture
Very similar language, a different set of customs that overlapped only in limited segments, and a disparate culture.

Offcourse the onus of sowing the seeds of discord and exacerbating the divide lies upon the British who, meticulously played the two communities against each other and thrived in the ensuing atmosphere of mistrust and enmity. The classical 'Divide and Rule' as they call it.

Nonetheless, the British could not have successfully assumed the mantle of supreme authority over tens of millions of Indians, if they hadn't had the favorable ancillary support stemming from the prevailing rift between Muslims and Hindus So to say that the two biggest religious communities of India had no differences before British came would be incorrect. India was not exactly an epitome of religious harmony - a The disagreements didn't magically appear the moment British landed in India.

Religious animosity was the only reason for this divorce as you have clearly mentioned above. That was the basis of the Two Nation Theory. The justification of the State of The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Religious animosity, NO. Religious strife emanating from a distinct religious identity amidst clashing political goals at the time YES. The raison d'etre behind partition was more political than any other. The two communities had diverging political aspirations and incompatible visions about the political future of India. Failure at reconciling the two models made the partition inevitable.

The religion naturally was the best rallying cry - the best way to stir people's sentiments. It served the purpose of bonding members of a community together and galvanizing them into becoming the active political support for their representative political parties.

Waxing Hindu nationalist attitude and uncompromising stance of Congress bigwigs towards legitimate Muslim demands of power sharing also did not help. Then there were recurring episodes of communal violence that made any prospect of rapprochement between the two communities increasingly unimaginable.

Waxing Hindu nationalist attitude and uncompromising stance of Congress bigwigs towards legitimate Muslim demands of power sharing also did not help. Then there were recurring episodes of communal violence that made any prospect of rapprochement between the two communities increasingly unimaginable.
I don't find this very interesting. I kinda agree with Jinnah on more counts than one. I will let @Joe Shearer discuss this with you.

Really?

Suppose Sindh has a Hindu majority. Do you think they would be happy to be in IR Pakistan?

Agree with you. You want to disown everything on this side of the border. We should not hold you back and blackmail you with the culture/faith/sanskriti/dharma that we used to share once upon a time. The people of Pakistan should be allowed to go where it pleases - C. Asia and the M. East.

Disown now??????? Ended forever in 1947. It's been dead for nearly 70 years. Those days are dead. We may as well be trying to revive the ancient Egyptian culture.

What Pakistan (not general pakistanis) want is to fight with India so generals and politicians can be rich
Modi the so called Muslim killer tried his best to be friends with Pakistan even visiting pk
What did pak officials gave back they arranged a meeting with Kashmir separatists
My conclusion is that pak administration and army is using India hatred to hipnotize pak people for their own needs

I don't find this very interesting. I kinda agree with Jinnah on more counts than one. I will let @Joe Shearer discuss this with you.

Huh?

What did I do? I was just sitting peacefully, minding my own business.....:(

If you were referring to the remarks made by @Valkyrie , you are both on the same page, and that is what happened. So why don't you both kiss and make up?

We need to go back to Manmohan-Musharraf understanding from the mid 2000's. I think it will be eventually an LoC = IB--perhaps not on paper--but a fait accompli with free movements of people across both sides of Kashmir, greater internal freedoms, water rights of Pakistan respected, and the demographics of Kashmiris not disturbed.

As Manmohan used to say: "Sky is the limit so long as current borders are not changed". This would not be such a big concession given by India because Indians have pretty much given up on the Pakistani part of Kashmir. However, this will be a big concession given by Pakistan because Pakistanis have been wanting the whole of Kashmir from Day 1. And the concession made Musharraf a target of militants inside Pakistan.

Anyway, I don't buy this argument that India and Pakistan could never be friends. You'll be amazed how the hawks on both sides will be tamed once there is some real progress. And I believe the peace-dividends are huge for both countries--perhaps particularly for India because, currently, China-Pakistan combine have made it much harder for India to reach to India's very large western neighboring potentials.

Back
Top Bottom