What's new

Was Modi's Message to China's Li Keqiang - We will accept the LAC as the border?

proud_indian

Reaction score
Country
India
IMGP0869-20121115LR.jpg

Was Modi's Message to China's Li Keqiang - We will accept the LAC as the border?

Prime Minister Narendra Modi possibly created history on Thursday May 29, 2014, and ironically no one seems to have noticed, thanks to our wayward newsmedia that considers anything non controversial as non news and currently has Article 370 coming out of all its orifices outlets.

The Indian PM told Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during a telephonic conversation on Thursday that the Indian government had resolved to "utilize the full potential of our strategic and cooperative Partnership with China...to work closely with the Chinese leadership to deal with any outstanding issues in our bilateral relations by proceeding from the strategic perspective of our developmental goals and long-term benefits to our peoples."

I am not a diplomat, but I don't think I have to be one to understand what Modi meant when he said "to deal with any outstanding issues in our bilateral relations by proceeding from the strategic perspective of our developmental goals and long-term benefits to our peoples."

For India's relations with China to flourish, the outstanding border dispute between the two nations with civilizational links needs to be resolved; not by round after round of official babu talks, but a strategic political vision. A vision that focuses on "our developmen goals" and brings "long-term benefits to our peoples."

What Modi told Li Kequiang was - Lets move forward. Moving forward means leaving your past behind. India's relations with China have, for the past over 50 years, remained shackled by their border dispute.

A "strategic perspective" must look beyond intractable claims about our mutual border; it must look beyond give and take to resolve the border dispute. It must consider mutual give and forget.

A "strategic perspective" must come with the attitude - "What border dispute?"

For over 50-years India and China have clamored for their 'historical' border, unmindful of their differing perceptions on what was the historical border. Well 50-years is history by itself; the LAC could now well be viewed as the historical border and there is no difference in difference in perception over it. (I believe the Chinese ambivalence on the LAC in Ladakh is really aggressive posturing, not a real difference in perception.)

So did Modi signal to China that it was time for India and China to resolve their border dispute along the lines suggested by the Chinese themselves earlier? By accepting the LAC as the new international border?

I think so. China's decision to send their foreign minister Wang Yi to India in the second week of June to follow-up on the Modi - Li Keqiang conversation is a clear indication that Modi has said something that China is delighted to hear.

IMGP0869-20121115LR.jpg

Prime Minister Narendra Modi possibly created history on Thursday May 29, 2014, and ironically no one seems to have noticed, thanks to our wayward newsmedia that considers anything non controversial as non news and currently has Article 370 coming out of all its orifices outlets.

The Indian PM told Chinese Premier Li Keqiang during a telephonic conversation on Thursday that the Indian government had resolved to "utilize the full potential of our strategic and cooperative Partnership with China...to work closely with the Chinese leadership to deal with any outstanding issues in our bilateral relations by proceeding from the strategic perspective of our developmental goals and long-term benefits to our peoples."

I am not a diplomat, but I don't think I have to be one to understand what Modi meant when he said "to deal with any outstanding issues in our bilateral relations by proceeding from the strategic perspective of our developmental goals and long-term benefits to our peoples."

For India's relations with China to flourish, the outstanding border dispute between the two nations with civilizational links needs to be resolved; not by round after round of official babu talks, but a strategic political vision. A vision that focuses on "our developmen goals" and brings "long-term benefits to our peoples."

What Modi told Li Kequiang was - Lets move forward. Moving forward means leaving your past behind. India's relations with China have, for the past over 50 years, remained shackled by their border dispute.

A "strategic perspective" must look beyond intractable claims about our mutual border; it must look beyond give and take to resolve the border dispute. It must consider mutual give and forget.

A "strategic perspective" must come with the attitude - "What border dispute?"

For over 50-years India and China have clamored for their 'historical' border, unmindful of their differing perceptions on what was the historical border. Well 50-years is history by itself; the LAC could now well be viewed as the historical border and there is no difference in difference in perception over it. (I believe the Chinese ambivalence on the LAC in Ladakh is really aggressive posturing, not a real difference in perception.)

So did Modi signal to China that it was time for India and China to resolve their border dispute along the lines suggested by the Chinese themselves earlier? By accepting the LAC as the new international border?

I think so. China's decision to send their foreign minister Wang Yi to India in the second week of June to follow-up on the Modi - Li Keqiang conversation is a clear indication that Modi has said something that China is delighted to hear.

Source ?

India has always unofficially agreed to LAC as the border but the Chinese have always been hell bent on taking the Tawang district in Arunachal Pradesh from India. I don't believe the Chinese would change their stance just because they like Modi.

Source ?

India has always unofficially agreed to LAC as the border but the Chinese have always been hell bent on taking the Tawang district in Arunachal Pradesh from India. I don't believe the Chinese would change their stance just because they like Modi.

They want tawang badly . If we could exchange tawang for Aksai Chin , i think it would be a good deal .

They want tawang badly . If we could exchange tawang for Aksai Chin , i think it would be a good deal .

They wont leave Aksai China at any cost. They just want Tawang in return of their dropping their claim of the rest of Arunachal, therefore back to square one.

But , I still want to know the source of the OP.

India will not give away any land with living people/citizens in them.

That would be great, accept the LAC as the border and lets move on into a better future for Asia!

Some of you are so quick to yell .."lets make this an Asian century," blah, blah. What a bunch of idiots. Pay attention to the news around the world idiots. Look what China is doing to its immediate neighbors. Do you think you can really work with China together in the future. They just want to buy time and gain some votes in key areas. For China, its business as usual. Resolving the border is only one temporary step for them. What's the guarantee, they won't push when they are in a better position? They don;t want us coming up to usup them.

Back
Top Bottom