What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

Ayesha siddiqas book was debunked here on PDF .. It's full of inaccuracies .. Christine fair (don't know what is wrong with her lol)

ooh I'll try to find that thread of Siddiqa's book... do you happen to remember the title? or something to help me find it?

so far these are the ones I am about to order.... but you're saying that Husain Haqqani's is a bit pagal?!!
Captura de pantalla 2014-08-23 00.53.15.png

No thats a different Author(Hasan Askari Rizvi).
Hussain Haqqani, has also written Pakistan Between Mosque and Military. He does a lot of lectures/talks, you can find them on youtube (thats how I came to know about him).

upsss hehe yes Between Mosque and Military is it a good one?

ooh I'll try to find that thread of Siddiqa's book... do you happen to remember the title? or something to help me find it?

so far these are the ones I am about to order.... but you're saying that Husain Haqqani's is a bit pagal?!!
View attachment 44622

upsss hehe yes Between Mosque and Military is it a good one?

I'm not familiar with Cohens work but Hussain Haqqani (his book magnificent illusions) is nothing but full of delusions ... A Pakistani American ... Who was appointed our ambassador to USA ... Is involved in scandals like memogate,issuing visas to CIA operatives etc... No thank you ... As for ayesha siddiqa thread .. Maybe. @Aeronaut. @Xeric. @Chak Bamu. @Oscar. Could help you with that..

Also i would suggest Crossed Sword by Shuja Pasha .. And if you are interested in creation of Bangladesh n 1971 war ... Dead Reckoning by Sarmila Bose.. It's not a very big book (hardly can be read in 2 or 3 days with conviction off course) and very interesting..

Thanks..

Butsy suggest me a good book..

!Never knew you read so much..

I just finished Z.A Suleri's My Leader - a Book about Quaid-e-Azam & the Pakistan Movement written by Z.A Suleri - the Journalist - in 1945 which Quaid-e-Azam himself has read it & the Quaid's letter to the author about the Book forms the Book's Preface ! :)

You're actually going to buy all of these books ? :o:

If you've got that much spare cash why not send me a yearly supply of Tacos instead ? :p:

And the Hussain Haqqani book - I suppose it could be useful as 'toilet paper' ! :unsure:

But you know so much about Pakistan & I don't know much about Mexico....I feel so bad ! :(

I'm not familiar with Cohens work but Hussain Haqqani (his book magnificent illusions) is nothing but full of delusions ... A Pakistani American ... Who was appointed our ambassador to USA ... Is involved in scandals like memogate,issuing visas to CIA operatives etc... No thank you ... As for ayesha siddiqa thread .. Maybe. @Aeronaut. @Xeric. @Chak Bamu. @Oscar. Could help you with that..

Also i would suggest Crossed Sword by Shuja Pasha .. And if you are interested in creation of Bangladesh n 1971 war ... Dead Reckoning by Sarmila Bose.. It's not a very big book (hardly can be read in 2 or 3 days with conviction off course) and very interesting..

Thanks..

ooh ok!! haha apparently yea .. Haqqani's book is going from my list then! thanks for warning ...
Shuja Pasha sounds familiar to me... is he by any chance a General that was appointed by Kayani for mmm something important??
Also will consider the one by Sarmila Bose, coz I already finished the subchapter about the 1971 war, but I can always learn and add details :partay: thanks a lot!

upload_2014-8-23_20-9-43.jpeg

Deception: Pakistan, the United States, and the Secret Trade in Nuclear Weapons
a book about dr. abdul qadeer khan and pakistan nuclear programe

You're actually going to buy all of these books ? :o:

If you've got that much spare cash why not send me a yearly supply of Tacos instead ? :p:

And the Hussain Haqqani book - I suppose it could be useful as 'toilet paper' ! :unsure:

But you know so much about Pakistan & I don't know much about Mexico....I feel so bad ! :(

haha not all, Haqqani's book is off the list now... and well, since international shipping usually costs the same than a book :sick: I have to order all in 1 shipment... but buying all those books also means this year I won't buy my football club seasons card :cray:So i guess your tacos will have to wait! :(

Anyway... you can always ask me about Mexico, our history is also interesting... specially from 1850's onwards and reading about the Mexican revolution feels like reading a novel about treachery :azn:

ooh ok!! haha apparently yea .. Haqqani's book is going from my list then! thanks for warning ...
Shuja Pasha sounds familiar to me... is he by any chance a General that was appointed by Kayani for mmm something important??
Also will consider the one by Sarmila Bose, coz I already finished the subchapter about the 1971 war, but I can always learn and add details :partay: thanks a lot!

I'm sorry my mistake Shuja Nawaz.. And do read dead reckoning .. It gives full account of incidents from the elections till the end of the war..

I'm sorry my mistake Shuja Nawaz.. And do read dead reckoning .. It gives full account of incidents from the elections till the end of the war..

ooh haha why am i an idiot?? haha I have this book! :-) thankss... now looking into Dead Reckoning contents

ohh seems like a very good book, I was just suggested to get that book! thanksss :D

haha not all, Haqqani's book is off the list now... and well, since international shipping usually costs the same than a book :sick: I have to order all in 1 shipment... but buying all those books also means this year I won't buy my football club seasons card :cray:So i guess your tacos will have to wait! :(

You are a Football Fan ? :o:

I love Football ! :smitten:

Anyway... you can always ask me about Mexico, our history is also interesting... specially from 1850's onwards and reading about the Mexican revolution feels like reading a novel about treachery :azn:

So what is the origin of the word 'Mexico' & when & who were the first people who came to be identified as Mexicans ? :)

You are a Football Fan ? :o:
I love Football ! :smitten:

So what is the origin of the word 'Mexico' & when & who were the first people who came to be identified as Mexicans ? :)

yess... to be honest, i dont watch much of international matches or leagues...... but my mexican league is what keeps me sane from work and thesis... :yahoo: what is your club?

Mexico comes from "mexica" which are the aztecs themselves.... but this Mexica term did not include Mayans or other –now in Mexico territory– civilizations (like mayas)

Then Spanish came, allied with smaller civilizations to defeat the Aztects, and after that defeated, massacred everyone here and when settled here you could say that the natives –even though divided into many ethnicities and castes– could be known as Mexicans... even though this territory was named "New Spain" but then right before independence was given they changed the name to "Mexican Empire"

but it was till early 1900's that Mexican identity was actually made so we will not focus on our ethnic origins but more like we're all mexicans, result of a mixture.."mestizos"...

yess... to be honest, i dont watch much of international matches or leagues...... but my mexican league is what keeps me sane from work and thesis... :yahoo: what is your club?

My club is Liverpool F.C ! :smokin:

Unfortunately football in Pakistan is pretty darn bad....we're a cricketing nation ! :(

Mexico comes from "mexica" which are the aztecs themselves.... but this Mexica term did not include Mayans or other –now in Mexico territory– civilizations (like mayas)

Then Spanish came, allied with smaller civilizations to defeat the Aztects, and after that defeated, massacred everyone here and when settled here you could say that the natives –even though divided into many ethnicities and castes– could be known as Mexicans... even though this territory was named "New Spain" but then right before independence was given they changed the name to "Mexican Empire"

but it was till early 1900's that Mexican identity was actually made so we will not focus on our ethnic origins but more like we're all mexicans, result of a mixture.."mestizos"...

Ahhhh...I had thought that Azetcs, Incas & Mayans were Empires with similar roots just as most South Americans are called Latinos or Latin Americans despite, I'm sure, there being a lot of differences between a Mexican & a Bolivian ! :unsure:

My club is Liverpool F.C ! :smokin:

Unfortunately football in Pakistan is pretty darn bad....we're a cricketing nation ! :(

Ahhhh...I had thought that Azetcs, Incas & Mayans were Empires with similar roots just as most South Americans are called Latinos or Latin Americans despite, I'm sure, there being a lot of differences between a Mexican & a Bolivian ! :unsure:

ooh Liverpool!:o:.. my team is Atlas fc hahaha I'm sure you never heard of but we're nice ...
Ohhh yea Cricket.... once I tried to watch a match, I thought it was similar to baseball, but seriously, I couldnt understand a single thing about cricket...

yes... I think latinos is a way to say we all were once spanish colonies... I'm not sure...I should have paid more attention to highschool and university lectures,

I once went to Peru and Bolivia, they also speak Quechwa and spanish, they kept their indigenous language unlike us... and even some of them thought we mexicans spoke english as first language... :disagree: some countries from South America still like us but some other see us like we want to be more North Americans than Latinos which is false...only because of our inept government cut relations with Latin countries :angry::(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom