What's new

What has obstructed Pakistan's rise .

In short:
We, as a nation, are lazy. We want to enjoy the comforts and luxury of a Western country with almost none of the effort and sacrifices that goes into it.

#1 thing that has obstructed Pakistan's rise is Pakistanis not paying income tax. With little tax revenue you have little government spending on public services, development projects, research, and defense.

Things like terrorism, sectarianism, army coups, wars, incompetent governments, are a factor but they can be abated by a well funded national treasury that has the funds to repair and develop the country. How a country utilizes its money is key.

In short:
We, as a nation, are lazy. We want to enjoy the comforts and luxury of a Western country with almost none of the effort and sacrifices that goes into it.

Laziness is a consequence of a root cause, and that is being well fed. The number of people who go hungry in Pakistan regardless of their poverty is much less than say in Europe during their revolutions and enlightenment. Unless there is mass starvation that drives Pakistanis crazy.. they are doomed to repeat the sinusoid of progress and degradation, albeit with a slight upward bias.

Good read @WAJsal
It may sound off topic, But how is youngsters viewing politics???? How many are joining politics ( I am not talking about the likes of bilawal)

#1 thing that has obstructed Pakistan's rise is Pakistanis not paying income tax. With little tax revenue you have little government spending on public services, development projects, research, and defense.
one of many things.I believe corruption and poor policies to be the major cause.
Thanks, forgot to tag you.
It may sound off topic, But how is youngsters viewing politics???? How many are joining politics ( I am not talking about the likes of bilawal)
I have always been interested in politics, would really like to somehow raise voice for my rights of my people.
But how is youngsters viewing politics????
Some very interested, and others have opposite views about politics due to impression laid about by politicians.
How many are joining politics ( I am not talking about the likes of bilawal)
Quite a few, mainly because they want to help their country and want a better future.

Thanks, forgot to tag you.

I have always been interested in politics, would really like to somehow raise voice for my rights of my people.

Some very interested, and others have opposite views about politics due to impression laid about by politicians.

Quite a few, mainly because they want to help their country and want a better future.

I guess this is an important aspect..... Youth joining politics and slowly changing the way politics is being played..... From the impression i get from posters here, they blame everything on Politicians and the massiah is Army...... If i look at it it is because

1) Lack of leadership/ Right leadership/Leadership with vision..... this caused the bad name for politics and politicians....
2) People trust army better than anything in the country.......

While the second part is good but it is at the cost of first part.... You have a strong army, now you should have a strong political system...... IK seems to be little different from usual politicians......But i dono how honest he is....

I guess this is an important aspect..... Youth joining politics and slowly changing the way politics is being played..... From the impression i get from posters here, they blame everything on Politicians and the massiah is Army...... If i look at it it is because

1) Lack of leadership/ Right leadership/Leadership with vision..... this caused the bad name for politics and politicians....
2) People trust army better than anything in the country.......
Agreed.
IK seems to be little different from usual politicians......But i dono how honest he is....
If we have tried everyone and they haven't delivered, he too deserves a chance. I'm sick of corrupt Zardaris and Nawaz sharifs.

If we have tried everyone and they haven't delivered, he too deserves a chance. I'm sick of corrupt Zardaris and Nawaz sharifs.

Well we had one of the most clean leader as our PM.... Dr. Manmohan Singh........But it did not stop other ministers from looting the country...... Actually it is wrong to attribute to one of two leaders..... It is the system which need to change....

Well we had one of the most clean leader as our PM.... Dr. Manmohan Singh........But it did not stop other ministers from looting the country...... Actually it is wrong to attribute to one of two leaders..... It is the system which need to change....
Agreed. Better late than never.

I think pakistan has done pretty well on all fronts.. there is room for improvement but even with 10 years of near civil war, the system has not collapsed. They got sizable middle class to work as backbone of the country.
The country is more democratic than most central asian (even some eastern european) countries, the press is freeer than those in India.

In my opinion,forgive me if I am shouting blunders :p

1. Early demise of Jinnah and lack of a strong leadership: the visionary was not there to lead or see his child. Pakistan lacked a strong leadership thereafter. Had Jinnah or another strong leaders were around,the picture wwould've been different. All other issues are results of this.

2. Over importance to religion:Banked on religion too much for promoting unity,for as big and populous as Pakistan,differences will certainlycertainly arise. In that occasion,religion should've been shown the back seat

3. Democracy took the back seat: Coups,An Army with its own country

4. Lack of industries and other amenities

5. Lack of a positive brand image

Things like terrorism, sectarianism, army coups, wars, incompetent governments, are a factor but they can be abated by a well funded national treasury that has the funds to repair and develop the country. How a country utilizes its money is key.

Many Pakistani members and experts say same.

Forgive me for interjecting. I have not read the whole debate but allow me to express my opinion and forgive me for my ignorance.
First propblem with Pakistan is lack of ideology and direction. I fail to understand how is it that muslims can claim to have an ideological state based on their religion and free practice of it and then choose to live a secular way of life. So could someone please enlighten me of the logic of this.
Secondly when we professed to live a secular life we did not even go about it with sincerity. Malignant misuse of power corruption galore and division based on ethnicity led to the rule of the strongest and the army took over. The army then indulged in electoral legitimacy which tentamounts to the very negation of its own modus operandi. Guess where that led us to but to a farce.since our independance we have neither form nor system nor ideological determination of the way we want to take. So why do people here lament anarchy on an individual basis when we have anarchy in our national development. As a nation we are more likely to conform to presidential form, and yet we have parliamentary form.
So we need to decide who we are what is the reason for our being and where we need to go. Once these questions are answered then we cqn move on from there. People need to understand that till we have a consensus on a national bass on these questions we will not go any where.
Political cohesion will lead to national consensus and the rest of the problems will fall in line. Till we do tuat there will be national identity crisis and consequent anarchy. The only fhing that thrives in anarchy is corruption and survival of the fittest.
Araz

Forgive me for interjecting. I have not read the whole debate but allow me to express my opinion and forgive me for my ignorance.
First propblem with Pakistan is lack of ideology and direction. I fail to understand how is it that muslims can claim to have an ideological state based on their religion and free practice of it and then choose to live a secular way of life. So could someone please enlighten me of the logic of this.
Secondly when we professed to live a secular life we did not even go about it with sincerity. Malignant misuse of power corruption galore and division based on ethnicity led to the rule of the strongest and the army took over. The army then indulged in electoral legitimacy which tentamounts to the very negation of its own modus operandi. Guess where that led us to but to a farce.since our independance we have neither form nor system nor ideological determination of the way we want to take. So why do people here lament anarchy on an individual basis when we have anarchy in our national development. As a nation we are more likely to conform to presidential form, and yet we have parliamentary form.
So we need to decide who we are what is the reason for our being and where we need to go. Once these questions are answered then we cqn move on from there. People need to understand that till we have a consensus on a national bass on these questions we will not go any where.
Political cohesion will lead to national consensus and the rest of the problems will fall in line. Till we do tuat there will be national identity crisis and consequent anarchy. The only fhing that thrives in anarchy is corruption and survival of the fittest.
Araz
Tried to explain it in the OP, do read it and more importantly thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom