What's new

What could the PAF had seen in the Thunder....

Just see it as a basic platform with many versions to come.
How many versions of the Mirage have been made, and even a very successful naval version called the Super-Etendard.

U kidding i never said about TVC or Aesa . all i said about aesa is that it has Aesa has property of swash plate which jf17 block 2 will have the swash plate on its KLJ7v2 . and what i said is that Jf17 meets the PAF requirements. and plz dont be too harsh u seem a sarcastic person who does not understand what i said and just bluff ...

My mistake... mistakenly i pointed towards you....i mean many people over here, saying JF-17 blk 2 will come with AESA so and so...

All i want to say those crazy fans that Paf official are not desperate to buy FC-20 now they are happy with jf17 it is already confirmed that block 2 will be superior to blk 52+ regarding avionics thats the bottom line

I am sure this Block-II version with Composites, WS-13(100KN), FLIR with IRST(which is present now too), Retractable In Flight refueling probe and much better avionics and weapons with AESA will prove the world that what PAF actually seen in this fighter along with the dual seat as well for training as well as AJT(70 of them).

I am sure this Block-II version with Composites, WS-13(100KN), FLIR with IRST(which is present now too), Retractable In Flight refueling probe and much better avionics and weapons with AESA will prove the world that what PAF actually seen in this fighter along with the dual seat as well for training as well as AJT(70 of them).

IRST no confirmed , However about AESA , the Block 2 will have for a while klj7v2 but later block 2 will be upgraded with AESA , at present there is no good offer for PAF jf17.

Just see it as a basic platform with many versions to come.
How many versions of the Mirage have been made, and even a very successful naval version called the Super-Etendard.

is that the same one that Israel used to attack and tried to sink American USS Liberty ship in the Arabian sea?

is that the same one that Israel used to attack and tried to sink American USS Liberty ship in the Arabian sea?
Those were dassault mystique or something like Mysterio lolx i dont remember correctly however Super Etendard is launched in 1983 incident was in 6 day war 1967

Anyone here have any idea what that some blue mystifying paint is doing on exhausts of all JF-17s? All exhuasts are having traces of blue. Someone please explain.... Thank you...

Anyone here have any idea what that some blue mystifying paint is doing on exhausts of all JF-17s? All exhuasts are having traces of blue. Someone please explain.... Thank you...

this is not pain but rust of titanium-nickel alloy and it create a protective coating against more rust or the other reason could be the extreme heat that gives metal that kind of coloring . .. . . ..

Sir,

You did not know the answer to that----instead of posting questions like that----you should have posted that question on google search-----.

By the way---what are you studying at school!!!!!!!

what if PAF went for J-10 instead of JF-17?
even a baseline J10 A is around 20 million as against 12 million for JFT. With 200 fighters to replace that is a huge additional cost. Secondly one of the factors that I or none of us had highlighted(because none of us knew about it) was posted by Pshamim, an Ex PAF oficer and repsresentative of Lockheed martin. According to him the potential for growth and further development of JFT is a lot more that that of J10. Now no one denies that J10 is a fantastic aircraft and PAF is in love with it, but these 2 reasons are enough for PAF to keep going with JFT.
Thirdly and equally importantly, PAF had sunk its millions in the project already before J10 came on to the scene. The evolution of JFT had had a lot of work done with the American on the Super Seven project and subsequently the chinese and also PAF. It was not possible to waste all the money and move to a different project and start work again. J10 was not an easy technology to master and PLAAF has had its hands full with lots of redesigning sessions. That imposes a certain uncertainty to the time of induction. With PAFs ageing fleet, we could not have afforded this wait. We there fore opted for a more easy to manufacture and maintain project on which to learn beofre moving on to bigger and better projects. This in my view is a vvery pragmatic and realistic view and the fact that from design to materialisation inspite of problems wit hengines nad other tech, JFT was delivered in record time at no over run to the meagre development budget. This in my view is a resounding success of the project.
In many ways I think PAF has recreated the modern version of the ig 21 , an affordable( people do not like the term cheap any more!!) user friendly and easy to maintain platform which will replace a lot of the third world's ageing inventory and will be popular as the rest of the world has moved on to more expensive platofrms which have fast become unaffordable for most of the third world. Its diversity, ease of incorporation of multiple radars and electronic suites and therefore a wide array of weapons could recreate the myth of the Mig 21 again. I think we havve little gem on our hands.
Araz

While I would love to have the luxury of choosing multiple engine and WS13 on board, I agree with a few other posters that PAF would be in no hurry to change over to WS13. The engine needs to mature and PAF will not take on a new and untried product just because it is chinese( and therefore embargo free). I also suspect that as soon or just before WS13 comes on line we will be offered a better version of WS13 with higher thrust. So in many ways the chinese will be playing the catch up game, having come on to the scene later .The russians are not fools to compromise on a project that requires well over 5-600 engines. that is a huge business commitment with repairs and follow up order. PAF will try to get some minor manufacturing rights from the Russkies if the relations thaw out but this may yet take time and we may continue to rely on the chinese for the foreseeable future for further supplies and repair/replacements.
Araz

The thread OP has to realize .. that its not what the PAF saw in the Thunder..
Its what the PAF saw... for its future. that became the thunder..

The thunder was not selected to meet a requirement, it was designed around it.
To perfectly fit a piece of the puzzle... which it does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom