What's new

What has obstructed Pakistan's rise .

it is one of those corporate buzz-words that mba types created... another such is "leverage".
ahh . Leverage - use it while you have it . Is that the correct definition . LOLZ .
arre nai janaab, i was talking about pakistan's problems and your essay recognizing it clearly. :lol:
I think i fitted everything quite well . Plus i was getting bored and i thought ,"chor yar post kar deta hon." LOLZ . The ending , how was it ?

short sighted foreign policy, wrong priorities which led to the destruction of social fabric with long term effect.

ahh . Leverage - use it while you have it . Is that the correct definition . LOLZ .

yes, though i will extend that with the item# 2 in "verb" section in below definition ( google's definition )... the modern usage in newspapers and internet and colleges and companies comes from some idiot mba extending the "finance" derivation of this word plus the item# 2 in "verb section"... oh, how i hate such words... :angry:

snapshot - leverage meaning.jpeg

I think i fitted everything quite well . Plus i was getting bored and i thought ,"chor yar post kar deta hon." LOLZ .

many good things come from people being bored... khaali dimaagh and shaitan, are good things. :D

The ending , how was it ?

ending was good and exhorted the readers to become versions of jinnah and edhi, and exhorted people to pursue their dreams ( because that really is the way to develop societies ).

but i won't persist on "pakistan forever" ( :-) ) because i have proposed this ( proposal for a new division of south asia | Page 10 )... do read.

Research and Analysis Wing and National Technical Research Organization.

yes, though i will extend that with the item# 2 in "verb" section in below definition ( google's definition )... the modern usage in newspapers and internet and colleges and companies comes from some idiot mba extending the "finance" derivation of this word plus the item# 2 in "verb section"... oh, how i hate such words... :angry:

snapshot-leverage-meaning-jpeg.220967
Lolz . Implication in real life(leverage ) . How do you view it ?
many good things come from people being bored... khaali dimaagh and shaitan, are good things. :D
:astagh:
ending was good and exhorted the readers to become versions of jinnah and edhi, and exhorted people to pursue their dreams ( because that really is the way to develop societies ).
I know . I wanted to make the ending a bit emotional .
but i won't persist on "pakistan forever" ( :-) ) because i have proposed this ( proposal for a new division of south asia | Page 10 )... do read.
You know it ain't happening. Not in a million years .

I didn't mention it , but have you not seen some sort of change in military tactics ? They are keen to work with a democratic government . I think Raheel Sharif is doing a great job .

The current military leadership seems wiser and thus willing. But there are some retired generals who would try and have tried to get what they want, some of them tried very hard indeed.

The current military leadership seems wiser and thus willing. But there are some retired generals who would try and have tried to get what they want, some of them tried very hard indeed.
"The only thing that has threatened Pakistan’s national security has been this penchant for imposing a quasi-authoritarian state on a diverse people."
History is the best lesson .
Have a good day .

@Jungibaaz , how was the ending . And the overall text . I have started writing recently . Wrote this before it . Gilgit as a fifth province
Hope you guys enjoyed it .

After every stint of direct military rule, Pakistan has emerged weaker and bruised. Democracy on the other hand has never weakened Pakistan contrary to the popular narrative in the middle class .
The issue is that we have had very little real democracy and in actuality the democratic periods have been eras of stunted growth and corruption. The last major dams were built in the dictatorship of General Ayub, the last local body elections were under General Musharraf. While I agree that democracy is the way forward it is imperative to re-define democracy rather then accept this current system as correct.
Democracy , if given time , will evolve and serve the people . Much like democracy political thought also needs to , has to evolve . Those who do family politics can’t be expected to run a democratic country . If the country is to move forward those who do politics in the name of sects or religion , need to change their political thought .
Who uproots a running business or fundamentally changes it where there is no incentive to do so. People are quietly accepting the misplaced priorities of the current government just like they accepted the policies of the last democratic government. There are no real think tanks, no analysis on fund allocation, and prevalent issues such as joblessness and issues which are coming in the coming decade including but not limited to water scarcity and collapse of healthcare system are being ignored. Just like the electricity crisis of today, the issues of tomorrow are being left unanswered in a very immature policy. Accountability and planning are lacking in this current set up making a model which is meant to fail.
The state throughout the years has had a very obtuse policy towards terrorism , which have had a very strong counter effect on the state . These policies so futile , weak and biased , that insurrection of all sorts had risen against the state . Anyone who pleased would openly support and welcome these insurgents . Our enemy had cunningly used our poor situation in their interest for many years and internally destabilized us . The state itself has been at the brink of collapse many times socially and economically .
Terrorism is a relatively new term which needs to be replaced by traitors in some instances. As serious as the terrorist threat of the Taliban is, and it is very serious, it dwarfs in comparison to the traitors who write our polices, who argue against the development of Pakistan, and use a well oiled apparatus to go against the state in every development project, who argue against every step meant for the betterment of the country and who stand in the way of progress while undermining and deteriorating the power of the state taking advantage of sectarian rifts and tribal loyalties to try and keep our focus away from real issues that plague the nation today.
The solutions to Pakistan’s problems are its people.
They are both the problem and the solution. People blame education as the issue of today, but which parent lacking resources will educate their children today when they see educated people running around with their degree in their hand trying to find jobs, which parent will spring for a child's bachelors degree when they see bachelors roaming the streets until they get frustrated looking for jobs.
sorry for the rant, but the problem with our democracy is the type of people voted in. I keep saying this on the forum and I will repeat it again, dams, hospitals, reduced government, and reforms in general to make this place a better place for all to live in.
I have shied away from opinions on foreign policy and specific issues to not make this a meaningless debate, I apologize again if it seems like a rant. Well written @WAJsal
A path to peace, you have read it a few days ago I think, please read the posts of @MastanKhan who helped me understand some issues from a different angle, where he argued that a free judiciary and quick justice are a cornerstone for a prosperous future.

You might have heard the joke about the Pakistanis in the hell!

Someone was made to visit the hell. He noticed on the rim of the pits, there were guards who would throw back anybody tried to escape from the pit. However, on the rim of one pit, there was no guard. The visitor asked the accompanied officer for why nobody was guarding that particular pit? There are Pakistanis in that pit, and whenever somebody tries to escape, they pull him back, replied the officer, hence the pit is left unguarded.

What has obstructed Pakistan’s rise ?

Pakistan has a magnitude of problems ,diverse and vast . Including the Taliban, religious extremism, violence against women and official religious discrimination . Bruised and blooded , Pakistan is still here . Realizing this, those who would like it to disappear into thin air tend to take solace in Pakistan’s misery. They paint a picture of a country that is hopeless, underdeveloped and without any future, a failed state or even an irrelevant state. Yet visiting Pakistan often disabuses the visitor of their odd preconceived notions.

Pakistan has some serious problems .Yes ,but we should never be defined by these problems , as usually portrayed .

The only thing that has threatened Pakistan’s national security has been this penchant for imposing a quasi-authoritarian state on a diverse people. Instead, if Pakistan’s federal structure is worked honestly and democracy is given a chance, there is no power on earth that can undo the country. It would be this attitude and antipathy towards federalism and representative rule that led to the breakup of the country in 1971. Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, all evidence suggests, was ready to settle for a more honest interpretation of the Lahore Resolution. It was the state that failed to accommodate the genuine concerns of patriots driven away to separatism. The paradigm shift has to be that national security be linked directly to the idea of democracy. Nothing strengthens Pakistan more than democracy and nothing weakens it quite like dictatorship. History bears witness to this fact. After every stint of direct military rule, Pakistan has emerged weaker and bruised. Democracy on the other hand has never weakened Pakistan contrary to the popular narrative in the middle class .

Democracy , if given time , will evolve and serve the people . Much like democracy political thought also needs to , has to evolve . Those who do family politics can’t be expected to run a democratic country . If the country is to move forward those who do politics in the name of sects or religion , need to change their political thought .

The state throughout the years has had a very obtuse policy towards terrorism , which have had a very strong counter effect on the state . These policies so futile , weak and biased , that insurrection of all sorts had risen against the state . Anyone who pleased would openly support and welcome these insurgents . Our enemy had cunningly used our poor situation in their interest for many years and internally destabilized us . The state itself has been at the brink of collapse many times socially and economically .

All in all it has been our poor policies that has obstructed our rise .

We have been through it all bad , worse ,even hell .Regardless of their attempts to weaken us , we have always risen . Even after their most horrific attempt to weaken us , we rose up .Pakistan’s current situation calls for optimism , as terrorism through definite and decisive policies has fallen ever since operation Zarb-e-azb started .Now it’s time to completely exterminate this parasite that has been living among for so long. What kept us going all these testing times had been hope . We the people have lived in this land since time immemorial and we are not going to allow ourselves to be overwhelmed by either those barbarians out to destroy us through bombs and guns or those who wish us ill and revel in our misery. Pakistan will rise. It is not a question of if but when. Let us do our part to make sure it happens sooner rather than later.Pakistan is a country of 180 million plus people with a large middle class . A country with diversity , pluralism , a mosaic of cultures , more than 10 languages and history dating back to 6,000 years . A country rich in mineral resources . Every element to become a great country .

The solutions to Pakistan’s problems are its people. There is no need to complain, cringe and blame others. Work towards ideas you believe in, support causes, start your own cause, involve your community or neighborhood, establish businesses, take action and engage others. There is a Jinnah, Edhi in each one of us. One hopes, that we, the individuals, realize our potential and importance. One hopes that we become the change that is needed in our society. And one hopes to succeed against all odds.In Pakistan we have a great country , a country blessed with uncountable gifts . We have every element to become a great country. We must focus on educating our huge young population , eagerly wanting to do something for their country , to make it a better place .Good education is present in almost all emerging democracies and we cannot be left behind . Let us all do our part to make this country a better place for our next generation .

We must follow our founder's teachings , it was our very ignorance that has led to our current situation . We must make a Pakistan , our founding fathers had long dreamed of strived and sacrificed for .

May god bless Pakistan .

Hi,

The thing that tops the list is LACK OFCHARACTER.

When stupid rules stupid---what else are you going to get out of it.

Last edited:
A path to peace, you have read it a few days ago I think, please read the posts of @MastanKhan who helped me understand some issues from a different angle, where he argued that a free judiciary and quick justice are a cornerstone for a prosperous future.
I will , i skimmed it through due to shortage of time , but i will go through it . Would read anything that's well written .
The issue is that we have had very little real democracy and in actuality the democratic periods have been eras of stunted growth and corruption. The last major dams were built in the dictatorship of General Ayub, the last local body elections were under General Musharraf. While I agree that democracy is the way forward it is imperative to re-define democracy rather then accept this current system as correct.
Very little is the key word here .
Terrorism is a relatively new term which needs to be replaced by traitors in some instances. As serious as the terrorist threat of the Taliban is, and it is very serious, it dwarfs in comparison to the traitors who write our polices, who argue against the development of Pakistan, and use a well oiled apparatus to go against the state in every development project, who argue against every step meant for the betterment of the country and who stand in the way of progress while undermining and deteriorating the power of the state taking advantage of sectarian rifts and tribal loyalties to try and keep our focus away from real issues that plague the nation today.
I wonder how we will get rid of these parasites . They seem to know what they are doing . In fact in testing times , they hold hands and support each other .
@Gufi , how was the ending ? lolz , wanted to make it a bit emotional .

It was nice but could have been longer to be honest....
I can't edit it now . Plus i was getting bored . I wanted to start writing on sectarianism killings that's been going on .

Back
Top Bottom