What's new

What could the PAF had seen in the Thunder....

Lol....An Indian must show his/her true colours one way or the other. A stealth 3.5/4th Generation J-2X!! Read up on the basic qualities of a Jet to be considered 5th Gen and then post about J-2X kid.

You forgot AEWCS and SAM's especially within PAF territory as IAF will play the aggressor's role and will penetrate PAF airspace for strikes rather than vice versa.

actually he is right..what 5th gen in western standard,that is 4th gen for Chinese..Chinese standard classify aircraft one less than the western standard.

see here...they call J-20 a 4th gen aircraft..

Good news: China’s fourth generation machine engine successfully test machine « Military of China, force comment.

please provide source.....otherwise don't be speculative..........

technically PAF did saw something in thunder, they simply designed it to exactly what they wanted...so its in a sense a perfect aircrft for PAF with the provided budget..
ofcourse if PAF had a very big budget , thunder might have been a different aircraft

technically PAF did saw something in thunder, they simply designed it to exactly what they wanted...so its in a sense a perfect aircrft for PAF with the provided budget..
ofcourse if PAF had a very big budget , thunder might have been a different aircraft

if by big budget you mean a twin engine, bigger heavier fighter then you are missing the point and I must disagree

understand the role and the niche. a ligth/ medium weight multi-role fighter. without making it similar to a frontline/ deep strike fighter. then that would be duplication, waste of time and waste of resources.

if JF-17 would have had the same payload, radar, range and engine like a J-10 (for example) just because we would have had enough funds then whats the point of having J-10? F-16 existed side by side the F-15 because of its intended role.

if having enough funds means that even your lighter fighter should have high end package of avionics, engine and arms then you need to make space for it and then its anything but a light/ mid Multirole fighter you wanted it to be.

if by different you mean if we had the open & unrestricted access to western technology (with money of less concern) then I agree that within the same role and scope JF-17 would have had been a different aircraft due to its better Western package (but same size & role)

I consider the JFT to be just the first step on a long journey, cost effective, multi role or not the JFT 's most valuable contribution is self sufficiency

JF17 block 2 radar has range greater than 130 km for 5m^2 so far my source told me Radar gap b/w jf17 blk2 and su30MkI radar range are same now , as far PESA's doppler notch of SU30 MKI he quoted that Doppler notch does not work always. Jf17 Block 2 will be given an integrated on fin advance EW suite that might be similar to EF2000 and Rafale however cost has increased more than expected.

If you think JF-17 block-2 will have same level of MKI...you don't need to import J-10 from china....

JF17 block 2 radar has range greater than 130 km for 5m^2 so far my source told me Radar gap b/w jf17 blk2 and su30MkI radar range are same now , as far PESA's doppler notch of SU30 MKI he quoted that Doppler notch does not work always. Jf17 Block 2 will be given an integrated on fin advance EW suite that might be similar to EF2000 and Rafale however cost has increased more than expected.

I wish your sources will be atleast 10% right

I think your being unfair to the chengdu corporation here

JFT uses all Chinease origin technology with a russian engine.

PS

iF I AM WRONG i apologise in advance.

And i realise full well Pakistanis designed their projects needs and too part in china in the work.

if by big budget you mean a twin engine, bigger heavier fighter then you are missing the point and I must disagree

understand the role and the niche. a ligth/ medium weight multi-role fighter. without making it similar to a frontline/ deep strike fighter. then that would be duplication, waste of time and waste of resources.

if JF-17 would have had the same payload, radar, range and engine like a J-10 (for example) just because we would have had enough funds then whats the point of having J-10? F-16 existed side by side the F-15 because of its intended role.

if having enough funds means that even your lighter fighter should have high end package of avionics, engine and arms then you need to make space for it and then its anything but a light/ mid Multirole fighter you wanted it to be.

if by different you mean if we had the open & unrestricted access to western technology (with money of less concern) then I agree that within the same role and scope JF-17 would have had been a different aircraft due to its better Western package (but same size & role)
well i thought , that amopng many one reason for JFT was western weapon restrictions..If PAF had much funds it may have desgned a much heavier and power aircrft like an f-16 or flanker with the chinese. J-10 wasnt functional in mid 90s.

Think of it as a stepping stone.Maybe 10 years from now when we might on the verge of developing a Block III of this beauty you will realize the importance of this stepping stone.

If you think JF-17 block-2 will have same level of MKI...you don't need to import J-10 from china....

You are definitely right my friend that's why some of my friends from army who told me that their airforce fellow dont think J10 is necessary or PAF is not much interested so far Block 2 is just a general improvement but the Airforce is working hard to add more qualities in jf17 for example AESA , he quoted the jf17 is first aircraft in PAF to have swash plate however in block 2. the increased range is >130km for 5m^2 RCS , i remember a discussion here in forum about who will lock first the SU30 or JF17 ofcourse SU30 but difference was only of 10 -12 km and SU30mki Sacrifices a hell of RCS thats why it will come in Jf17 radar first.

The Payload is more than 4200kg the 3652 approx we find was initial but it has improved to carry more weight.

Lol....An Indian must show his/her true colours one way or the other. A stealth 3.5/4th Generation J-2X!! Read up on the basic qualities of a Jet to be considered 5th Gen and then post about J-2X kid.

and a pakistani must show his height of ignorance and rant about something he dont know even a bit.

Chinese classification of aircraft is 1 gen lower than rest of the world. For them J20 is a 4th gen fighter.

and a pakistani must show his height of ignorance and rant about something he dont know even a bit.

Chinese classification of aircraft is 1 gen lower than rest of the world. For them J20 is a 4th gen fighter.

I don't know what they will call 1st gen jets.............lol

You are definitely right my friend that's why some of my friends from army who told me that their airforce fellow dont think J10 is necessary or PAF is not much interested so far Block 2 is just a general improvement but the Airforce is working hard to add more qualities in jf17 for example AESA , he quoted the jf17 is first aircraft in PAF to have swash plate however in block 2. the increased range is >130km for 5m^2 RCS , i remember a discussion here in forum about who will lock first the SU30 or JF17 ofcourse SU30 but difference was only of 10 -12 km and SU30mki Sacrifices a hell of RCS thats why it will come in Jf17 radar first.

The Payload is more than 4200kg the 3652 approx we find was initial but it has improved to carry more weight.

I won't agree with your argument....im not so jumpy like you to pick speculative information until unless i get officially confirmed news..... many guys are bringing AESA radar, and improved engine with TVC,etc....that cost alot ....JF-17 comes with cheap price tags .....with all gadgets that you people are mentioning will make heavy burden...... Can you guys proived source that wich engine is gonna be used for JF-17 for TVC, and you guys expecting AESA from ?????..... there are plenty sources stating that PAF going to induct J-10B...... please guys think some thing in right way..... If Jf-17 gonna be same level as J-10 with low price tag or even same price ....China is not stupid to make another equal jet..... give some credit to Chinese and J-10b.....

I won't agree with your argument....im not so jumpy like you to pick speculative information until unless i get officially confirmed news..... you guys are so quick bringing AESA radar, and improved engine with TVC,etc....that cost alot ....JF-17 comes with cheap price tags .....with all gadgets that you people are mentioning will make heavy burden...... Can you guys proived source that wich engine is gonna be used for JF-17 for TVC, and you guys expecting AESA from ?????..... there are plenty sources stating that PAF going to induct J-10B...... please guys think some thing in right way..... If Jf-17 gonna be same level as J-10 with low price tag or even same price ....China is not stupid to make another equal jet..... give some credit to Chinese and J-10b.....

U kidding i never said about TVC or Aesa . all i said about aesa is that it has Aesa has property of swash plate which jf17 block 2 will have the swash plate on its KLJ7v2 . and what i said is that Jf17 meets the PAF requirements. and plz dont be too harsh u seem a sarcastic person who does not understand what i said and just bluff ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom